The reason that doesn't make sense

Gary's confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It is a mixed of past and present (and future?). Still I am not confident with the way I write. I don't even know if I do justice with these characters. Forgive me for more ambiguity and delusions. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three years ago when I started dating Ji Hyo secretly for a month. It wasn’t easy, but I tried my best to impress her and afterwards, I am that one lucky bastard who captured her heart. However, normal relationship has its ups and downs. Ji Hyo and I is not exempted to that rule.

The last time we’ve had an immense argument is when Ji Hyo is about to join the variety show in China called We Got Married. Ji Hyo doesn’t want to but I insist her to do it.

It was late October, 2015.

Ji Hyo: Kang Gary, how many times I will tell you.. I don’t want to be paired with some guys other than films. Except it's you, of course.

Me: Pabo, Ji Hyo ah~ you want to reveal our relationship? You know I can’t act as good as you. We need to be practical. The production is offering you a great fee.

Ji Hyo: Then do you want to watch me and Chen Oppa doing romantic things in public? Surely, I know how you will feel.

Me: It’s part of your job description anyway. I will understand. Besides I can recognize if it’s acting or not.

Ji Hyo: Don’t make me do this Oppa.

Me: You should.

Ji Hyo: No.

Me: You're a spoiled brat.

Ji Hyo: Then let me be.

Me: We need to succeed Ji Hyo. We need to work hard.

Ji Hyo: Is that the only thing in your mind now? How about my happiness? Your happiness?

Me: My happiness is when you achieved your dreams Ji Hyo ah.

Ji Hyo: But then you’re seeing it the wrong way Gary-ssi. You have one-sided love, mister.

Yes, we have struggles over our differences and flaws. She is an actress. I am a musician. There’s always jealousy and insecurities on both parties but we never let those things topple us. We fight then make up. At the end of the day, we try to become more understanding and accept each other. Even if it takes weeks.

Then not long ago, our first major argument this year happened when I had my private talk with Ji Hyo. I tell her my departure on the show. I explained my so-called reason to her. As I have expected, she shouted at my face. She repeatedly asked me if I am out of my mind. Calling me idiot and selfish like she wants to break up with me. I couldn’t blame her initial reaction though. Ji Hyo has her rights. As a gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter