Chapter 3

I Don't Bite

Chapter Three

Taemin felt his heart lurch in fear as Minho slowly reached towards him. "Don't touch me!" He yelped as the elder's fingertips just barely brushed the soft fabric of his shirt. Taemin squirmed away, salty, crystal streams still flowing delicately down his still child-like cheeks. Pure terror raced through his fragile body the like the regal Nile River. Questioned poured into his head, but he was simply too bewildered to sort them all out at the moment. Questions that started with when and who and what and how and … Why?

Why didn't Minho tell him in the first place? Why didn't he warn him? Why didn't he stop himself before he did something stupid, before it was too late? More importantly, though was; why did he bite him in the first place?

Hurt and betrayal was apparent on the Maknae's stunned face. "Don't touch me …" He repeated in a soft voice. "Please, oh please just leave me alone …" He had forgotten all about his bleeding neck, until that is, he felt the sticky liquid snaking its way down his shirt, carving a red-colored path down his lean torso.  A shiver ran up Taemin's spine when he looked into Minho's eyes, which had begun to glow a soft red.

Red. He never thought a simple color that meant so much good – romance, love, joy … – could give him so much grief and send him spiraling into a panic-attack. Such a beautiful hue could turn so ugly in a matter of moments. It sent body-wracking tremors throughout his body and a small whimper rose in the back of his throat.

When Minho moved towards him once more, Taemin reacted by flinching, scrambling backwards. Minho's actions had aroused memories in which Taemin had buried deep within his memory over the past month. Horrifying memories crowded into his head, The screams, the blood the smell of death, the blood-red moon, the terror, the panic, the vampire … Minho's deep, alluring voice suddenly snapped Taemin out of his gruesome thoughts, giving him momentary comfort. Until, that is, he remembered it was the Hyung himself who was the object of terror.
"Taemin I'm-"

"I said leave me alone! Get out of here you worthless Leech!" Taemin cried out, pushing Minho away. "Just go away!" His voice then dropped to a mere whisper as the last of the fireworks crackled in the sky; "Please …"

Minho gazed at the young boy for a few moments, his eyes glittering with remorse. He felt as If the whole world had suddenly turned against him. It was as if everyone was pointing their fingers at him, mocking him. He felt as if the ground would suddenly open up and swallow him whole, sending him spiraling into a deep abyss of misery and woe. "I'm sorry." He whispered before fleeing as Taemin had demanded, whipping through the trees at extraordinary speeds.

Taemin was left then, sitting near a fencepost, the stuffed Panda laying a mere yard away, long forgotten. He crawled over to the fluffy black and white object, picking it up gently in his soft hands. He stared at it for the longest time, running lanky fingers through its plush "fur". He cringed as he drew the digits across a few spots of drying blood.

Suddenly, tears started to roll gently down his cheeks, leaving salty paths down them. The crystal clear teardrops glittered and glinted in the soft moonlight as they dropped, landing silently on his stuffed prize. He stared into the cold, blank, unblinking brown eyes for the longest time. Though terror was still swarming inside of him, it was weakening more and more by the second. Rather, guilt and regret decided it was time to pay a visit, taking terror's place.

Guilt. He was feeling guilty because of what he had said, what he had called his friend; "Get out of here you worthless Leech!" That's what he had called him … A worthless leech … The second emotion; regret … Was there even a reason for him to feel regret? At this point, Taemin had no idea what to think anymore. All he did know, however, was that he had to find a way to make it right between he and Minho once more …

Meanwhile, Minho on the other hand had made it back to the quaint three-story building in which he shared with his friends. He quickly brushed pat Key and Jonghyun, who were currently engrossed in a steamy make-out session, oblivious to the passing Minho's presence. He whipped blindly through the building. His mind began to fog over, and he was vaguely away of his own surroundings anymore. He then bumped into something solid, collapsing onto the ground. He looked up and saw Onew standing over him, a piece of chicken in his hand, worry apparent in his soft brown eyes.

Onew set the foor item on a table, bending down and holding a hand out. Minho took it gratefully and pulled himself up. Onew watched him in silence for a while before a frown came to his face. "What's wrong, Minho?" The eldest boy asked.

Minho was silent for a few moments before he let out a rather shuddery sigh. "It's Taemin. He … he hates me …" Minho muttered quietly. "I … I did something that I'm just not proud of …"

Onew stared at Minho, bewildered. "My god, Minho, you attempted to  him?!"

"What? No! Hyung … It was nothing like that …" Minho told the elder, looking away sheepishly.

"Well, then what did you do?" Onew asked, quite relieved, to say the least.

"I … Kind of bit him …." Minho muttered solemnly. 

"You … You why- PFFT hah! You really had me going there!" Onew laughed. "Good one, I really thought you were serious! You face was like …" He sniggered.

Minho looked at him sincerely. "Jinki, I'm serious."

Onew gave him a sharp what-the-hell-did-you-just-say smile. "Minho …" He said quietly, looking away, trying not to laugh "You … you bastard!" He hissed, bringing his hand back and slapping Minho across the face. "Idiot!" He screamed, his eyes turning a deep red color. "You know he's afraid of Vampires! He told us the day after we met him, yet you have the audacity to bite him?! What the hell were you thinking?!" He pushed Minho away and pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself, trying desperately to fall back into a state of bliss once more.

