one

Office Hours

"You're doing it wrong."

A male's voice from behind Jeongwon talks over the beeping machine, making her freeze on the spot.

"May I?" He asks, gesturing toward the papers in her hand.

She nods, not wanting to cause any trouble on the first day. This was the fastest and most flexible job she could get, yet she was already having problems with the copy machine. The male from behind eventually came into view and swiftly placed the paper on the machine.

"How many do you need?" he looks at her expectantly, and raises an eyebrow when she doesn't answer.

“Can you hurry up? Other people need to use the machine too,” a different male voice speaks up from behind. Jeongwon turned around to find that a line had quickly formed behind them. She looked at her colleagues apologetically, cursing herself for already making a bad impression on the first day.

“Relax, Jongup,” her savior speaks up before turning back to look at her. “Miss, how many copies do you need?”

“Uh, 5,” she answers.

He swiftly makes the copies and hands it back to her.

“There, that wasn’t so hard was it..” he glances down at the badge hanging around her neck. “Ahn Jeongwon.”

“Thanks,” she replies, without meeting his eyes. She could feel the heat creeping up her face and she knew how red she could get.

“It’s your first day, right?” he asks.

“Yes,” she answers. “Sorry for causing you this trouble, it won’t happen again.”

“I wouldn’t mind if it did happen again,” he puts his hands in his pockets. “You can bother me any time.”

“It really won’t be necessary..” she trailed off, realizing that she didn’t even know his name.

“Jung Daehyun,” he answered, as if reading her thoughts. He looks at his wrist, checking the time. “I better get back to work, see you around Jeongwon.”

Before she could say bye, he had already left, but not before showing her his smile. A smile that Jeongwon would look forward to seeing every morning.