LE.2

Loose End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She shoves another mouthful of popcorn in as she continues to watch the show the ballerina has picked a while ago. It will probably end any minute now, it would be a waste not to finish it, she figures. She tries her best to keep her eyes on the tv but the person beside her seems to be much more interesting than what she’s trying to watch.


She glances on her side to check on her friend that just got home. As if she has no control over her own body, her eyes refused to leave the sight of the girl beside her. With mouth slightly open, eye brows a little bit scrunched, she traces every tiny detail she can look at. It’s been years since they’ve known each other, but it remains a wonder how she never manages to get tired of looking at her friend’s face.

She noticed the soft snores coming from Jeongyeon so she reaches for the remote, turning down the volume of the tv. This made Jeongyeon’s scrunched eye brows return back to normal, and it made the older girl feel proud that she at least managed to do something right.


The ballerina is probably asleep now, she thinks. She looks at their bedroom door, and tried to recall the scenes that transpired in front of her just a while ago. At least Mina got to talk to her cub before sleeping, and this made Nayeon really glad inside. It’s not easy dealing with what Mina is feeling right now, and Nayeon’s just glad that at least she can understand the Japanese girl, maybe a lot better than anyone else. She was cut off on her thoughts when she felt the body beside her move. She quietly and carefully looks beside her only to be greeted by the human ostrich yawning, and rubbing her still red eyes. Cute, she thinks.


“You’re still eating in the middle of the night? No wonder your face always looks bloated in the morning.” Jeongyeon starts with her banter.


It amazes her how the younger girl can manage to already start with all her teasing when she just woke up. Since it’s already in the middle of the night, Nayeon just lets it slide. She simply gives her friend an un-amused look. She’s tired, Nayeon thinks, an excuse she repeats on her head.


They’ve been very good at this, bickering like an old married couple. It’s probably their own way of showing their affection for each other, a trademark that is only a “Nayeon-Jeongyeon” thing. But tonight, Nayeon feels a bit too tired of all that. She wanted a break from the norm and decided to be nice to the younger girl, just this once. She just wanted to try and see if it would work, her and Jeongyeon. She has always wondered if there is a version of them not bickering and trying to piss each other off, and she wonders if this version of them is possible, maybe this version would fit them better. She wonders if it would at least make them feel a bit different, a feeling that can maybe finally lead them to something more than just being friends.


“I’m gonna get something to drink. Do you want some?” Nayeon starts off subtly. She doesn’t want the younger one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter