Eight

And Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“H-hi.” Jina stammers, at a loss for words. She clenches her hands in nervousness before clasping both together.

 

Jungkook continues to stare at the girl in front of him, soaking in the fact that he’s finally found the girl behind the voice. He gives a gentle smile, before saying, “oh!” and reaching in his pocket.

 

“I believe this is yours.” He says, and Jina’s phone is in the palm of his hands.

 

“Thank you.” Jina takes it, content that she finally has her beloved phone back. Jina glances at Jungkook for a second, and sees that the boy is staring so deeply at her; there are no signs of nervousness or anxiety or even disappointment--rather, just admiration.

 

“Are you scared?” Jungkook says and Jina shakes her head. He smiles before saying, “Then what are you feeling?”

 

Jina stutters for a bit, before her friend interjects, “She’s just speechless!”

 

For a second, Jina forgets that her friend is still there.

 

“I’ll be on my way now.” Taemi squeals, then squeezes Jina’s hand. She turns to Jungkook and points at him, “Can you make sure she gets home safe?”

 

Jungkook nods. With that, Taemi walks away--practically skipping--in joy for her friend.

 

“You know, you made me look very dumb when I talked about Star in front of you.”

 

“Yeah, it was super ironic, huh?” Jina laughs, “It would’ve been funny if you complained more about her, like oh my gosh, she's such a stubborn .”

 

“I would never.” Jungkook laughs, and turns his head around to see the people bustling around them. “Do you want to get out of here? I mean we’re kinda in everyone's way.”

 

“I’m actually starving.” Jungkook says, and Jina agrees that she could have a decent meal about now.

 

“Ramen?” Jina suggests.

 

“And ice cream afterwards?”

 

“That sounds like heaven.” Jina laughs and walks behind the male. Had this been two weeks earlier, she would’ve never known Jungkook. Girls at school swoon over this guy everyday, and here she is--going out with him (is this a date?, she thinks) alone. She didn’t want to think about it too much, but she wondered if Jungkook mutually felt the same way.

 

Hopefully, it wasn’t just her voice that he just liked. Hopefully, he liked her as her.

 

As they entered the restaurant, Jina became extra attentive to Jungkook and how he naturally respectable he was. She noticed he pulled out her chair for her, that he poured her water, that he allowed her to order first. It was small things that built up, and it made clear to Jina that Jungkook had absolutely no flaws.

 

“I have to ask,” Jina says as Jungkook is picking up a big portion of noodles. He immediately puts it down, allowing Jina to continue. “Are you disappointed that I’m Star?”

 

Jungkook gives her a look that’s hard to make out. He his head to the side and squints his eyes. “What makes you think that?”

 

“I don’t know,” Jina looks down. “I’m not out there--no one knows who I am and probably don’t want to. I mean, I’m a nobody.” She says, trying her best not to evoke any type of pity from Jungkook. It wasn’t that she was desperate to be known; she enjoyed not being in the spotlight. Rather, she was trying to tell the truth--that she was a nobody, that Jungkook chased after a nobody.

 

“Well first,” Jungkook puts his chopsticks on the bowl. “I think you’re great. You’re not a nobody. I’m actually glad that it ended being you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, like what if it turned out to be a really nasty girl? Like, like-- what’s the name of your sisters?”

 

Jina chuckles, “EunAe and EunBi.”

 

“Yes! What if they ended up being Star? I’d feel cheated.”

 

“You're horrible!"

 

"And you agree with me!"

 

"Okay, well you caught me there. I'd honestly feel bad for you if they ended up being the ones you were chasing after for so long."

 

"Right?! Thanks for your pity. I appreciate it."

 

Jina laughs at the male, baffled, "You're so dumb." 

 

Jungkook scoffs and puts his heart on his chest, "That hurts, Jina! Who knew you were so mean?"

 

"I'm not mean! I promise you I'm nice!"

 

“See? Don’t sell yourself short, Jina. You should know you’re incredible.” Jungkook says and gives her a genuine grin. He watches as the girl in front of him gives a faint laugh--as if she’s uncomfortable with the compliment--and tucks her hair behind her ear. Jungkook points out that Jina didn’t have a fabulous or over-the-top beauty, but rather, a fresh, natural one that Jungkook preferred. In a school that is obsessed celebrity looks of packing on white foundation and coloring in the straightest, darkest brows, Jina was quite beautiful on her own.

 

“I wanted to ask you, what were you doing downtown at the station? Like, it’s crazy how big of a coincidence this all was.”

 

Jungkook giggles softly, “Yeah right? I was on my way back from my agency.”

 

Jina her head as she’s blowing on her food, “I thought you started practicing at the school instead of your agency.”

 

“Actually… I was there to terminate my position. I’m no longer a trainee.” Jungkook says, quite nonchalantly. He continues eating normally as Jina’s mouth is wide open.

 

“No way! Why? Did you get in trouble?” Jina looks genuinely upset.

 

“No, no. I’m just happier this way." Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter