Feel So Bad

Feel So Bad

 

The smell of the bookstore isn't very different as usual. It is relaxing just like what Sunggyu has always been loved. He sips up his coffee while flipping through the fiction book with his left hand. The sunrays has made its way to the bookstore through the big windows beside him.

Suddenly, Sunggyu feels the morning breeze chilled his bones, his eyes caught a pair of couple holding hands and giggling.

There's 'pang' inside his chest and yet, he smiles.

He knows them well, a little too well, it triggers old memories of them that Sunggyu has ever had.

***

"Sunggyu! Don't you know how good I am on this game? Look at me" said a girl who focused on her game.

Sunggyu smiled, "I don't know, I don't think you're better than me" he answered with laugh at the end.

The girl pouted and Sunggyu patted her head. It was a friendly gesture they both did to each other. The girl tried to dodged the pats until the man beside her said, "Hanbyul, let's do something else. Put that PSP away from you. Let's hangout"

Hanbyul nodded and got up to put the PSP on the table, "Wait okay, I'll change my clothes", then she went to her room.

Sunggyu sighed, he just couldn't do this anymore, he wanted to tell everything about his feeling but he just couldn't. He was afraid if Hanbyul didn't feel the same. Sunggyu knew he acted like a coward, he was scared of the consequences. He was afraid to lose Hanbyul.

Hanbyul walked out from her room, "Oppa, what are you wondering? You look weird". Sunggyu shook his head, "It was nothing".

Max suddenly realised something, "Hey, what in the world you just call me oppa. What do you want from me, huh?" he said.

Hanbyul laughed, "Ya! Why do everytime I call someone 'Oppa' they just think that I want something from them. You don't want me to call you oppa?" she answered.

"Oh, you don't want anything" Sunggyu said sarcastically and laughed, Hanbyul just rolled her eyes.

She opened the front door and looked around at the street, "Ya, you asked me to hang out but now you just sit and watch the TV, huh? I will hang out by myself and lock you inside!" she yelled from the front porch.

Sunggyu laughed and stood up, he walked out from the house and went to his car while Hanbyul locked the door.

Sunggyu looked around the street while trying to buckled his belt, "Where should we go?".

The girl beside him has finished buckled her belt and then she said, "How about that café you told me awhile ago?"

Sunggyu agreed and said, "Okay let's go there" then he drove the car.

Hanbyul got out from the car and walked in to the cafe before Sunggyu. She sat in the chair near window, a big window.

Sunggyu followed her from behind and sat in front of her. "I will order something, what do you want?" he said to Hanbyul.

"As usual, you know it right?" she smiled, tried to be cute. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and then laughed, "Stop trying to be cute, I know you want something! Just tell me duh" and Hanbyul just laughed, "Just go and order something, I'm hungry and thirsty" she shooed.

Sunggyu laughed, he stood up and ordered something from the chasier.

And then, he cameback with thing in his hand, "Oppa, let's play with that thing" said Hanbyul when Sunggyu sat in front of her.

"This thing?" he pointed the thing in his hand with the other hand.

Hanbyul nodded and laughed, she took the thing from Sunggyu hand but Sunggyu refused to give it to her, "Ya! If you broke this, they will make you pay for this. I don't want to pay for a thing like this" he said.

Hanbyul rolled her eyes, "Ya! Just give it to me, I'll pay that thing by myself if I broke that thing! Just give it to me".

Sunggyu laughed but he still refused to give that thing to Hanbyul, "Hey! You already 18 years old but you still play this kind of game huh? Are you kindergarten kid?" he said sarcastically.

Hanbyul pouted and it made Sunggyu laugh. It just... Sunggyu couldn't contain his feels when Hanbyul pouted. He couldn't stand it.

Sunggyu gave the 'thing' to Hanbyul and Hanbyul smiled happily, but.... Drang! The thing vibrate when Hanbyul touched it.

Sunggyu cracked up, he laughed happily and Hanbyul just dumbfounded, "I'm done with this!" Hanbyul said frustrated while the guy in front of her laughing so hard.

"Ya shut up!" she yelled and gave the thing to Sunggyu, Sunggyu took the thing but he was still laughing.

Hanbyul rolled her eyes, "Just shut up and take the order" then she laughed.

Sunggyu stood up and went to the 'take here' sign, and after two minutes he was already there in front of Hanbyul.

"Here, take it" he handed a Caramel Mochiato to Hanbyul. She who still couldn't believed what happened took it from Sunggyu's hand.

Sunggyu drank the Coffee and giggled when he saw Hanbyul dumbfounded expression, "Stop it already, let's play another game"

Hanbyul sighed, "Oppa, My Parents said they will come this day, but I just received this message" she handed her phone to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu took it and read the message, he sighed and gave it back to Hanbyul, "It's okay, maybe they are really busy and can't come this year, maybe they will come next year, right?" Sunggyu tried to make Hanbyul feel better.

"But, they always like this.. I haven't meet them at least 1 year, how can they do it to me, don't they miss me? They always busy busy and busy" she sighed.

Sunggyu patted Hanbyul's head, "They do, they miss you." he smiled.

Hanbyul shook her head and saw Sunggyu's eyesmile, she smiled back "Thank you, Kim Sunggyu. Thank you for always be there for me, you're the best brother for me!" she sincerely said.

Sunggyu lost his mind, it was like someone just woke him up and now he must face the reality, his mind is full of what Hanbyul just said, 'You're the best brother for me', it hurted him so bad. He realised it, he was nothing but brother for Hanbyul.

"I like you a lot" Hanbyul said innocently, and Sunggyu just.... Drang! His mind completely blank, it hurts him more and more, Hanbyul just said 'You're the best brother for me' before and now? 'I like you a lot'. Sunggyu was clueless until he realized that Hanbyul like him because he was a nice brother.

Hanbyul expression changed, "Ya! Do you hear me?" she yelled to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu smiled, "I do like you too" he said sincerely, 'I saw you as a woman. I like you as a man, not a brother' he said inside his heart.

Hanbyul smiled again, "Let's go somewhere else, let's walk around" she stood up and took the drink with her.

Sunggyu just walked without any words, he couldn't hear everything Hanbyul blabbed out. "Kim Sunggyu!" Hanbyul yelled in front of his face.

Shocked, he answered, "What?"

Hanbyul sighed, "Don't you know? I blabbed about everything and I just realised you aren't listening to me! I already woke you up from your own world, 3times I called you 'Oppa' and you just stood still like a zombie. Please tell me what's wrong with you?".

Sunggyu smiled because what Hanbyul said, "I'm okay, idiot. It was nothing" he said.

Hanbyul sighed again, and suddenly she linked her hand on Sunggyu's hand.

Sunggyu froze, he was clueless, "Why?" Hanbyul asked.

"Why?" he asked back. Hanbyul laughed, "Let's just walk like this. Let's act like a couple"

The more Hanbyul talked, the more Sunggyu felt the pain, but he just smiled, "Yah, do whatever you want" Sunggyu said.

And that became habit.


***

Sunggyu shakes his head, the couple has already gone from his sight, "That should be me, right?" he mumbles to himself.

"The guy who links his hand with you, it should be me. I was a fool. " he thinks.

Sunggyu puts his coffee on the table and take his book, he leaves the bookstore with a bitter feeling. It almost like the bitter feeling take control of him, he is upset for his past decisions. He regrets it but he knows, he can't go back to the past.

His legs take him to the cafe when he and Hanbyul used to visit, their favorite place. He is staring through the windows, it reminds him of his memories of Hanbyul.

**

"Sunggyu-ya.. Please sing for me. Can you?" Hanbyul begged, her expression looked so confused.

"Why? What's wrong with you?" he asked because it was very strange of Hanbyul to suddenly asked him to sing.

Hanbyul sighed, "Please just sing for me. I miss your beautiful voice, it's been so long since the last I heard you sing." she begged again.

Sunggyu was silent for awhile and thought, 'Well, this cafe not too crowded as usual. I guess it'll be okay' and he began his song for her.