"I'm sorry …" Minho whispered, tears slowly bubbling over his lower eyes lids, rolling gently down his cheeks.

"What were you thinking?" Onew asked again, his voice a mere whisper. Though he was still furious, he seemed to have calmed down quite a bit, for his eyes were turning back to their original color.

"I wasn't." Minho shook his head. "I was just caught up in my own desires, I guess …" His head whipped towards the kitchen door when he heard it slowly squeak open. Jonghyun's head popped through the doorway, his dark hair a mess and a small bruise on the nape of his neck.

"Uh, Minho … Taemin's here. He wants to speak to you." He told them before slipping away. Minho glanced at new, before standing and hurrying away. He poked his head through the doorway and his dark gaze immediately fell upon Taemin, who was currently crying his eyes out in Key's caring arms. Key was cooing to him, comforting him. The bite marks on Taemin's neck were as clear as day, taunting him, teasing him. Scolding him. 

Taemin wiped his teary eyes and looked up at Key, whose hair was equally as mussed as Jonghyun's, whom seemed to bear an identical love-mark on this nape of his neck as well. "It's not that I'm still mad … Just a little scared …" He said softly, obviously replying to a question Key had asked previously. "I …. I don't care if he's a vampire … He's my friend. I didn't mean to say those awful, awful things." A shudder ran up his body as he choked on another sob. That's when, it seems, he felt eyes on him.

Taemin suddenly whipped his head around and gazed into Minho's eyes; Key doing the same. The older male then suddenly gave Minho his; move-one-more-inch-and-you're-so-totally-going-to-be-teared-limb-from-limb glares. Leave it to Key to be so much like an Umma to Taemin … Minho could honestly admit he found it fairly sweet …

When Taemin rose from his seat, Key grabbed him by the arm. Taemin met his caring gaze and smiled warmly, patting his arm with his free hand. "It's okay hyung." Key, although hesitant, released Taemin's arm, watching him with skeptic eyes. The blonde slowly walked up to Minho and stared up at the older male, the threat of more tears in his eyes. Minho scowled but didn't dare move an inch. He was worried he might get the same reaction he had received from Taemin earlier. And no one wanted that to happen … Which was why he was so shocked when Taemin suddenly brought him into a tight embrace, tears pouring down his cheeks.

"Taemin …" Minho murmured; the threat of tears in his eyes as well. He carefully wrapped his arms around the smaller body, burying his face in his shoulder. They stood like that in silence for a few moments, Minho breathing in Taemin's sweet and unique scent, feeling both unease and bliss. He was content to just stay like that for a while, but at the same time part of him was telling him they should separate. He didn't want to risk biting him once more …

Taemin lifted his head and looked at him, smiling. "I wanted to say that well … Apology accepted." He whispered. Minho drew in a sharp breath and felt a single tear roll down his cheek, smiling back.

***

"So wait … Let me get this straight … You're all Vampires?" Taemin asked his hyungs in disbelief. They were all now situated comfortably in the living room, Key on Jonghyun's lap, Onew munching on a piece of chicken by the kitchen door, Minho sprawled out on the loveseat and Taemin seated in a recliner. When the four older males nodded, Taemin's stomach squirmed with unease. It's not that he really minded now, it was just … Oh, who was he kidding? He was terrified of them now! And it was all because of that damn night that happened over ten years ago!

Taemin closed his eyes for a while, letting all the newly acquired information sink in. "Alright … So … Since I was bitten by a Vampire, does that mean I'll eventually turn into one?" 

The four other boys exchanged highly amused glances, before bursting with laughter. "No, no, Maknae." Onew reassured. "You'll only turn into a Vampire if Minho had wished for it to happen. Meaning, he'd have to inject some of his own Vampire blood into your system throughout his fangs. Seeing as you're not writhing in pain right about now, that wasn't why he bit you." He chuckled, taking another bite of his chicken.

"Oh …" Taemin said, slightly embarrassed. "Well, then when didn't you guys ever burn when you were in sunlight?"

"Just a stupid superstition" Key sighed. "Just like the one about garlic and crosses and holy water and well … Jesus Christ, Taemin, the list could go on and on!" Key shook his head and climbed off of Jonghyun's lap, seating himself on the arm of the recliner. "Don't worry, Key-Umma'll teach you everything our precious little Minnie will need to know." He smiled, caressing one of the younger boy's cheeks in his palm.

Taemin suppressed an irritated groan and nodded. He clearly didn't like the thought of having Key as an "Umma", especially if that meant Jonghyun would be his Appa. "A-alright …" He murmured.

Minho then spoke up. "Don't worry Taemin." He smiled reassuringly. 

"I won't." Taemin said, a childish grin coming to his features.

 

Okey wull, I suppose you can tell that I've changed the JongYu pairing to JongKey ... And if you hadn't noticed by now then well, you my friend, has serious problems. Alsoo; there will be no mentions of OnKey in this fanfic~ c:

Sorry it was so Cliché Dx