The Basics in Photo Editing

♔ Digital Designs: The Poster and Trailer Tutorial ♔

 

Hihi =) Welcome to Digital Design's first chapter! Today, we'll be teaching you where you can find resources, what is suitable for what and much more. Of course, you need a good software to create a graphic. I would recommend Photoshop and GIMP. You can download them either from YouTube's tutorials, or from their official website. 

Let's continue by telling you where resources are from. I would certainly say DeviantArt is one of the best resource finding centre. DevaintArt have fonts, textures, backgrounds and PNGs which you need in future when you embark on your graphic making journey. Just go to > http://www.deviantart.com/ > catergory > resources & stock images. 

Textures > if you are in need of textures, when you arrive at resources and stock images, go to textures and download them. Most of them will normally be in a ZIP or RAR file, if it is in those files, you need to have WinRAR to extract everything that are locked in the folders. Go to Google and search WinRAR Download, there will certainly be one that you can download.

Fonts > if you are in need of fonts to download, go to the fonts section. There are hundreds of different styles of fonts for you to download. From cute to happy, happy to sad, and much more. Scan through the sections and explore around the website, create an account if it's needed. 

Ever seen those colouring PSD files, where they drag the colouring files into a poster and changes the whole mood? If you need them, go to > http://yeahresources.tumblr.com. There are tons of colouring files for you to choose, pick and download. If you don't like the ones you see, you can create one yourself! We will teach your how to do one yourself, in the future chapters. 

Let's go to the pictures you choose. For pictures that have plain background like this:

are extremely perfect for cutting using the polygonal lasso tool. 

For pictures which have very colourful background like this:

are perfect for blending.

Always choose the correct pictures. If the character is smiling, it doesn't mean that it have to certainly be in a happy poster. It can also be in a sad romance poster. As long as the pictures suit the mood, it will be okay. Let's stop here! For the next chapter, we will start with tutorials! Aren't you excited? =)

 

-xJijix-