Aigo, Hyung

Alone No More

N/A: I don’t know if you guys are curious or not. But I decided to put this here, just to give you guys idea of the characters’ ages. XD

 

Royal family sorta:

Kim Jae Geon (Taejo) 57 y.o.

Lee Soo Yeon (Court Lady Oh) 55 y.o.

Kim Byung Mu (Crown Prince) 34 y.o.

Kim Joon So (4th Prince) 31 y.o.

Kim Jong Yo (3rd Prince) 29 y.o.

Kim Ha Wook (8th Prince) 27 y.o.

Kim Soo Won (9th Prince) 25 y.o.

Kim San Eun (10th Prince) 23 y.o

Kim Baek Ah (13th Prince) 21 y.o.

Kim Dae Jung (14th Prince) 17 y.o

 

Go family:

Consider Ha Jin is 27 y.o. after spending one year in coma, and another year until the Goryeo exposition.

Go Jun Pyo (deceased)

Jung Min Young (Ha Jin’s mother) 47 y.o.

Go Kang San (Ha Jin’s little brother) 21 y.o.

 

Park family:

Sung Soo Kyung (General Park) 50. y.o.

Sung Soo Duk (10th’s wife) 21 y.o.

 

Others:

Nam Woo Hee (13th’s Sweetheart) 23 y.o.

Jin Chae Ryung (The maid girl) 23 y.o.

Park Myung Hee (8th’s wife) 27 y.o.

Choi Ji Mong (Astronomer) 35 y.o.

Kang Yeon Hwa (The Princess) 26 y.o.

Song Myung Ju (OC) 31 y.o.

Yoo Cho Hee (OC) 27 y.o.

Cha Kyung Ho (OC) 30 y.o.

Ki Hyun Ae (OC) 50 y.o.

Jung Kyu Bok (OC) 34 y.o.

Seo Youra (OC) 37 y.o.

 

 


 

Chapter Five: Aigo, Hyung

 

Kim Jong Yo being the third son of a family with a lot of sons felt the pressure that came with it. He had two older brothers that he looked up to, and with achievements he felt was hard to beat. And younger brothers that looked at him as an example. It felt as pressuring as trying to match his older brothers.

 

He didn’t know why, but since he was a young kid he didn’t let himself get too competitive with his brothers. It felt wrong. As if something could go wrong. Even that he didn’t look much on that he liked to be that way. It took away part of the pressure he felt, and he was capable of finding what he really wanted to do. He discovered his love for acting because of this.

 

Not that thoughts of greed didn’t came to him. He had a time he was a Business major student, right after he came back from army – the Kim family tend to do their military service early –, he would often think in how he could be as better as his brothers in the higher positions at his father’s company. But because of the side that he indulged since kid, he didn’t let that thoughts develop. And the fact his parents never indulged any competition between their children, he never felt that he needed to do that kind of thing. 

 

And because he knew his father didn’t favor any of them to take over the company, and if he showed his capability for it, he could get there by his on merit. Not by the merit he thought he had. So, he studied Business major for two years, two long years that he took to notice he didn’t like that. He didn’t saw himself in the middle of all those deals and management problems. He couldn’t understand why his two older brothers could even do that kind of thing.

 

He felt without direction when he discovered he didn’t had the talent or liking for the thing he felt he needed to do. That was enter in the family business. To be at his father’s company. Until he stumbled into a Performing Arts class. They were having an open class, and when he saw he stayed at it until it was finished. The next semester he applied for a transfer to his new major. He didn’t regret it one bit. He felt alive when he was on stage, and the fact his family was there to support him, it made him dream higher.

 

He started small, in the plays the University sponsored, to soon be spotted by a big Entertainment Agency, and start to gain some small roles in dramas, to three years later gain his first main role and never leave the place. At the same time that he started his career as actor, his agency decided to invest him in some modeling classes and small pictorials, they said his bone structure has great angles and perfect for modeling. He had as well the right height and slender body. And so, started his career as model too.

 

He was great in his work, and he loved it. Both acting and modeling. His mother would watch his dramas and say how beautiful her son was, he even remembered a time he gained a villain character and she would lecture him at every end of a new episode. His father would watch it with his mother and would say he did a wonderful job. His brothers would at any romantic comedy he would play, they said their favorite drama was the one that he was a very skilled police officer, it was action packed drama. His sister in law would always boast with her friends she knew that handsome model of NII. He was just starting to record his first fil for the big screen.

