2. Sungmin/Sunny

The Place Where Wishes Come True

“Sungmin, let’s hurry and go play with Donghae and the others!” a small, skinny boy tugged on Sungmin’s arm.

“Okay, I’ll be right there,” Sungmin nodded, letting Eunhyuk run ahead on to the playground.

A short girl passed in front of him, shading the sun from his vision. She stumbled in her steps and dropped whatever was in her hands all over the ground. Sungmin, being raised as a polite and kind person, stooped down and inspected the objects.

Various CDs by famous idols at the present time were scattered about, and lying not too far away was a CD player. The girl bent over to pick the things up herself, having a bit of a delayed reaction, but Sungmin had already done the deed.

“Here you go,” Sungmin offered, standing up.

The girl stood straight too and collected her things. “Thank you.”

“Are you a new student here? I haven’t seen you around.” Sungmin noticed.

She just nodded.

“Why do you have all those CDs?” Sungmin continued making conversation with the unfamiliar girl.

“I-I wanna be a singer,” the girl said quietly.

“Oh, cool!” Sungmin gasped in awe. “Are you gonna audition for one of those big companies?”

“My mommy says I’m too little,” she made a sour face, “But I’m already 6!”

“Don’t listen to your mom; I’m sure you can be a singer.” Sungmin encouraged with a bright smile.

“SUNGMIN!”

“Oh, that’s my friend, Hyukjae.” Sungmin smiled at the girl and stuck a hand out. “Bye...?”

“Soonkyu.”

“Okay, bye, Soonkyu! See you around!”

-----

“You’re moving?” Sungmin looked crestfallen.

Soonkyu nodded. “My parents got a new job. It’s in Seoul though, so I’ll be closer to reaching my dreams!”

“That’s awesome!” Sungmin grinned encouragingly. “I’ll write to you, okay?”

“Yeah!” Soonkyu smiled, which was rare for her.

“I hope I’ll see you on TV soon!” Sungmin high-fived her smaller hand.

“Yeah, I hope so too...”

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

So I don’t really know how to write a letter. Hyukjae and Donghae are looking over my shoulder as I’m writing this and they’re telling me what to say, so I guess I’ll listen to them.

Happy Birthday! I didn’t forget, you know! You’re 8 now, right? Make sure you eat lots of cake and oh, Hyukjae and Donghae send their birthday wishes along too.

How’s your dream going?

From

Sungmin

P.S. This is Donghae! Hi Soonkyu! Come back, we miss you!

-----

Dear Sungmin,

I had a good birthday! Mom and Dad gave me lots of cool presents and I had cake too! But I had to share with my two older sisters. They have the same birthday as me. Isn’t it weird? Tell Hyukjae and Donghae I say thanks, okay? And tell Donghae I say hi, and to not miss me. I’ll see you all soon!

My dream is going...okay, I guess. My two sisters both wanna be actresses and my parents think it’s a great idea. They want me to act too, when I grow up and stuff, but I don’t want to. I wanna sing!

I’m so close though, I can feel it.

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

Wow, it really has been a while since I’ve written to you. You’re 10 now? I bet you look really different!

Well, I have an excuse. Hyukjae’s been really busy. He’s a dancer; at least, he wants to be one. He makes Donghae and me practice with him. Hyukjae wants to audition for one of those big three companies, and his mom is actually letting him. They moved to Seoul just a week ago. Donghae hasn’t been the same since.

Maybe I’ll see you and Hyukjae on TV soon.

I will, right?

From

Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

I’m 11 now!

Whoa, Hyukjae wants to be famous like me? That’s so cool! I hope I see him in Seoul!

My parents are still saying that I’m too little. They said that next year, they’ll let me audition. So I’ve been practicing and practicing. Studying too. School is hard. And boring.

Of course you will! It’s my dream!

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

You know your dream, right?

Well, I’m sharing your dream now!

I didn’t know how to tell you or when to tell you, but...I’m a trainee with SM now. Hyukjae’s here too, and even Donghae’s here. All three of us are sharing one dream. We’re sharing it with you, too, of course!

So you’re somewhere here in Seoul, huh? I’ll find you, Soonkyu, and then it can be like old times again...

From

Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

SM? Wow, congratulations! Hwaiting! I’ll cheer you on!

I’m with a different company right now. The people here are really nice, but it’s hard, every day.

When can I see you?

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Sungmin,

Why haven’t you written back yet? It’s getting lonely...

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Sungmin,

Did you forget me?

Did you forget our dream, too?

From

Soonkyu

 

-----

Dear Sungmin,

Happy Birthday! ^^

From

Soonkyu

 

-----

Dear Sungmin,

I saw your debut, Sungmin! Your group is so amazing! Congratulations!

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Sungmin,

I think you’re probably really busy with Super Junior. That’s why you’re not replying to my letters, right? I bought your CD the other day and it’s really awesome!

I heard your voice! Hm, I never knew you could sing...

Wouldn’t it be cool if we could duet?

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Sungmin,

I left the company I was with. It was getting too hard.

What do I do now?

I need you.

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Sungmin,

I joined with SM. My uncle’s the chairman, did you know that?

Where are you?

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Sungmin,

It’s so weird. My dream’s coming true. I’m debuting already, with eight other girls. I’m not very close to them yet. I think they don’t like me. But it’s okay, because I’m almost there.

Will you watch our debut performance?

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Sungmin,

I saw you the other day! But I didn’t wanna go up to you. What if you didn’t remember me?

From

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

For so many years, you’ve continued writing letters to me. You’re so silly, Soonkyu.

I never forgot you for a second. You’re unforgettable.

Love,

Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

Well, you certainly took your sweet time writing back.

Since when were you so cheesy, Lee Sungmin?

Love,

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

Hey, I’m being nice!

By the way, congrats on winning the Digital Daesang. You girls deserved it.

Love,

Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

Doubt it.

Congrats to you guys too, for winning the Disk Daesang! that Super Junior and SNSD weren’t there to celebrate it together, huh?

Love,

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

We’ll see each other again soon, I know it.

Love,

Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

Pretty girlfriend you’ve got there on We Got Married.

Love,

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

She doesn’t compare to you~

Love,

Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

These letters totally strayed from the original topic!

And whatever.

Love,

Soonkyu

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

Well, you already achieved your dream and I did too!

And whatever?

You’re my only~

Love,

Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

You’re such a cheeseball, Sungmin, I swear.

Love,

Soonkyu

P.S. I saw that preview for We Got Married. You’re so dead.

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

It meant nothing!

Love, Forever and Always,

Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

Sure, it didn’t. Sure.

That actress is really, really pretty.

Soonkyu

-----

Dear My Only One,

No “love”?

Oh, and Soonkyu, I’m gonna make your other dream come true.

Love,

The One Who Loves You Most

-----

Dear Idiot-Who’s-Going-to-Get-a-Beating,

What other dream?

From

The One Who Will Smack You Senseless

-----

Dear Soonkyu,

Marry me.

Love, with all his heart, (yes, I really and truly mean it)

Lee Sungmin

-----

Dear Sungmin,

You idiot.

I expect a proper proposal tonight and you better turn up the romance. I like chocolates, remember!

But yes, I will marry you.

Yours Forever, (starting now)

Lee Soonkyu

P.S. This wasn’t my other dream. My other dream was to go on a vacation because I’m tired.

But this works too.


I MISS WRITING SUNSUN. /sobs rivers

No other pairing gives me this satisfaction, I swear.

Hope you liked this as much as I did, Young Ji! :)