With a cherry on top

Twisted

[!!!] Unbeta'd. Sorry for the errors^^

 

***

'Lastly... very happy birthday, my friend.'

 

Hoseok sighed as he continued scrolling through Twitter. Yeah sure, he must find another thing to focus on, it's not like he could get a goodnight sleep while thinking about Minhyuk and Hyungwon's relationship

 

'I really hope that we'll be as close as we are now and know more from each other and stay much longer times with you.'

 

A friend?  Hoseok snickered, What kind of friend would want to be the last one to greet you on your birthday and it seemed like they're inseparable and that they want to be together forever? Friend my . He thought.

 

 

He stared at the ceiling as he wondered how Hyungwon is doing today, he tried diverting his mind into something else, and even tried rolling on the bed and shifting into different positions but nothing seemed to be quite comfortable for him to easily fall asleep today. Once again, he sighed as Hyungwon's birthday greeting for Minhyuk automatically played on his head.

 

He just stayed there for a few minutes, just blankly staring at what seemed to be an empty space, Hyungwon's words to Minhyuk echoing in his head even though he never heard him say that personally, well maybe he is crazy, crazy for a certain someone who abandoned him months ago...

 

When Hoseok finally thought that he wouldn't be able to get any sleep tonight, he sighed for the nth time today and slipped on a sweater he got from his closet as he settled to stroll on the empty and lonely street.

 

Once he started walking and breathed fresh air, he couldn't think of nothing but the wonderful and cold breeze of the night and he can't help but to suddenly remember Chae Hyungwon-- the cold yet wonderful guy who used to love him and make him feel warm just few months ago... breathing some fresh air didn't help him at all, especially when he reached the park-- more specifically, he just found himself standing in front of a park bench where he and Hyungwon enjoyed sitting on.

 

He sat there as he looked around and he saw something carved on a tree standing beside the bench, it was written as if it was meant for him so he couldn't help but wonder, Did Hyungwon write this for me? Once again, he sighed as he walked away, feeling like the words engrave on the wood are etched on his mind, too.

 

You should've believed in me, but I guess you don't trust me enough, hyung.

 

*****

 

"You know what, Hoseok? I did not bring you here just to sigh all day, I actually need you to bring those bags for me, maybe?" Hoseok's gaze shifted from the floor up to Kihyun's face.

 

It's Sunday and Kihyun asked Hoseok to accompany him to the mall just to buy some groceries and necessities for them. Kihyun could've asked Minhyuk to go with him, well as the usual but eversince Hyungwon and Minhyuk became a thing, he never had a time to hangout with the silver-haired boy again.

 

"Oh yeah, hand me some of those bags, I'll carry them for you." Hoseok tried to beam a smile, Fake. Kihyun thought but he didn't blurted it anyway.

 

The day went on fine, both of them managed to enjoy and they even went to the arcade to loosen out. The day is almost perfect, just almost because when they decided to eat on their favorite restaurant nearby, both their eyes automatically landed on the other side. Kihyun and Hoseok could pull off nothing but a bitter smile.

 

There they saw Hyungwon and Minhyuk chuckling while eating, fingers intertwined above the table, staring at each other as if it is a game that whoever breaks off first will lose-- a heart-breaking sight for the two guys silently watching them from afar.

 

They decided to just shrug it off, "Wouldn't it be nice to try something new?" Kihyun smiled at Hoseok as he slowly tugs on the other's arm.

 

"I must agree." Hoseok returns the smile even 'tho they know that it's fake.

 

*****

 

Once they've returned to their dorm, Kihyun got the bags from Hoseok and he placed it on the kitchen so he could arrange them while Hoseok went straight to his room.

 

Opening the door open, he was shocked to see Hyungwon sitting on the bean bag as if he is waiting for Hoseok to arrive.

 

"What are you doing here?" Hoseok tried to sound normal, without any grief or pain evident in his voice, he sounded neutral and he even tried to beam a smile which he knows that it made him look like .

 

"Well, I am waiting for you." Hyungwon sounded firm, "I just thought that we never had some talk after that." He said emphasizing the word pertaining to that filming of the bathub scene.

 

"Oh yeah, so, what do you wanna talk about?" Hoseok sat right across the younger, his legs crossed into a pretzel as he looks at Hyungwon straight into his eye and he beams a smile. Acting like this won't hurt. Yes, it won't Shin Hoseok.

 

"Actually, there's nothing in general I want to talk about." The brown-haired guy said as he looks up at Hoseok and returned the same smile the older is giving him, but well, his isn't fake. "I just want to tell you that you need to stop following me everywhere." Hoseok was about to speak but the younger is quick to cut him, "Don't even deny, I can see you and I know that you can feel it."

 

There was a moment of silence for the both of them, staring at each other seemed to be appeasing and Hoseok is enjoying it, he is enjoying the fact that finally, after months, he got to face the love of his life.

 

"Hyungwon, may I ask something?" Hoseok was the one to break the silence first. "Shoot." The other silently answered, "How did we ended up like this?" Hoseok said, almost a whisper as a pang hit him when memories suddenly flashed one by one, by then, Hyungwon was just silent. He just stared right into the older's eyes as if he's asking him the same.

 

"I should be the one asking that, hyung. Don't you think so?" He said, lips quirking up into a smirk, "Or maybe, Should I ask you as to why it seemed like you did not trusted me ever?" Hyungwon scoffed and Hoseok could do nothing but shut his lips, Did I really not trusted him?

 

"You know what, hyung? If my life is a book then you'd be one of the saddest chapters but then I had to thank you." Hyungwon finally stood up, "Because if not for you doubting my feelings, I couldn't have discovered Minhyuk." He was about to leave but Hoseok immediately grabbed his risk.

 

"Did you ever love me?" Hoseok's voice broke as his eyes started to water and Hyungwon was just there, standing as he looked at how hurt Hoseok look, amused with the fact that his hyung never tried moving on.

 

"Don't you dare question my feelings, Wonho." he said making the older's expression shift and Hoseok could do nothing but look down on the floor. "What about you, hyung? Have you ever tried listening to me? Or rather, must I ask if you ever tried trusting me?" And once again, silence enveloped them. When Hyungwon realized that he won't be receiving answers, he bent down to cup Hoseok's face.

 

"Guess I don't need you to give me answers I already know. And maybe silence always means yes." He said as he stood up once again. "May I ask something again, it's not like you have to answer so, may I ask if you ever tried reaching me out, I mean after all these months, have you tried?" and Hoseok could do nothing. He never did anything to bring back Hyungwon because he was in turmoil for countless nights, thinking that he did the right thing with breaking up.

 

"Well, you never did." Hyungwon enunciated, "But I'm afraid I might have to go now and see Minhyuk. Better not see you around, hyung." his final words before walking out, leaving Hoseok alone in the room they once shared.

 

*****

 

On the other hand, Kihyun is fixing things in the kitchen, he slowly stuffed the groceries in the refrigerator. He is just silent and he's engrossed with Minhyuk. And speaking of which, the silver-haired suddenly walked into the kitchen, standing right before him.

 

"Hey there." He greeted as he sat on the kitchen counter.

 

"Hey." Kihyun greeted back. He didn't face him, afraid that the feelings he hid will once again rise up to his chest.

 

"I've noticed that it has been a while, how are you doing, Kyun?" Minhyuk played with his fingers, still looking up to Kihyun who is busy stuffing things on their places. "Well, I'm doing just fine."

 

"You sure with that?" Minhyuk got off the kitchen counter walking close to Kihyun as he waited for him to finish putting everything in the freezer. "Yes of c-- Lee Minhyuk what are you doing?!" Once Kihyun closed the freezer's door, Minhyuk trapped him there, placing both his arms on the sides of Kihyun's head.

 

"Uhh, just getting full attention from you?" The older innocently asked and maybe his guard wasn't too strong because Kihyun managed to get out once he fidgeted.

 

"Why would you even want to do that?" Kihyun sighed as he sat on one of the chairs, "Aren't you supposed to be enjoying time with Hyungwon right now?"

 

"Oh, Hyungwon? It's not like friends should never separate." Minhyuk shrugged, pulling a chair to sit on.

 

"Friends my ." He heard Kihyun mumbling, "Oh. So you guys are just friends?" The shorter male asked, beaming a fake smile to Minhyuk.

 

"Yes, friends." Minhyuk sighed. "Look here, Kihyun, if this is still about the bathub scene then can we cut this out? It was months ago, why can't you forget about it?"

 

"Well the scene was months ago but you staying with Hyungwon happens 24 hours daily." Kihyun's voice unconsciously rises, "I've been telling you not to make my hopes up, Lee Minhyuk because once I fall and you're not that good to catch me then goodbye."

 

"Yes, I know that too well." Minhyuk chuckled, "But you should know that I ain't making your hopes up without being prepared to catch you, too." His bright smile blinded Kihyun as he got a packet of cherry from one of the grocery bags, "I'm patiently waiting. So catch you when you fall with a cherry on top, Mr. Yoo!" Minhyuk popped a cherry into his mouth before finally going out of the kitchen leaving Kihyun quite amused with what Minhyuk just did.

 *****

[A/N] So this is for the first part. I'm still working on with the second part because I don't really know what ending I want for this pfft. I will try and upload the second part soon