Valentines day

All you need is 20 seconds

<3

===========

Finally the dreaded day came.

Today the two schools of woollim would be having a joint assembly.

Events like these were hard to come by and both woollim High and it's art academy were more than just excited.

Well, except a few heavy hearted soul like Miss Park Eunji.

 

Walking towards Woollim high with your other friends, you let out a frustrating sigh.

Even till this morning, the weight on your chest was killing you.

*W-woohyun ah... Will I able to see your smile today? Only your smile can cheer me up...*

Bowing your head in sadness, you fought the urge to cry.

"Eunji ah.., gwenchana? It's valentines day so cheer up okay?"

You nodded your head a forced a smile to convince your friend you were alright.

*I kind of miss seeing him and all but I guess he doesn't even think about me because, well, I don't mean anything to him do I....Ugh, I feel sick...* "Hey c'mon, let's go before we have to sit at the back."

You let your friends drag you to the hall.

As you made your way in, part of you was hoping not to bump into Woohyun while another part of you did.

*I'm angry at him but... Is there a reason for me to even be?*

The auditorium was already crowded with students from both schools and lots of chattering could be heard as the students interacted with their sibling schoolmates.

"Ah, This will give us a nice view. Here, you shall sit here."

The 3 of them pulled you to sit on the right hand side around the middle and unfortunately, you got the seat right at the end.

You sat there and sighed a long sigh.

"Hey, why the long face?" your friend studied your expression after she nudged you.

"Ah, it's nothing.." You smiled meekly.

"Cheer up! It's Valentines day!~ Keke" They giggled as they showed you a V sign.

*If only I could be as cheerful as you guys...*

you hung your head in disappointment.

 

"~Testing... And WELCOME ONE AND ALL~"

The emcee finally showed up on stage and soon the event started.

*This is gonna be a long day..*

 

On the other hand...

 

Woohyun's POV

Today had arrived quicker than I thought.

As Infinite walked in to the rather crowded hall, we made our way across the hoards of giggling girls and to our usual seats and the front of the stage.

My heart was thumping rather fast and hardly and thoughts of Eunji clouded my mind.

*I wonder if she's here already..*

"Hey, don't worry okay? Relax" Dongwoo tried to calm me down.

 

Finally, we took our seats and the celebration started.

everyone was enjoy the celebration.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were laughing and smiling away while Sunggyu was singing along.

Everyone was having fun.

Eeryone except me..

The celebration passed in a daze and soon it was the last segment of the event.

 

."Woohyun ah, 20 seonds. That's all. " Sunggyu Hyung advised.

*20 seconds..*

"Hyung, You can do it~ Hwaiting!~" Sungjong cheered cutely.

 

"Okay, so with that we ha-"

"Wait!"

I called out, raising my hand.

Without thinking any further, I rushed up to the stage and grabbed the Microphone from the emcee.

"Uh I know this is weird but I really have to get this off my chest today. .

I stopped and scanned the auditorium  from where I was. A smile slowly formed as I spotted her at the side looking down on the floor. "There's this girl," I started, causing quite a stir, "I met under unexpected circumstances. She didn't know my true identity but still she was willing to be my friend. Even when I don't answer, she would just stay by my side. She knows my heart the best and doesn't befriend me for my status. This girl, is special to me." Thoughts about my time with her flashed through my mind as I blurted out my heart.  To tell you the truth, everything I said was totally unplanned.  Everything came directly from the heart. "Park Eunji, that girl is you. You may not know this but when you're with me, I feel relaxed. Your mere Existence beside me is enough. I find myself missing you, waiting for you every other day when you're not there. I look forward to see you and for your cute sandwiches and I don't think I can err live without you anymore." "10 seconds!" Hoya called out. Nodding, I quickly jumped off the stage and sprinted back to my seat to retrieve the bouquet from under my chair. Running towards her, I knelt down and looked at her in the eye. Mummurs filled the hall of shocked students and staff. She kept breaking my eye contact, I could see she was shocked. But shocked as she was, I have to do it by today.

"I know I'm not the best for you but believe in me, I love you with all my heart."

"4 seconds!" Sunggyu shouted while running over to Woohyun, holding the mic out to him.

"So, before time runs out, Park Eunji, will you be my girlfriend?..."

END OF POV

 

"Will you be my girlfriend?.."

You were totally stunned by the sudden confession especially in front of the whole school and from a kingka some more.

You were overjoyed, confused, in doubt, touched, basically everything. You know what's coming next but you have no idea whether should you accept it or not.

It was a dream come true but should you be happy or sad about it?.

Sunggyu suddenly took the mic and said, "Say yes, say yes~" 

Seeing this, Infinite stood up and joined in while clapping.

"SAY YES!~ SAY YES!~" Your friends beside you started cheering along and soon, the entire hall was joining in.

Laughing a little at Woohyun's dorkiness, you nodded your head in agreement.

"YES!!~ EUNJI AH~" 

Woohyun immediately stood up and grabbed you by the waist.

"SARANGHAE PARK EUNJI!~" 

Clinging on to Woohyun, you slowly lean in for a kiss.

*Nado Saranghae Woohyunnie~*

 

In the end, all it took was 20 seconds, 20 seconds of insane & embarrasing courage to make this girl his & never has he regret it.

THE END.

 

-------------

Yay!

Happy V day to everyone.

May you spend it with your loved ones, be it your partner, friends or even your pet.

Those singles, fret not.

Maybe you'll get a date today. Who knows.

If not, 20 seconds, thats all you need.

A simple confession will do the trick.

( I sound like a poet in the last 2 lines )