Chapter 1

Princess Hours

I scanned my competitions's faces with my eyes, holding my breath as I stood still with body position in place. I was ready to strike at any moment, but I had to make sure the timing was perfect. Beads of cold sweat ran down my face. The atmosphere was intense. 

My competition was no joke. These girls were trained all their lives for this moment, I was dealing with professionals right now. 

As we all stared at each other, each one of us hesitant to make the first move, I decided that it was time for me to strike. 

I grabbed my chopsticks from the table as fast as lightning and my hands towards the plate. I twisted my fingers professionally and grabbed the last piece of kimbap with the chopsticks before stuffing it into my mouth. 

"Ha! I won!" I squealed as I chewed the delicious kimbap in my mouth before swallowing it cheerfully. "Ughhh," the other girls grumbled as they threw their chopsticks back on the table grumpily. 

"This isn't fair, I only ate 3 pieces while you ate 10!" Seulgi exclaimed as she folded her arms and looked at me in annoyance. "Well at least you ate something, I didn't even get to eat a single piece!" Yoo Jung said as she sank back into her chair in despair. 

"You snooze you lose ladies," I teased as I shoved my faces towards them while poking a tongue out.

"Yah Yoo Hana, you know you're only gonna be fatter right?" Jisoo said as she placed the book she was reading down on the table before shaking her head at me like as she was looking at an immature child. 

"I know~" I winked at her as I danced happily and the other two girls just whined in discontentment. 

Jisoo, Seulgi and Yoo Jung were my best friends in high school. All of us studied art in our high school mostly because we either wanted to be painters or designers when we grew up, but also because we were dumb and we couldn't get into the science courses. 

Although, Jisoo was an exception because her grades were higher than most students in our school but she chose to study art because that's what she wanted to do as an occupation when she grew up. She said she wanted to become an art museum archivist or something, whatever that means. Honestly I thought an archivist was just a name for some type of luxurious dish or something. 

"Hey by the way, did you hear the Crown Prince is transferring to our school today?" Yoo Jung squealed in excitement which led to Seulgi screaming in excitement too. Both of them jumped around in excitement except for me and Jisoo. 

"Who cares? In the end he's just another human being just like us and I hate the whole ' I'm a prince so I'm better than everyone ' thing. Honestly, I could care less," Jisoo said as she continued to read her book and the two girls just rolled their eyes at her. 

"Whatever, he's hot and that's all it matters," Seulgi said before smiling like an idiot with Yoo Jung. 

"Jisoo's right though, I don't really care too. I didn't even know he was transferring to our school today," I said as I tried to play it cool too. 

"Yoo Hana, you really don't care?" Seulgi and Yoo Jung asked in shock and I nodded my head. "Of course I don't care. Besides, flower boys aren't my thing. I'm not really into looks unlike you two shallow human beings. Just for your information, looks aren't everything and I prefer looking at character more," I said confidently as I pretended not to care about the Prince coming to our school. 

Seulgi and Yoo Jung stared at each other for a second before smirking at me with their eyebrows raised. "Ouhhh, we didn't know our Hana was so humble. You're so cool!" they complimented me and I raised my head in confidence. 

However the truth is, it was all a lie. 

Just yesterday I was jumping on my bed, squealing like a fan girl, after reading the article about the Crown Prince transferring to our school. I even went as far as imagining a scenario where I would 'coincidentally' bump into him at the hallway and pretend like I didn't know him. 

I would say, "Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't even see you there. I'm Hana, what's your name?",

     and he would go, "You really don't know who I am? Wow... You're the first girl I've ever met who don't know who I am... That's so refreshing... Would you be my girlfriend?",

     and then I would go, "Oh my... of course...", and we would live happily ever after.

As I started to imagine the scenario again, I didn't realize I was drooling away with my pencil case in hands. 

"Yah, Yoo Hana! Snap out of it, what are you dreaming about?" Jisoo snapped her fingers at me as she stared at me like I was retarded. "Huh? Oh nothing... We better get to class now, lunch is almost over," I said quickly as I tried to change the topic and the girls just stared at me weirdly. 

Just then the bell rang which indicates that we should already be in the class by now. 

"Oh ! We're so late!" the girls stood up from their seats and we all ran back to our classes.