 

He had his fare chare of scandals too. He was rumored to be dating a lot of his co-stars, and it would blast on the news for quite a while. Even more because he was one of the hairs of one of the biggest companies in South Korea. Jong Yo indeed dated a co-star of his, but was one, and it lasted a couple of years. The rest of his relationships were some flings here and there, and some of them even reached the news. But he didn’t let himself be affected by those nonsensical scandals. He was free to date whoever he wanted, being an actor or not.

 

Despite that he felt contended with his life. His family that had his back, and a job he really loved. He had all he wanted, and more. And that day was nothing more than another day of work for him. Jong Yo were scheduled to do an advertisement for clothes brand that was doing a partnership with a makeup brand, iSOS.

 

He entered the set where the photoshoot was going to happen, he walked in with his manager and staff walking behind him. He took off his sunglasses and smiled to the photographer that was going to work with him. He politely bowed at him, and they both shook hands.

 

“It will be a pleasure to work with you Kim Jong Yo-ssi” the photographer said, pleased with his male model. “If you don’t mind, the iSOS send a makeup artist to work with you today, she will be in charge to apply your makeup” he continued, now directing him to where the dressing and makeup rooms were located. “In this photoshoot, we will highlight the clothes and the makeup, is a new line they are working together based on Goryeo Era. You, and Mina-ssi will work on a couple concept. She is already ready for the first shot, we were just waiting for you.”

 

“I see…” he interjected, nodding his head. His manager was taking some notes behind him.

 

“You will see that the colors of the clothes are quite vibrant, and full of details, like clothes back them were. And the makeup is very basic, with soft colors, so we will need that your expressions be in balance with those contrasts.” The photographer continued to instruct as they finally reached their destination. Jong So saw a small figure organizing the makeup equipment and the products on a vanity table, her back was facing him. “Oh… She will be your makeup artist, Mr. Kim”

 

At those words the petite girl turned around to face him, and a very familiar face greeted him. Her long black hair was up in a very professional bun, she was using a black uniform with iSOS written in white at the left side of her chest, her round eyes were well marked with eyeliner and her cheeks with a light pink.

 

“Go Ha Jin-ssi, this is Kim Jong Yo-ssi, he will work with us.” The photographer continued. He saw the recognition in the woman’s eyes, and then a polite smile appeared in her lips.

 

“Is nice to meet you again, hyungsonim” he said, his smile growing. He saw how the surprised registered in her face.

 

“Did you know each other?” the photographer asked. He wasn’t the only one surprised, his manager and staff looked at him with surprise in their eyes.

 

“Yes” he answered. “She is my hyung girlfriend.” He flashed a smile at the petite girl, while receiving some curious looks.

 

Ha Jin didn’t know where to look. She felt that was really strange to see this nice, teasing, version of the Third Prince, considering all that happened in the past.

 

“Oh…Hum… Really?” she heard the photographer ask, she felt the weight of the stares on her.

 

She couldn’t say anything. She was feeling awkward, and she knew she was blushing. 

 

“Oh well… Will be really a pleasure to work with you hyungsonim! If you don’t mind, I will exchange the clothes and I come to you” She raised her eyes to look at him and nodded before she bowed when he left.

 

She felt his staff and the photographer throw her curious looks before they took their position. She fanned herself to see if the temperature of her cheeks would go down.  Ha Jin looked around trying to busy herself while she waited for him to get out of the dressing room. Her cellphone lightened as she looked at the vanity table. She reached for it and unlocked her screen, to see a message of So. A smile spread on her lips.

 

‘Once, a saw a beauty smiling at me through the mirror. She had the most mesmerizing smile I’ve seen. Her eyes spoke of love, and her lips spoke of endless nights. Nights I would forever keep on my heart. My heart that is only yours. My beauty. My Ha Jin.’

 

He would sometimes send her this messages like poems, and she would smile all day long. Like she was at that moment. She typed her answer.

 

‘Cheesy, my handsome Joon So’

 

And an emoji to add the spirit. She giggled when thinking of his next answer. And it didn’t take long.

 

‘I just said the truth. The beauty is now in my reach, and her lips are still as tentative as it was last night.’

 

She blushed when she thought about the happenings of the previous night. Every time they started a kiss it would escalate quickly, but something always interrupted them before anything more could happen. That time was her mother calling her asking where she was.

 

‘Don’t bring this up. I am working!’

 

She added an angry face to add the impact. She pressed the send button and shook her head trying to erase the thoughts of her head, and when she did it, she noticed a tall figure looking her phone from behind her. This time Ha Jin blushed hard.

 

“Tsk… I didn’t know hyung was this cheesy” she heard him chuckle while she hurriedly shut her phone off. Not daring to look at his answer to her message.

 

“And you didn’t know it is rude to look into people’s phone?” she retorted, still blushing, and with her heart racing in her chest. She felt like she was caught by a teacher doing something wrong.

 

Jong Yo chuckled again. It wasn’t his intention to see it, but she was distracted, and so small, that he could see the cellphone screen when he approached her to call her attention. And what he saw was beyond his imagination. He cringed just to think of his brother’s words.

 

“I am sorry, it won’t happen again.” He said apologetically, winking with a hint of playfulness.

 

He saw her blinking a few times to them finally clear .

 

“I-I hope so.” She stuttered a bit.  Ha Jin gestured at him to take the sit in front of the vanity table. “Let’s start, Mr. Kim.”

 

He frowned upon hearing her formal speech with him. He knew they didn’t see each other aside from that day they discovered about the mysterious past girl of his brother, but she was family, as far as he knew. But he complied to her words, sitting on the makeup chair.

 

“You can call me Jong Yo, hyungsonim. No need to be so polite, you are family” he smiled, the sincerity showing in his eyes and his dimples showing. Ha Jin blinked again, surprised. It was so surreal to her the differences between this Yo looking at her now and the one from the past.

 

She cleared again. And with a shy smile she addressed to him again.

 

“Then, Jong Yo-ssi, I will start applying into you the makeup” It wasn’t what he wanted, but was better. She put on him something to protect the beautiful clothes he was wearing.

 

“I trust you will do a wonderful job, hyungsonim” he said confidently, making the girl blush.

 

And she did her work, at the best of her abilities. Trying her best to not act too awkward. A difficult feat for her at that moment.

 


 

Ha Ji was watching Jong Yo work, she was fascinated by the way he was posing and carrying out all the instructions of the photographer. His aura was so similar of the third prince she knew. He had graceful movements, when he walked, he made it with his head held high and his back erect like an Emperor would do, and the confidence he had was overflowing from him.

 

But at the same time that man was so much sweet, gentle and humble. All the opposite of his past self. And watching him with clothes inspired in Goryeo made the vision of him bring a batch of memories. He was using a loose shirt with a vibrant red color, the patters in gold, the loose black pants accompanied the shirt. The female model was using a short dress with the same red color and gold patterns of his. They made a very beautiful couple in front of the lens.

 

The cellphone in her hand lighted up again. She was talking with So for the past two hours, she even told him where she was, but she didn’t tell him she was working with his brother. She wanted to have something to talk to him that night. Ha Jin checked the message that came.

 

‘Don’t be too surprised’

 

She frowned at that message. It didn’t make any sense, it wasn’t answering what she said before. She started to type her answer, but she was interrupted when the door of the studio was opened and a man entered holding bags with food, and a broad smile. It attracted the attention of the photographer that was ready to scold whoever it was interrupting them, but he stopped in his tracks when he noticed who the person was.

 

So shot at the guy an apologetic smile and strode confidently inside the studio, his confidence, and swift steps attracting all the attention.

 

“Mr. Kim, is a pleasure to have you here.” The photographer said, too happy at the vision of the famous Kim Joon So. The Kim member that was so difficult to see out of his zone. “But… What brings you to our humble studio?”

 

“Food” he answered curtly, raising the Subway bags he was holding for the staff to see. “And a certain beauty.” He said looking directly at Ha Jin, she felt herself blush again.

 

The photographer felt bewildered, he decided to declare a pause into the work, so people would have the food he brought. Jong Yo shook his head, his brother not even saw him there, he just had eyes for that girl.

 

“Your dongs…” he photograph started to say, but he noticed that So wasn’t paying attention to him anymore. He decided to let it go.

