My Neighbor Jeongyeon

My Little Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Neighbor Jeongyeon

 

 

“Myoui Mina!” Ms. Jihyo—or I mean, Park, called out, making her way down the hall. Recognizing her teacher’s voice, Mina turned around. “Since that day, have you seen Jeongyeon at all?”

 

 

Remembering of last time’s encounter, she frowned. “No.”

 

 

“Is that so? “ Jihyo crossed her arms and blew out a long sigh. “She wouldn’t answer my phone calls…” She shook her head, turning back around. “If she continues like this, in the end she’ll be expelled from school.” She left the girl in an odd train of thoughts as she disappeared. 

 

 

Staring aimlessly at her notebooks, she sighed, knowing that she had already memorized the notes and lesson beforehand. Her eyes wandered around the class and observed her classmates doing all sorts of things. Soon enough, her eyes strayed to the seat next to hers. Jeongyeon. She quickly looked away.

 

 

“There’s no reason for me to care,” she muttered to herself.

 

 

No matter how many times she told herself it wasn’t her business, Jihyo’s words kept replaying in her head. 

 

 

So she ended up standing at the entrance of a familiar gaming center. Before she could change her mind, she stepped in, catching the attention of the Korean actor-like man.

 

 

“Welcome!” He says, looking up from his newspaper. Recognizing the girl, he rose a brow. “If you’re looking for Jeongyeon, she’s not here right now.”

 

 

“Oh, I’m not! Um…” Confused, he cocked his head to the side. Mina lets out a forced sigh, trying to look like she didn’t care, which in reality it was the opposite. “Could you tell Jeongyeon that if she continues to skip classes, she’ll be expelled from school?” She looked straight into the shades of that man. “Please tell him that for me!” She turned around, about to leave the building. “Goodbye!”

 

 

“Hey, wait!” The shady man stopped her. Mina slowly turned around. “Do you…” He pointed towards the batting cages. “Wanna try playing?”

 

 

And there she stood, without even knowing, swinging the bat but missing the ball yet again. She knew the stance, she was in perfect formation and her swings were powerful. However: she could not hit the ball.

 

 

‘WHY YOU— Why am I doing something like this…?’

 

 

The ball shot straight to where the bat should be swinging through, yet she missed again. She thought to herself if she was holding the bat in the right angle? Is her timing off? Although she kept missing, she was determined and didn’t want to give up.

 

 

“Really! That Jeongyeon really isn’t worth it-”

 

 

Recognizing the voice, Mina glanced back at the window and mentally yelped at the familiar faces, especially that red headed short girl.

 

 

“Recently, I haven’t been able to get any money from her!”

 

 

The next ball flew towards her and swing again. Again, she missed, but not too miserably. She nodded, figuring out her flaw. It wasn’t her timing, but it was the angle.

 

 

“Hahaha! If that’s so, then she really is worthless!”

 

 

“And I thought I’d just found a convenient living cash machine—”

 

 

She clicked her tongue. ‘What did I say? I was right all along, that idiot!’

 

 

Another ball shot towards her and

 

 

BANG

 

 

‘I hit it!’

 

 

The ball flew at a far distance, finally satisfying Mina. Reaching her goal, she decided to leave. Turning around to put the bat back, she froze. There sat Jeongyeon, against the wall, looking numb.

 

 

‘Since when was she here…?’

 

 

Mina shook her head, placing the back to it’s rightful place.

 

 

‘So this girl actually has feelings…’

 

 

She bit the insides of her cheeks, tearing her eyes away from the latter’s cold eyes.

 

 

‘Whatever. Doesn’t matter anyway.’

 

 

Mina grabbed her bag, walking out of the batting cages. She made her way through the lobby, ignoring the group who had been using Jeongyeon. However, her strides became shorter and slower to the point where she stopped. Clenching her fists, she shut her eyes closed. 

 

 

‘Something’s wrong with me today…’

 

 

Mina turned around, taking small steps, which sold led up to the group of somewhat terrifying group of girls. 

 

 

She first noticed the blonde who only leaned back against the couch, showing not many emotions. The second would be the short redhead, who also sat on the other couch, who’s name was Chaeyoung. The only name she knew. The other girl with colorful hair, standing up, for some reason imitating…an eagle is it? with another girl who laughed at her. She almost looked like she wasn’t Korean, but at the same time, you can tell. Probably half.

 

 

They all noticed the odd presence of a very… dull and boring looking girl. Without much interest, they just stared at her.

 

 

One of them, noticing who it was, called her out. “Oh, isn’t she the girl who was with Jeongyeon?”

 

 

Legs shaking, throat drying, she stood in front of the group in fear.

 

 

‘Just why am I doing something like this…?’ But she knew exactly why. ‘When I take a look at her expression, I just can’t ignore it!’

 

 

“J-Jeongyeon thinks you guys are her friends. So.. if-if you consider her a friend, the-then please be more sincere and honest towards her!”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter