Mingyu's Photos

Tales from the Coffee Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi, can I get a Venti Holiday Spice Flat White?” Mingyu said to the barista, Seungkwan. Seungkwan hummed, “Alright, what’s your name?” Mingyu smiled, “My name is Mingyu, but you can call me later.” Seungkwan rolled his eyes and wrote on the cup before handing it to a laughing Jeonghan. Mingyu paid for his drink then his friend, Hansol ordered, “Hey Seungkwan, can I get a Grande Eggnog Latte?” Seungkwan nodded, “Alright.” Hansol paid for his drink and went to go stand next to Mingyu and wait for his drink.

Jeonghan walked over, “Venti Holiday Spice White Flat for Later!” Mingyu blushed and Hansol laughed, “That’s why you don’t try to hit on the baristas.” Right after he finished his sentence Jeonghan said, “Grande Eggnog Latte for Joshua’s Stalker!” Hansol chocked and Mingyu laughed. Jihoon then said, “You’re both gross, now go talk over there; I’m trying to work here.” Hansol and Mingyu walked over to a table. “So is this why you always come to this coffee shop, it’s full of cute boys?” Hansol laughed, “Well that’s part of it, but they also have a good atmosphere, good music, and sometimes Jihoon over there plays his guitar.”

Hansol looked towards to counter where he could now see Joshua, “But you know that barista Joshua is really a plus.” The door opened and Wonwoo walked through, “Hello Seungkwan, where is my lovely boyfriend?” Seokmin heard the voice and came running out of the back, “Right here, Jagia!” Wonwoo smiled as Seokmin pushed Seungkwan to the side to talk to his boyfriend. Seungkwan walked over to Jeonghan. “So what do you recommend for me today, babe?” Wonwoo said and Seokmin said, “Today I think you should try our Eggnog Latte.” Wonwoo smiled, “That sounds amazing I’ll have a Venti of that.” Seokmin smiled, “Sure thing, babe.” Seokmin gave Wonwoo his discount and told him it’ll be ready in a minute.”

Wonwoo saw Mingyu and Hansol and said, “Oh hey guys, what’s up, didn’t know you came here Mingyu.” Hansol laughed, “I told him to come here with me today, said he might like it. First thing he did was trying to hit on Seungkwan.” Wonwoo laughed, “What did he write on your cup?” Mingyu showed him his cup that read, “Later”. Wonwoo laughed, “Ah, Hansol, you should have warned him about Seungkwan.” Mingyu groaned and then Jeonghan called out, “Venti Eggnog Latte for Jagia!” Wonwoo smiled and went to grab his coffee. Jeonghan handed it to him and said, “You two are sickly sweet. One of these days I’m going to get sick.” Wonwoo laughed, “Come on, Jeonghan-hyung, doesn’t it brighten your day to see young love?” Jeonghan rolled his eyes, “Shut up and go talk to those crusty kids over there.” Wonwoo laughed and headed back towards the two.

Seungkwan looked at Seokmin, “You’re boyfriend is friends with those too grease balls?” Seokmin laughed, “They’re not that bad, Seungkwan. Hansol is actually really nice; he just thinks Joshua is really pretty. Now Mingyu is gross, but he means well.” Jeonghan laughed, “Yeah, you’d probably get along with Hansol if you actually talked to him instead of judging him for coming here to stare at Joshua.” Joshua then came over, “And can you stop calling him my stalker, he’s actually really cute and one of these days you’re going to scare him away.” Seokmin laughed, “Yeah Joshua works hard to draw all those hearts on that boy’s cups for you to scare him away with your iness.”

Seungkwan scoffed, “I didn’t ask to be attacked like this. If I wanted that I’d go talk to Jihoon.” Jihoon then spoke up, “I’m over here if you need me, ready to attack any of you greasy ers.” Seungcheol ran out from the back, “I heard the angel’s voice.” Jeonghan looked over to the short male working on his computer, “Jihoon he came out of the back again.” Jihoon sighed and got up, “Listen, Seungcheol, I appreciate the free coffee, but it’s hard to work when you’re staring at me. What will it take to get you to stop staring at me every day I come here?” Seungcheol smiled, “You could let me take you on a date.” Jihoon rolled his eyes, “No offense but for quite a few reasons I don’t want to spend an extended amount of alone with you, even if it’s in public.”

Jeonghan smirked and leaned besides Seungcheol, “What if we made it a double date, Chan and I can come along?” Jihoon thought for a second, “Fine, one date.” Seungcheol yelled, “Did you hear that guys? He agreed to go on a date with me!” Minghao came out of the back, “Yeah, to get you to stop staring at him all day like a freak.” Seungcheol pouted and Jihoon went to go continue his work.