 

Someone from the staff approached him, and he gave the food bags to him, keeping one with him. And finally, he approached Ha Jin that was trying hard to be invisible. So couldn’t avoid the smile to growing on his lips.

 

“What are you doing here?” She said as soon he was close to her and she could whisper to him.

 

“I came to visit you, and bring you food.” He smirked, while she pouted and stuffed her cheeks in a false angriness. “I said to you, don’t be so surprised.” He pinched her nose, and showing her his mischievous smile.

 

She glared at him, and snatched the Subway bad of his hand and opened it.

 

“I am happy for the food only” she said, looking inside the bag.

 

“Oh… It hurt my feelings.” He said with a false hurt tone, snatching the bag back, and taking out one of the sandwiches and handing it back to her. “Your favorite.” She took the sandwich and opened to see her favorite chicken sandwich.

 

“Thank you~” she even said in sing a song. So chuckled, and approached her face to peck at her lips, but she was quickly enough to stop him. “I am working, pabo.”

 

It was his time to pout at her, she just nonchalantly bit her sandwich. Seeing her expression So just sighed and pick up the sandwich he bought for himself, starting to eat too.

 

Yo chuckled as he watched the interaction happening between his brother and his sister-in-law. He was pondering if he would interrupt them, just because he wanted to make his brother embarrassed. But he opted to observe a bit more, it was interesting to see this new side of his older brother.

 

The sweet smile in his lips, the fondness in his eyes, and the way his face would light up every time Ha Jin touched his face, or say something. He noticed that So would touch Ha in every given opportunity, and they would whisper at each other. They spent all their meal being lovey dove, like they had forgotten about the people surrounding them. It was a great feat, considering his brother was always so aware of his surroundings. And so different of the awkward person he tried to set up some girls with.

 

Yo noticed how the other people in the studio would always glace at their direction. It was rare to have his brother being openly warm with someone in public, and every one that knew about their family, knew that. He decided he had enough when his brother was trying to steal a kiss from Ha Jin again. And he really needed to re do the makeup again.

 

He approached the couple and with a teasing smile already ready in his lips he patted his brother shoulder.

 

“Hyung, I didn’t know you were blind.” He laughed when his brother jumped in surprise. The older Kim turned around and looked at him with his eyes wide open.

 

“Yo… What?”

 

The younger Kim glanced at the girl in front of his brother, she was blushing again.

 

“Well… You didn’t notice I was here too, you just had eyes to our dear hyungsonim” he answering, he was loving the see the embarrassment creeping up his brother face, and he started looking anxiously around.

 

“Hum… Sorry, I suppose.” His brother was blushing. BLUSHING. B-L-U-S-H-I-N-G. He couldn’t believe that.

 

“Aigo~, my hyung is so cute!” he said, pinching his brother cheeks. So looked startled at his younger brother.

 

So took his brothers hands of his face and glared at him.

 

“Yah! Do you want to die you punk?”

 

Yo chuckled at his older brother.

 

“No, but I want to borrow your girlfriend…” he received a cold glare. “She needs to give new touches in my makeup, hyung, make up… I am working too.” He said, putting his two hands with his palms facing his brother in a signal of surrender. But his brother still glared him coldly.

 

“Stop glaring at your brother, So-yah” the sweet voice of Ha Jin broke his brother stare at him, and Yo sighed in relief.

 

“Why you didn’t tell me he was here?” So pouted at Ha Jin again. Making the girl giggle.

 

“I wanted to have something to talk to you tonight” she said, gathering the garbage they made and putting it onto a bag. “Now, be a good boy, and throw this away for me, I have to work.” She smiled sheepishly and pointed at the plastic bag.

 

So narrowed his eyes at her, and she continued to smile.

 

“I brought this for you” he said.

 

“Please~” she said, pouting and blinking her eyes innocently.

 

So stared at her for a little while before he sighed in defeat. Yo muffled a laugh. He was enjoying this too much.

 

“Alright, alright… Go work then, miss worker.” He said with another pout at Ha Jin that was smiling brightly. And turned to look at his younger brother, noticing the amusement in the other eyes he blushed again. “And you… Just go.” He said gesturing him to go ahead.

