Final

Welcome to the family.

“Lina what should I wear? Oh My God baby, what if he judges what I wear? And what if he knows about Taeyeon?”

It was safe to say that the world popular K-Pop artist was about to kneel down and have a mental breakdown soon. Byun Baekhyun was about to cry to his girlfriend, Kim Lina over the phone. Why you ask? Well let’s just say that he was going to meet his future father-in-law today.

“Baek, My father is not like that. Trust me. Just wear something you like and please Baek Don’t be nervous like this. You are making me nervous too.” Lina was desperately trying to calm her boyfriend but was losing her patience with his childishly whining.

The day was important for the both of them and they knew it but Baekhyun being a different nationality and being famous made them a bit nervous. Rather than Lina it was Baekhyun who doubted things.

“For the love of EXO, Baekhyun just wear the ing suit I told you earlier. And you better not be late.”

Huffing Baekhyun agreed, “Okay baby girl, I’ll be there in an hour ok? Love you.”

Laying out the suit Lina picked for him Baekhyun made a face at it. A white and red shirt with white pants.

“I look like a high school student.” Clicking his tongue Baekhyun rummaged through this suitcase and picked out another outfit. Smirking to himself he quickly put on his new outfit, A pair of black dress pants and his black shirt that had small sequin details on its collar.

Looking at himself in the mirror in his hotel room baekhyun grabbed the bouquet  of roses he picked earlier. And with a fighting to himself he left the hotel room.

Unknown to Baekhyun Lina was getting ready for the dinner too. Great minds think alike they say. And as if to prove that Lina was dressing herself in black.

“Baek would be wearing white and when he sees me wearing black he will gape for sure. I mean he is thinking that I am wearing a white dress.” Lina was smiling to herself while she got dressed in her knee length fully flared dress with an opened back.

The night was going to be interesting…….

“Galina, open the door!” Lina’s mother was in the kitchen preparing the last bits of dinner while her father stood in the living room waiting for Baekhyun. Lina rushed down the hall and opened the door expecting to see an innocent looking baek but came face to face with a matured looking baek that screamed confidence. The two of them stared at each other from head to toe and burst out laughing having caught onto each other’s plans.

“you look gorgeous Babe.” Baek kissed his girlfriend on her cheek and handed the bouquet keeping a single flower in his hands.

“not too bad yourself Mr. Byun.” Lina led her boyfriend into the house and met with her mother.

“Mother, this is Baekhyun, my boyfriend. And Baek, this is my mom.” Lina stepped aside.

Baekhyun took out the flower he kept and handed it to Mrs. Kim. “nice to meet you Mrs. Grigorova. I now know where Lina got her beauty from.”

Lina scoffed at Baekhyun already a bit annoyed at his cheesy words. But everything turned silent when Mr. Kim cleared his throat from the door way.

Before Lina could speak up Baekhyun walked over with confidence, surprising Lina.

“Good evening Mr. Kim. I am Byun Baekhyun, your daughter’s Boyfriend.” And extending a hand he smiled at Lina’s father.

Mr. Kim looked upon this young man who looked very well masculine and polite and shook his outstretched hand with a firm shake.

“Welcome Baekhyun, Please have a seat.” And turning to his wife and daughter, “ Love, please bring Baekhyun something warm to drink. Lina go help your mother.”

With a silent gulp Baekhyun sat in front of Mr. Kim.

“So Baekhyun, how was the flight? Was it good?”

“Ah not the most pleasant, but it was good Sir.”

Right on cue, Lina came in with two steaming mugs of what appeared to be hot chocolate. After handing a mug to her father Lina handed the other to Baekhyun with a slight smile.

“Lina sit down.” Oh no…….

“So Baekhyun, how long have you known my daughter.” Here comes the questions, Lina fidgeted with the belt on her dress.

“six years to be exact. I met her at a concert of ours.” Unconsciously baekhyun looked at Lina fondly smiling at the memory of their first meet.

“Ah I see, and you are an Idol she says?” Mr. Kim looked over at Lina who was now blushing a light shade of pink.

“yes I am, I’m in a band called EXO from Korea.”

“I know that very well, have been hearing it for almost 8 years now.” Mr. Kim laughed good naturedly making the atmosphere a bit more light.

“So Lina he is here. What do you have to say now?” Mr. Kim looked at his oldest child fidgeting in her seat. And when he didn’t get a reply back he laughed and hugged Lina to his side.

“My daughter is grownup almost 23. How I miss when she was young.”

Baekhyun smiled fondly at the father-daughter moment.

“well Baekhyun tell me more about your future plans.”

Straightening himself in his seat baekhyun cleared his throat.

“I just got back from my military training last year and have been working with my band mates since the. I do have my plans in doing my solo career. And as of my private life I will be 28 years soon. I already have an apartment that I am living in but I do have plans in living somewhere out of the city once I’m settled in.”

at his last part he gazed over at Lina and smiled at her. Mr. Kim saw that but pretended he didn’t.

“tell me Baekhyun, are you financially stable to start a family?”

Smiling confidently Baekhyun answered simply with a ,” Yes sir.”

“very well then I have one more question to ask you, why Lina? Out of every one you could find given your status, why my daughter.”

As if he was ready his whole life to answer the question Baekhyun smiled and fixed his eyes on Mr. Kim.

“With all due respect Sir, your daughter is by far the prettiest and the smartest girl I have met. Not only in her academics but her social skills are beyond ordinary. Having been with her for six years, I felt as if no one was perfect for me as her. I am sorry to bring this up sir, but my ex was a singer. Thinking that me and her would work was a horrible idea of mine. Your daughter explained to me later on that similarities can be troublesome and opposites can fit into each other better. And she was right. She is the exact opposite of me. and she fit perfectly in my life. I have come here all the way from, in seek of permission. I know this is late, but I would really wish to make your daughter mine if I have your  blessings.”

Mrs. Kim who was listening to all this came from the kitchen and sat next to Baekhyun and took his hand in hers.

“You have my blessings son, I can see that you two love each other and my daughter is happy with you and that is all I need. No matter what my husband says I will give you both my blessings.”

The feeling of relief washed over the both lovers as the mother gave each of them a hug and a kiss.

“alright now come along, let’s eat and let my husband think.”

With an almost perfect dinner coming to an end Baekhyun was feeling jittery.

“Baekhyun can I have a word with you?”

Walking into the study room with Mr.Kim baekhyun broke into a cold sweat.

“Baekhyun do you promise to make my daughter hapy? Do you promise to look after her through your life? Do you promise to treat her right?”

Swallowing thickly Baekhyun nodded, “I promise with my heart Sir, you can count on me.”

Extending a hand to Baekhyun, “I give my blessings Baekhyun, I trust you with my daughter. Please don’t break this trust young man.” With  a firm tug Mr. Kim pulled Baekhyun into a hug and patted him in a fatherly figure.

“welcome to the family son.”