Measure 9

Orange Sherbet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 1st 
Saturday 

 

"Ayo GG!
Yeah yeah, shall we start?
OMG! Look at her, look,
What happened to her that made her cut her hair?"


"Ugh shut up!" Grumbled Kun, rolling around in bed and twisting the blankets. After wrapping himself in a burrito, he messily found his phone still ringing, and groggily looked up at the caller id. 


Chicago Boy (Johnny)


Pressing to pick up, he put his phone on speaker, awaiting the worst.

"Qian Kun! Do you know what happened last night!" Yelled Johnny, most likely waving his arms about in the background. 

He was acting like a parent, nagging their child about doing something stupid, like lighting a Christmas tree on fire. 

"Yeah, I know what happened," muttered Kun, clearly too tired even though it was 11 am. 

"You and, uh Ten made out."

"W-what are you talking about! Me and T-Ten did not make out! I have no idea what you're t-talking about! We did no such thing!" Johnny rambled on, Kun could tell his cheeks were turning red and getting nervous. He knew Johnny had a high alcohol tolerance, and he was already a terrible liar. 

"And stop changing the subject! You made out with Sicheng!" Johnny reminded.

"Huh? Oh yeah, it was good." Reminisced Kun, a smile on his lips.

"No, not 'good', you just made out with Dong Sicheng! The Dong Sicheng that nicknamed himself Winwin because girls and boys always say yes! The Dong Sicheng that somehow, still doesn't have an STI!" Cried Johnny.


Oh.


It was like a light switch went off in Kun head. He was living in his sweet fantasy, where Sicheng would call him the next day and confess his love, and take him out on cheesy dates. 

It suddenly all made sense why Sicheng kissed him yesterday. It wasn't the matching costumes, or the dare. It wasn't even the alcohol. 


Sicheng was a playboy. 


A playboy who toys with peoples heart. Who breaks people's heart without ever breaking his own. He's the type to set up a kissing booth for 'charity', and then make out in the hallways for free. The type to step over people like door mats, and bend and twist and ruin them till their bare. 

Naive Kun thought he was special, he felt so cared for in his embrace. 

Naive Kun thought he was the only one who got to experience Sichengs' kisses.

He feels disgusting. Knowing that hundreds of other people have tasted those same lips makes him want to puke.

 

The line was silent, both parties quiet for different reasons. Kun felt an ugly stone set in his stomach, he was living in a dream, and now he knows the dirty, ugly truth. It was like all his childhood dreams were ruined when he found out Santa was actually his parents.

"Thanks, Johnny...I'm gonna go." Whispered Kun weakly, not waiting for Johnnys' response before hanging up, and staring at the blank ceiling. 

 

 

 

All Kun did that weekend was loathe around on the coach in his comfy pyjamas, and eating cookie dough ice cream. 

Waiting for Sichengs' non existent phone calls takes a toll on people.

 

 

 

 

"Sicheng, who was that guy you made out with at the Halloween party?" Joy asked with a tone of disgust, studying how Sichengs' face fell for a second, then quickly returning back to normal. "You do remember him, right?"

"What? I mean I remember that red hood, but that's it." Sicheng answered carelessly, looking at the three girls in front of him. 

"I don't even remember his name."

 

Kun knew this was gonna happen, but it didn't lessen the pain in his chest. 

As he walked past Sicheng, he felt so used up and dirty. Seeing Sicheng in good lighting just made everything so much more real. He called him cutie last night, and kissed the hell out of him, but that was in a shadowy closet with no one around.

"Yooouuuu hooooo! Little red riding hood, is that you?" Joy snickered from across the hallway, walking towards the scared boy. Her heels were clicking with every step she took.

"Uh no no! I'm not little red riding hood! I have no idea what you're talking about!" Kun protested, walking faster to the closest boys bathroom. J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter