part two

Yule Ball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Classes were held as usual until few days before the twenty-fifth of December where younger students who are not attending the Yule Ball were given a chance to go home for the holidays. Students who stayed behind to attend the ball started gushing about the upcoming event. Chatters of excitement came from the ladies as they reveal their respective dates.

As for Ryeowook and Kyuhyun who seems to be done with their secret late night dance practices, they relaxed, lying on the grassy grounds near Hagrid's hut.

"What if we ditch the Yule Ball later?" Kyuhyun suggested. He rested his head on the spell books while he spread his left arm for Ryeowook to use as pillow.

“We can’t. The Professors will notice us missing. Do you want detention?” the Ryeowook refused. “Plus you don’t want to waste all those dance practices we had Kyu,”

Kyuhyun grinned looking at the sky. Of course he wouldn’t dare missing the night just because he isn’t fond of parties. He is looking forward for tonight’s events…of spending the whole night with his beloved. And perhaps if he is brave enough, he could finally tell him his feelings.

“What’s funny?” Ryeowook inquired when the other stopped talking to him. He sat up and looked over Kyuhyun only to find him grinning like crazy.

Breaking from his thoughts Kyuhyun just stared at him and smiled. “Nothing,”

“Tsk tsk nothing,” Ryeowook rolled his eyes not believing him but let it go anyway. He stood up and grabbed his bag and books. “I’m going back to the castle now,”

Kyuhyun immediately sat up. “WHAT? WHY?” his widened.

“What what and why? Kyu the Yule ball is tonight and look,” he pointed at the castle from the distance, “I think we’re the only ones not in their respective houses right now. Everyone is preparing for the ball. You should too.”

“But it’s four freaking hours away! Why do I need to prepare for that long?”

Ryeowook gave him tired look and crossed his arms on his chest. “I’ll head back now…if you don’t want to come then fine. See you later Kyu!” he bid goodbye and ran away down the hill to the castle grounds. Kyuhyun just sat there watching his retreating back until he disappeared.

 

Time quickly passed unnoticed by students. Soon the night sets in and the Great Hall lights up with all the flashy and glittering decorations. Circular table and seats covered in white and silver linen were arranged with the help of some spells to create ice formations of castles as center piece.             Three large Christmas trees were standing near the stage where the Weird Sisters will perform tonight. Professor Flitwick bewitched the ceilings to form snow and floor is already covered with it except for the center where the glass tiles will serve as the dance floor for the waltz. The buffet table is already being filled with food as the delicacies continue to disapparate from the elves kitchen.

An hour before the event starts, students began to arrive and fill the Great Hall. They need to be inside and at exactly eight o’clock the Tri-wizard champions will start the Yule Ball with the traditional opening dance.

 

Kyuhyun walked back and forth at the end of the circular stairs going to the basement where all Hufflepuffs will pass by. He is waiting for Ryeowook to come out from their common room but it’s been thirty minutes and he hasn’t come out yet. Zhoumi and Sungmin already passed by minutes ago and now he sees Jiyoung coming out behind the doors.

The fellow fourth year student was surprised when she saw Kyuhyun that she almost drop her purse. “Kyuhyun, what are you – ,” she paused and remembered something. “Ah, Ryeowook is coming. I just saw him talking to someone.”

True to her words, as soon as Jiyoung was out of sight Ryeowook emerged from their common room. He smiled brightly upon seeing Kyuhyun who’s back was turned to him. He quietly crept behind and gave him a surprise back hug. Kyuhyun was startled but smile at the warm gesture.

“How long have you been waiting here?”

Kyuhyun faced him and took his hands into his. “Almost an hour?”

“AN HOUR???”

Kyuhyun chuckled and pinched his cheek to which Ryeowook smacked his chest lightly. “I’m just joking. I arrived few minutes before Sungmin and Zhoumi left.”

“Really? Then let’s go now Kyukyu. It’s about to start!” he entwined their hands and pulled his partner as they ran upstairs to the Great Hall. They arrived just in time as Professor Mcgonagall was gathering the champions and their partners outside the Hall.

Ryeowook’s eyes wandered over the newly dressed Great Hall. He almost didn’t recognize the place as it magically transformed into a glamorous event place. He looked around to find Eunhyuk and Donghae but with the crowd it is impossible to find them. Also, he is surprised to see the transformations of the students, from simple Hogwarts robes into jewelled accessories and shiny robes and dresses. “Kyu, did you see the two idiots?” he whispered clinging to Kyuhyun’s left arm.

“Not yet. They’re probably with their fellow Gryffindors,” he replied slightly embarrassed again by their close proximity. Ryeowook’s face is practically just an inch away from his as the smaller is leaning at him.

Everyone fell silent as the orchestra began playing the opening song in which the Tri-wizard champions entered the Hall with their partners. They positioned themselves on the dance floor and headed the waltz. The champions swayed and danced through the first song and soon the professors and students began joining them to dance with their partners.

Kyuhyun knew it's about time to ask his partner for a dance alongside the others. He gulped and brushed off his nervousness. He's not going to screw this wonderful night. Blushing, he offered his hand to Ryeowook. Kyuhyun thought he saw a hint of pink in Ryeowook's cheeks as he took his hand and walked towards the dance floor together.

Just like what they had practiced together on those stolen nights, Kyuhyun's hand held onto Ryeowook’s waist as his other hand clasped his partner’s free hand. Ryeowook wrapped his other arm around his partner’s neck. They followed the melody, continuously swaying and twirling. Kyuhyun was careful not to step on Ryeowook’s feet.

“You’re now a great dancer Kyukyu,” he complemented as Kyuhyun lifted him up in the air.

“All thanks to you Ryeonggu,” Kyuhyun beamed in gratitude making his ears turn pink.

 

Few moments later Ryeowook and Kyuhyun sat down to taste the foods served. They also watched at the sidelines as the Weird Sisters began performing their greatest hits.

"You know, I'm not really fond of them no matter how popular they are in the Wizarding World," Kyuhyun said. "My sister's crazy for them. She got big posters in her bedroom,"

"With your personality, you're someone who would enjoy slow music instead. You're a nerd after all," Ryeowook teased.

"No I'm not," he denied but moments later he pulled Ryeowook with him outside because he can't stand the loud music.

"I'd rather walk here in peace," Kyuhyun said looking at the moon shining above. "Told you we should have ditched the ball," He walked across the grounds towards the Black Lake. The woods near the lake was usually quiet. The thestrals calmly wander in the forest.

"Why are you suddenly insisting that we ditch the ball? You were the one who asked me to teach you how to dance," Ryeowook followed behind Kyuhyun. "I thought you are eager to attend the Yule Ball,"

"I was...but I suddenly remembered something. It is the only night where we can freely sneak out without being caught."

"And where would you want to go?"

Kyuhyun faced him and saw him smile despite the darkness of the surroundings. "To the Black Lake,"

"Black Lake??? Why?"

"I want to take you on a boat ride in the Black Lake...to watch the moonlight and the stars," he said in a gentle voice. "I've been wanting to do something extraordinary...something special and unforgettable before I leave Hogwarts."

Ryeowook smiled in understanding. He stepped closer to Kyuhyun and held his hand tightly in his. "We could sneak around and do that in the future. We have years... and if we can't then let's do anything. Anything that will be the most unforgettable memory of our youth...of our years in here."

"You will do that with me?" Kyuhyun questioned.

The Hufflepuff nodded. "Of course. Although we might be in trouble I would love to risk it for fun."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter