Blood

Bulletproof

“What are your goals for the new year?”

“We wish to win a Daesang.”

“Oh, that’s a big wish! Do you think you can really do it?”

“If we work hard now, it’ll definitely be worth it in the future”

The seven boys bowed towards the interviewer and staff after shooting ended. They made their way out the doors and climbed into the van that have become so familiar to them. Their manager looked back at them from the driver’s seat using the rear view mirror and by the way the boys fell silent, he knew something was up. They can never stay quiet for more than two minutes when together, he knew from experience.

“Anything wrong?” he asked no one in particular. The boys who seemed lost in their own minds were jolted out of their reveries by his voice.

Instead of a clear answer, Jimin replied the male with a question himself. A question that was asked just a half hour ago, “What are your goals for the new year?”

Their manager was caught off guard by the sudden question but kept his focus on the road as he drove them to their next schedule, “My goals?” After taking a few seconds to ponder upon the question, he simply answered, “Goals are pretty dumb, don’t you think?”

The boys who he had watch grow from little teenagers looked up at him before he continued, “I don’t really have any goals for the year. As long as things go well, I’m pretty satisfied.”

With that, the eight of them settled into silence.

* * *

The next day, the internet blew up after the interview was aired. The boys had checked their social media accounts and saw a mixed reaction from everyone at their wishes.

“When was the last time a group from a small company won a Daesang again?”

“Aren’t you guys asking for too much?”

“I don’t think you guys deserve it, really.”

“Slow down there, you guys are still babies in this industry”

The negative comments got them thinking. Were they really asking for too much? Should they just work without setting goals for the team or without looking forward to success? They were a rather huge group already but what were they compared to their senior groups from bigger companies?

The ringing of a phone startled them. Namjoon fished his phone out of his pocket and answered it after taking a look at the caller. After a few okays and mindless nodding even though the caller couldn’t see them, he hung up and the boys exited their dorm to once again climb into the van as they do every day.

* * *

2, 3. Bang Tan. Hello everyone, we are Bangtan Sonyeondan.

We hope everyone stays warm in this chilly weather and don’t fall sick.

The seven males bowed towards the crowd of fans before taking their seats at the long table. The crew behind them started playing tracks from their album that was released just a month ago. The familiar melodies carried across the hall and fans sang along while in line for their turn to get their albums autographed by the boys.

The boys were afraid no one would come after the release of their interview yesterday. The attention they garnered was embarrassing, to say the least. Fans of other idol groups made fun of them and they thought that their own fans would eventually receive hate as they did and in the end they would attend a fan meeting of an empty hall. But the smiling faces of the crowd in front of them looked happy and proud of their boys as they clutched onto their albums. They couldn’t help but feel thankful for their fans. If it weren’t for them, they wouldn’t be where they were at now. They meant everything to them and they would always try their best to show their love and appreciation.

The first few fans ascended the stage and shyly greeted the males. A girl in a grey coat slid a post-it note towards V, her eyes darting around nervously as he took it from her. The words written on it brought warmth and he smiled at the girl, ruffling her hair in adoration as he kept the yellow note in his pocket. It was something he had to show the rest later on.

The fan meeting went by smoothly. Some fans were familiar to the boys, having attended other fan meetings previously and most were new faces, each one bringing words of encouragement for their boys and although it was snowing heavily outside, their hearts warmed at the sight of their fans. After a last photograph with the crowd, the boys said their goodbyes and exited the stage, the cold breeze making them wrap their arms around themselves.

After entering the van, they breathed sighs of relief, thankful for the van’s heating system. The boys started going off about the fan meeting, talking about the gifts fans had given them and the kind words they heard all afternoon.

V remembered the girl from earlier and pulled out the note from his pocket, immediately handing it to the others to read. “I think you guys should see this.”

The boys read the note together, their cheeks squishing against each other as V laughed at the sight. After they read it, smiles graced their features as the words did to V earlier. Slowly, each one of them, pulled out several post-it notes from their pockets, their smiles not once fading from their faces.

Yellow pieces of paper that would seem like trash to anyone else were passed around as each member read them in turn. Each one was worded differently but most of them held similar meanings. These were just simple words put together by their fans but they couldn’t help the grin that slowly grew on each of their faces.

“Daesang for BTS in 2016!”

“You guys can do it!”

“We’ll help you until the end”

“Forget the haters. They don’t understand how much you deserve the Daesang”

“We’ll be there for you no matter what they say.”

These weren’t just words from their fans. They were words from their second family in their most beautiful moment in life. It made them realise what was true all along; they could make it together. As a family.

 

-------------------------------------

 

A/N:

It's been more than a week since I updated, slap me. I was just busy with Christmas preparations and such and I know I'm late but Merry Christmas, everyone!

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying this fic so far. And if you did, please leave a comment and/or subscribe. I'd love to hear what you think!

Till next time-