Final

Windows

Ever since I moved in next door you keep your windows open. Whenever I try to wave at you, you’re always shirtless and you always catch me staring. Today was different though, your window was closed and you didn’t show up to school. I’d been so caught up in my thought about my thoughts of your absence that I’d forgotten to grab my house keys. Now I’ve been stuck outside since I returned home. It was then when I heard a sound and a boyish scream. I looked up to see you falling straight from your window. I quickly ran over to a motionless you. I held my breath, hoping my thoughts weren’t true. You eventually turned over groaning as you held your head.

 

I let go of my breath. “Oh thank god you’re not dead.”

 

“No but I might be soon.” He said examining his hands. I gasped as I caught sight of the blood coming from his face. “I need to get you to a doctor.” I said tugging his arm lightly.

 

“No-no doctors, my parents can’t know.”

 

“Look kid you need a doctor or by the the time your parents do know is when you’re pronounced dead.”

 

He sat upright, smiling cheekily. “How do you know I’m not older than you? And my name is Wonho.”

 

I refrained from smacking him due to his condition “Hyungwon and are you really trying to flirt with me in a life or death situation.”

 

“Maybe.” I groaned at his response. “I need you to-nevermind.” I pulled my shirt off and began to dab at the wound.

 

“What were you even doing.” I asked trying to distract him.

 

“I got grounded for getting this.” He said pointing to the ring that was latched onto his lip. “But I already had plans, so I attempted to sneak out.”

 

“Idiot.” I muttered making him scoff “Yeah well what kind of person sits outside in the dark.”

 

“I forgot my key and my parents aren’t home yet so I’m locked out.”

 

He frowned at me, raising a brow. “Don’t you have a spare key or something?”

 

I wanted to kick myself for being so forgetful. I quickly stood him up, helping him walk across the street.” Once we were on my porch I lifted my doormat, relief surged through me as I picked up my key. “I think this considered kidnaping.” he said jokingly

 

I pulled him inside. “Oh trust me I’m not trying to keep you.”

 

“That’s not what it seems like in the mornings.” I blushed looking down at the floor. “Well maybe you should wear a shirt.”

 

“Says you.” he said pointing to my topless body. I felt my face flush as I attempted to cover my body.

 

“Just know you'll have to hide when my parents come home.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I really don’t feel like explaining to my parents why there is a bloody boy in my room.”

 

“So we’re going?” Hi stone was suggestive

 

“If you keep talking like that you’ll be going back outside.”

 

He smiled meekly “Sorry.”