Cloudburst

Amber Light

Cloudburst 

It's shabby, but homey. It's welcoming, not stating the lavishness, far from intimidating and untouchable.
It's just humble, and accepting.
.
Seungwan opens the door, come in to a small coffe shop by the end of the road. Amber light and its reflection on varnished wood give her exposure in that dimmed space. She smells brewed coffee and savory creamer in the air.

"How you doin', Seungwan?" The barista greets her.

"Chris," she replies with a smile as she takes her seat near to the counter behind a wide window.

"A coffee with creamer, as usual." She orders for herself.

"Alright, one coffee with creamer will be coming shortly." Declares Chris behind the counter.

Seungwan adjusts her seat to find a comfortable spot to relax and starts checking her emails from her professor.

Her coffee comes after five minutes.

"Here you go, Seungwan." Says Chris. He put some napkins on the table and a cup of coffee upon a mug placemat as Seungwan  muttered 'thanks'.

.

Her emails are half read when the doorbell made a ding a ling sound. A woman in her middle thirties is entering the coffee shop. She wears dark grey long coat and maroon cashmere scarf. Her dark brown hair is gleaming because of the light if Seungwan noticed. 

She takes a seat in front of the counter, in the middle of the row, beside Seungwan's table.

"What can I get for you, ma'am?" Chris the barista and double as the owner asks her.

"A cup of black tea, please." She says as she loosening her scarf.

"With milk or without milk?"

"Without milk."

"Your tea will be in a minute, is that all?" Chris writes down the order.

"I think that'd be all." The woman says. But she calls the barista again,

"Uhmm, do you have desserts?" She says a little bit loudly.

"Yes, we have, apple pie and blueberry cheesecake."

"Okay, I think I'd like to have blueberry cheesecake, please."

.

It's November 17 and it's been drizzling since morning. There are not so many people on the street because it's cold and home sounds warmer than the wet pavement. City lights are illuminating the streets, and the poodles are reflecting the lights making delicate panorama. 

"The rain sounds different from this place." Says the woman suddenly, startling Seungwan she snaps her head abruptly.

"Y--yeah, I think so." Says Seungwan cracking her voice.

"I just came in to this town." The woman declares rather to herself.

"Oh..." Seungwan replies the woman doesn't know what to respond exactly.

"I come to meet a client." She informs Seungwan.

"I'm a senior in local university." Seungwan replies in formality.

"A senior," the woman repeats to herself.

"I'm Seungwan, and your name is?" Seungwan shift her seat facing the woman and her side leans on the table.

"I'm Joohyun, Bae Joohyun, a lawyer."

-Fin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.s. I'm sorry this is so random