Final

Tutor

I looked up from the scribbled numbers on the paper to the matching address. I turned to Youngjae. “See he’s busy, let’s just go.” I began to walk away when I felt Youngjae tug my arm pulling me back to the door. “No you’re going to stay here and get tutored by your oh-so obvious crush.” I smacked his arm “He shouldn’t even be my tutor I always do the work and he’s not my-.” My sentence was interrupted by Yongguk who had opened his door.

 

“Hey Himchan.” He waved motioning me to come inside. Youngjae waved as he got to his car  “I’ll see you later Himchan.”

 

I smiled as I stepped inside. “So what do you want to practice first?”  Nothing is what I wanted to say “Physics.”

 

We’d been sitting on his couch going over Newton’s Law when the front door slammed closed, making me jump. ”It’s just my brother., Yongnam” Yongguk said with a chuckle.

 

On cue Yongnam jumped ono the couch seat. “You guys don’t mind if I watch a movie, do you?”

 

“No.”

“Yes.” I turned to a rather annoyed looking Yongguk “It’s fine.” I said with a reassuring smile. We studied a little longer when Yongguk set down his book. “I’m gonna go get a snack did you want anything?”  Yongnam’s mouth opened “Not you, Himchan.” I shook my head at the question. The room became silent as Yongnam paused his movie. “So does he know you like him?” My eyes shot up to see if he was joking.

 

“I don’t like Yongguk.”

 

“It’s obvious you do. I can tell him if you want.” I felt my face beging to burn as I stuffed my books back into my bag. “No thanks.” I brushed past a confused Yongguk as I quickly ran I out the door.

 

I soon regretted my brash decision due to the fact that it was not only pouring rain but it was also pitch black. I’d continued wandering for another ten minutes when I saw the flashing of headlights. “Himchan, what are you doing?”

 

I’m walking home.” I heard him sigh as he drove beside me. “Himchan, you can’t even see, just get in the car.”  

 

I scoffed at his comment “No.”

 

“Is there something wrong?” He asked making me stop walking.

 

“Yeah there actually is. How is it that you’re always late and you never do the lab work but it’s me who needs a tutor.”  

 

“Well I’ve already taken this course before.”

 

“Then would it kill you to help?”

 

“You’ve never asked and I really just like to watch you work.”

 

“You like to watch me work?”

 

He began to smile yeah especially when you rant about your friends- I mean..just get in the car please.”

 

I bit my lip to hide my smile as I sat in the passenger seat. The car ride to his house was silent. He grabbed a bag and handed it to me Here’s some spare clothes “I’ll take you home after you change.”  I grabbed the bag from him “Thanks but I think I’ll wait until the rain stops.”

 

When I came out of the bathroom I saw Yongguk smiling at me. “What?”  Just then Yongnam came into the room, he did a double take before looking at Yongguk “Oh wow you even gave him your tigger sweatshirt, you must really like him.” Yongguk yelled a ‘shut up’ before looking at the ground.