 

Yo left the laugh he was holding finally escape his lips. Oh. He will have so much things to report. He glanced once again at his older brother that was finally getting up to throw the things away and shook his head in amusement. He followed Ha Jin to the vanity table again, with a big grin in his lips.

 


 

Eun was waiting in his favorite Café for the person his So hyung insisted him to meet. He was playing his favorite game while doing so in his phone and drinking his favorite mocha latte. He was almost beating his previous record in that phase of the game when he heard an awkward sound coming close to his left. A boy, younger than him, was looking at him with admiration in his big brown eyes that were familiar.

 

“Can I help you?” he asked, pausing his game.

 

The boy fidgeted with the tip of his t-shirt, and cleared his throat before he bowed in a 90º degree bow.

 

“I am Go Kang San, Go Ha Jin’s little brother. So hyung said I could meet you here.” The boy said, straightening his back and looking at him.

 

Eun looked the boy from the tip of his head to his shoes. So, that was the person his brother asked him to meet. It made so much sense. Eun smiled at him.

 

“You can sit here, Kang San-ssi” he pointed at the chair in front of him. And the boy complied, sitting there, still awkward. “What can I help you? Hyung wasn’t clear when he talked to me about you.”

 

The boy blushed and looked at his hands that was on top of the table.

 

“I-I just said to hyung I was a great fan of yours, and that I am studying to enter to the University, I want to do Computer Engineering.” He said, gaining confidence at every word he said.

 

Eun blinked surprised. He was knowing one of his fans in real life, what was kind of different, considering they mostly stay in an online-relationship only. And he was his sister-in-law little brother. How the world was so small.

 

“Oh well… I can help you!” he said, with his enthusiastic tone of voice of always.

 

“Really?” the boy looked at him with hope and admiration in his eyes.

 

“Of course! But first…” he said, taking his phone out again. “Do you like to play Battle of Heaven¹?”

 

Kang San eyes shone and he took his phone out as well, a smile in his lips.

 

“Yes! I am already level 120, a Warrior of Sinael.” He said with pride.

 

“Ohh… You have a long way newbie. I am a level 200, The Master of Gael.” Eun said, smiling at the surprised look in Kang San face.

 

“Y-You are one of the six people that get into the level 200?” He asked with disbelief. Eun nodded, full of pride. “What am I saying? Of course, you would be one of them!” Kang San laughed. “You are deabak, San Eun-ssi.”

 

“You can call me, Eun hyung or just hyung” the Kim boy said, smilling. “You are younger than me, right?”

 

“Yes, I am! You can call me, Kang San, if you want” he smiled back.

 

Then both boys started an endless chat about the game, when they started to play, the things they found more difficult, the parts of the map of the game they could find the better cure items, or items to improve their weapons. All the while they were with the said game open in their phones.

 

“I have to introduce you to my brothers, they play this with me, but I guess they just do it because I obligate them to.” Eu said, furrowing, but soon smiling again. “At least I found someone like you to play with me.” He was being honest.

 

“It will be my pleasure to play with you, hyung.” Kang San said.

 

Eun reached his had forward, Kang San took it, shaking them.

 

“So, let’s start?” A playful smile in his lips.

 

“Let’s go!” the younger one answered with enthusiasm.

 

And this is how everything started. With their phones in hands they pressed the buttons and entered in the first Quest together, one they would seal their friendship.

 


 

¹ This game is invented by me. So if has anything with similar name, is coincidence.

 


 

N/A: Who said Yo last chapter won cookie points! Hahahaha What you guys think of this interaction with Yo? ;) What you guys think of this Yo?

And the result of my question/pool, we will have a rated M scene in this fanfic in the future. But… It will be in the future. Hahahaha So for now we will keep the fluffy, the spiciness will come soon. xD You will have to content with the one-shot I am writing, that will be completely rated M lol I will let you know when teh chapter has the rated M scene. ^^

But you all will have to wait for a bit. I have a work from school that needs my attention, and I already spend too much time procrastinating. So I need to dedicate to this, but I promise I will be back with more SoSoo with us. :)

To end… Another question: Who do you think will be the next brother? XD Who get it right will gain cookie points again ;)

Thank you for all the comments, subscriptions, kudos, upvotes, and visualizations! I appreciate all of them.

Nath :*