Mannequin

Intertwined

Based on the prompt "one time at h&m I thought a guy was a mannequin so I started feeling the material of his coat and I screamed when he moved and we were both really freaked out"

 

Taehyung's POV (20 years old)

Its been awhile since I was left shopping on my own.. I don't know what to do now... ugh this is all Jimin's fault!!!!! I wouldn't have agreed to leave the dorm if I knew he was gonna abandon me for his boyfriend.

 

Flashback

"KIM TAEHYUNG GET YOUR OFF THAT BED YOU'VE BEEN ROTTING HERE FOR WEEKS TIME TO GET OUT FOR SOME FRESH AIR!!!" Park Jimin's shrilly voice rang through my head and I pulled the pillow over my head to block it out.

"Noo I wanna sleep moree exams are over just let me relax" I groaned to myself. It was literally just the start of my winter break and I did not feel like leaving my room at all. Okay maybeee it has been a few weeks since break started but what's wrong with staying indoors? Too much UV light can give you skin cancer.

Sigh if only I could spend all of my days re-watching the whole of One Piece.. YOHOHOHOHOHO and maybe invite Jin-hyung over to watch it with me.

Silence.

Jimin...? Where did he g---

"AHH!!!!" I let out a shout as my legs were grabbed and I was roughly pulled out of the comforts of my bedsheets. Minnie stared at me with an eyebrow cocked up and his hands on his waist.

I pouted, rubbing my that had hit the floor when I landed. 

"Okay okay I'll come" I sighed, picking myself up to get a change of clothes. 

 

And that is how I ended up here in a random department store, awkwardly floating around, not knowing what to do. Jimin spotted his boyfriend Yoongi working at a sports shop upstairs and I managed to stay for about 30 minutes before their actions had me gagging. I did not come out to see my bestfriend flirt and make out with his boyfriend.

Where should I go now? H&M? I heard its a shop that sells cool stuff, not that I would know of seeing as I barely leave the dorm nowadays. Might as well get some new clothes while I'm outside right. Not a bad idea, I shrugged to myself. 

Shopping by myself is pretty fun, besides the weird looks that the store assistants keep giving me. I took a pair of red sunglasses off the rack to try on. Hey good looking! I wiggled my eyebrows and giggled, laughing at how ridiculous I looked in the mirror. 

"What is that guy doing over there?" I heard whispers around me and hastily shoved the sunglasses back to their rightful position. Nobody saw that.

"Erhum" I coughed in embarrassment, moving on to find something else to try.. Oh this blazer looks pretty good, maybe I should consider getting one for formal events.. Its a deep navy blue that looked absolutely warm and snuggly. What material is this? It's so comfy hehe.. velvet maybe?

I the sleeve of the blazer in awe, my fingertips brushing over the muscles bulging beneathe the fabric. Wait... were mannequins supposed to feel so real??? I let my hand travel further to the back of the mannequin, thinking of how well-made it was, when suddenly it turned---

I let out a yelp, falling back in surprise. The mannequin jumped forward to catch me, his hands circling around my waist to support me. I felt my face flush red. 

"I-- Uh-- Your shirt feels really good!!!" I exclaimed before I could stop myself.

 

Jungkook's POV (19 years old)

Remind me why I am here again. Oh right. To help Namjoon-hyung buy a tie for our job interview because he tore all his previous ones. I sighed, thinking of all the times he wrecked havoc in the dorm. What did I do to deserve such a roommate. I don't even understand how he destroys everything in his grasp. It's like all he has to do is touch the object and BAM! Gone.

I felt something tug at my sleeves, interrupting my train of thoughts. Wait what was I doing? I need to get a tie.. Hmm which one looks the strongest, like it wouldn't break even if godzilla stomped on it-- wait.. is someone touching my back?? What the hell.

I turned around only to find a tall brunette right behind me, and by that I mean reallyyy close to me. So close I could count the number of lashes he had, and boy were they long. I felt my breath hitch.

He tumbled back in surprise with a yelp and instinctively, I reached forward to catch him. It is times like these when I am glad I work out. Or we would both be flailing on the ground right now. 

We stared at each other for a few seconds and I could feel myself freaking out internally. I gulped. How did we get into this situation?! 

"I-- Uh--" his face was flushed red, wide eyes looking around in panic and mouth gaping as he tried to come up with some kind of explaination for his strange behaviour. Cute.

"Your shirt feels really good!!!" he came to a conclusion before covering his mouth like he made a mistake. Really? Was that the best excuse he could come up with for touching me?

I smirked at him, saying the first thing that came to my mind.

"It's velvet."

His face lights up, "I KNEW IT!!" I chuckled and he lightened up visibly when I reacted to his outburst. 

"I think you can let me go now", he poked shyly at my arms. Oh, didn't realise that I was still holding him. Oops. I let go sheepishly and helped him up. Now that he's standing straight, I realised he was pretty tall, maybe a littleee taller than me. Not that I would admit it to him.

"Anyway, I'm really sorry I disturbed you! Don't laugh but... I thought you were a mannequin.." he apologised sincerely. I held back my laughter, me? A mannequin?? That's the first time I've ever been called one. Then again, how often does this happen. He must have sensed my doubt because he tried to explain himself immediately.

 "No its only cause you're wearing such a nice suit and you're pretty tall and your body's pretty sturdy like you could totally be a mannequin you know or a model either way you would probably succeed..." he rambled, trying to justify his actions with a slight pout on his face.

"So you think my body's nice?" I smirked at him again, pleased to see him flustered, as if I caught him red-handed. 

"Hahaha I'm just kidding. It's okay, nothing big." I flashed a smile to put him at ease. He grinned back in response, showing off his boxy smile. 

"What's your name?" he asked, dusting himself off.

"Jeon Jungkook." I put out my hand for a handshake and he took it, shaking it enthusiastically.

"Hehe I'm Taehyung! Kim Taehyung. It's nice to meet you!" he replied bubbly. His friendliness makes me wonder if this was all set up so he could introduce himself to me. Nah he looks too innocent to have any motives. 

BZZZT!! BZZZT!!! I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. NamJoon-hyung. Oh .

"I'm sorry to break this conversation but I just remembered something really important! I gotta go." I grabbed the nearest tie, rushing off to the counter. Any longer and I would be late for the interview.

"BYE JUNGKOOK!! SEE YOU AROUND!" I heard his deep voice from across the store where we were talking. I turned back to see him waving animatedly, and I felt a smile forming as I waved back. 

I hope I see him around too.

 

 

 

 

Authors note:

So here is the intro chapter, written and inspired by this post: http://thedailylaughs.tumblr.com/post/101394931513/vampirevvekend-one-time-at-hm-i-thought-a-guy 

It's my first time writing a BTS fic so I would love to see some comments on how I did xD It's okay to critique as well because I'm a relatively new fan and there might be somethings about the members which I do not know as well :x I hope you enjoyed the short story!! Thank you for reading and do subscribe :)!!