Wonwoo looked at Hansol, “So have you read any good books lately, Hansol?” Hansol smiles really big, “Actually I have, it’s called Demian and it’s really good. I saw a lot of people talking about it on social media because a kpop group’s concept was based around the book, BTS I think, but anyways, I bought a copy and it was really good.” Wonwoo smiled, “I’ll have to read it. You know, Joshua really likes to read, why don’t you go suggest it to him?” Hansol smiled, “Really, do you think he’ll like it?” Wonwoo laughed, “I’m sure if you recommended it to him he’d read it.” Hansol ran over to the counter where all the baristas where talking.

“Joshua-hyung,” Hansol said and Joshua smiled at him, “Yes, Hansol-ah?” Hansol heard Joshua’s voice and thought he sounded like the angel he was. “Wonwoo-hyung told me you like to read.” Joshua chuckled, “That I do, but I don’t currently have a book to read. Do you have any suggestions?” Hansol grinned really big, “Yeah, I just finished reading this book called Demian and it’s a really good book, it’s not too long either.” Joshua leaned on the counter towards Hansol, “If you liked it then it must be good, Mr. Literature Major. Do you have a copy I could borrow?” Hansol blushed, “I have a copy, but it’s in English. I heard the translation was better.” Joshua laughed, “Well lucky for me, English just so happens to be my first language.” Hansol beamed, “Really? That’s great; I have it in my backpack! Let me go get it for you!” Hansol ran towards where he had left his bag with Wonwoo and Mingyu, tripping over himself on the way, causing Joshua to laugh at how cute he was.

Seungkwan walked over to Joshua, “He seems really stupid.” Joshua rolled his eyes, “Shut up, Seungkwan, I think he’s really cute.” Jeonghan laughed, “Yeah, look how excited he is that he can let his crush borrow his book. I bet he’s really proud of himself.” Seokmin laughed, “I told Wonwoo that he should help Hansol out, because damn is that boy struggling.” Then Minghao said from behind them, “At least he’s not as bad as Seungcheol.” They all laughed and heard Seungcheol yell, “Hey!” from the back.

Hansol came running back still tripping over himself like an over excited puppy, “I hope you don’t mind it’s paperback, I’m not a fan of hard covers.” Joshua smiled sweetly, “Paperback is perfect.” Hansol just beamed at the older boy. Then Seungkwan had to ruin their cute moment, “I think I’m going to vomit. This is almost worse than Seokmin and Wonwoo.” Hansol blushed really hard, “Well I hope you like it, Joshua-hyung. Tell me what you think when you’re done with it.” Then he runs over to Wonwoo and Mingyu again. Joshua turns and glares at Seungkwan, “You little bitter . You know it literally cost all of zero won to stay in your lane.” Minghao put a hand on Seungkwan’s shoulder, “Come on Seungkwan, do you know how much courage it must have taken Hansol to do that? He’s been coming here since the beginning of you freshman year last year and just three months ago started talking to Joshua.” Seungkwan groaned, “I see, I’m the bad guy here.” Jihoon then spoke up, “Yeah, Seungkwan that was kind of a y move, like I would understand if they were dating, but that was just uncalled for.” Seungcheol came out from the back, “Yeah, Seungkwan, what’s got you like this today. Like Minghao and Jeonghan are one thing, but what you’ve been doing lately is upsetting everyone.”

Seungkwan looked at the clock, “Oh look, my shift is over. I will see you all tomorrow where you can attack me while I’m on the clock.” Seungcheol sighed as Seungkwan walked towards to back to leave. He looked at the others, “What do you guys think got him acting like this?” Jeonghan shrugged, “He was fine until Mingyu and Hansol came in.” Then Joshua said, “Maybe it was Mingyu hitting on him.” Seokmin nodded, “Yeah, he hasn’t dated anyone since Aeyoung broke up with him this summer.” As this was said Soonyoung walked into the shop, “Why did Seungkwan look like someone told him he was fat?”

Seungcheol groaned, “He’s been y since Mingyu hit on him today.” Soonyoung rolled his eyes, “Good going, Mingyu!” Mingyu looked from the back where he was with Hansol and Wonwoo. “What did I do this time?” Soonyoung walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, “You upset Seungkwan.” Mingyu groaned, “All I did was try and flirt with him because he’s really pretty. I didn’t mean to upset him.” Now Mingyu looked like a kicked dog and everyone looked at him sadly, except Jihoon, he couldn’t care less. Jeonghan came out from behind the counter, “Mingyu-ah, it’s okay, Seungkwan is just really sensitive. His girlfriend of two years broke up with him this summer.” Mingyu coughed, “Wait, he’s straight?” Jeonghan laughed, “Oh hell no, he’s an aggressive biual.” Everyone nodded, “I see, so I just upset him because he’s no over his ex?”

Minghao came out from around the back as well, “Oh no, he hates her. He put his all into that relationship and when she broke up with him she made it seem like he meant nothing to her. She was like, ‘It was fun, but I’m changing Universities and I won’t be able to see you often. I don’t want a long distance relationship because it’s too much work. Bye, Seungkwan.’ He cried for a long time, but then he was like, ‘ her; I’m too good for her anyways. I am a strong independent ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter