Back Home?

The Last Song

 

Nov 2, 2026

"And the next Grammy award for the Best Artist of the Year goes to... The most anticipated... The most popular International Star... The one and only... JEON JUNGKOOK."

All spotlights turn toward him. All cameras capture his every movement as he walks up the stage amid the wild applause from the audience.

With a big smile, he accepts the award in one hand and a mic in the other.

"Thank You. Thank You so much Arm-" He stops for a while before continuing, "I thank all my fans, my family, my staff members and all my producers. Without them, I would not have been where I am right now. Once again, thank you so much."

He hands over the mic but this time, he doesn't bow. He hugs instead and leaves the stage silently.

_____________

He tosses the so-called-legendary Grammy trophy on the bed as he unties his tie with the other hand. He turns toward the desk and presses the telephone button to listen to all the voicemails as if it was a daily routine.
He slumps on the bed with a tired look on his face as he listens to the voice mail playing in the background.
"Jungkook, your dad is sick. And I mean, really sick.
I am so afraid. Please come to Seoul ASAP. He needs you."
Jungkook gets up instantly as he practically runs toward the answering machine to listen to it again. The next thing you know, he books the aeroplane tickets and quickly packs his luggage as he makes a move to the airport.