"In between the cracks of sunlight

In between the flowing white clouds

In between the blowing wind, you shine.

Riding down the time even tomorrow

Thickly spreading every single day

Filled with longing, again to me

You come into me, faintly shyly, you come upon me.

You softly shake me, as usual, connected through the memories

Again and always, I'm living in longing

Already, Already, I'm locked up in the memories

On each place my feet rests

On each place my hands touch

On each place I place my eyes, I see you

In between each small crack of a day

You slowly rise up for reasons I don't know

Filled with fluttering excitement, again to me

You come into me, faintly, shyly, you come upon me

You softly shake me, as usual, connected through the memories

I'm so grateful that I know you, that I got to meet you

I'll grow this much to always protect you

You come to me, faintly, shyly, you come upon me

You softly shake me, as usual, connected through the memories

Again and always, I'm living in longing

Already, Already, I'm locked up in the memories"

He ended up his song, he averted his eyes and saw Hanbyul's beautiful eyes.

Hanbyul's lips shaped up a smile, "Oppa, you have a beautiful voice."

Sunggyu just smiled back, "What's wrong with you?" He asked.

The smile on Hanbyul's lips changed into a frown, "I'm confused, I don't know what to do."

"Why?" he asked while sipping a tea.

"That.." she sighed, "Myungsoo.. Confessed to me"

Sunggyu felt like the world was going to kill him, what was now? His bestfriend?

"Kim Myungsoo?" he asked with shocked expression, the girl in front of him just nodded.

'The world hates me, even the world don't gives its blessing to me' that was what Sunggyu thought.

This day was the day Sunggyu gathered his courage to confessed everything to Hanbyul, there was something inside his pockets. But, everything were ruined. The day when he brave enough to confessed everyting was the day he lost 'his' Hanbyul.

"Really?" Sunggyu asked again, Hanbyul nodded. "Do you like him?" Sunggyu tried to cover up his own feeling.

Hanbyul fell into silence, when finally she said, "I don't know"

Sunggyu sighed, he also didn't know what to do, if he confessed it is almost impossible now and it would sound like he betrayed Kim Myungsoo. But, it was him, it was him who first knew Hanbyul, it was him who first loved Hanbyul.

"Oppa.. Tell me what to do?" Hanbyul begged.

Sunggyu closed his eyes, 'How can I told you when I also don't know what should I do?'

"Are you happy?" He asked, he was afraid if Hanbyul said yes, but.. "I am" was Hanbyul answer.

'I am'. Sunggyu felt like someone slapped him so hard in the cheeks.

"Then why are you confused? Just give him a chance." He smiled. That wasn't what Sunggyu wanted to say, it was anything but that words.

"You both are important to me" he sighed and closed his eyes. His heart was taking so much damage right in that moment.

They both fell into silence, they didn't know what to do until Hanbyul said, "Shoud I?".

Sunggyu forced a smile upon his lips, "If you happy then you should"

Hanbyul was still silent until a smile cracked up from her lips, "Thank you, oppa. I like you a lot" she said and suddenly hug Sunggyu.

"Me too. Stop it, Kim Myungsoo will kill me if he see us" he tried to laugh but it cracked.

And that day.. He lost 'his' Hanbyul.

It was his own fault, so he couldn't blame anyone.


***

"Because you both are important to me" Sunggyu said it again but with different feeling this time. He needs to let her go.

He averted his gaze to a small bakery across the café, and then, he sees them again. Holding hand and smiling to each other. They look very happy and it almost like that they are made for each other.

Sunggyu takes a deep breathe, "You guys are important to me" he say it again.

He walks away from the crowd and find a garden chair, he sits there and think about everything. How he always stayed up all night thinking about a girl, how he cried while drunk because of one girl. And that girl is the girl who he loves, it's Hanbyul.

He looks up to the sky and smiles, "I love you".

He lets the wind takes the words away.

Pass me by, I'll pretend not to have seen those eyes

I'll just say that I didn't see you

Please just ignore me

Before my shaking heart collapses

This coincidence happened once, twice, three times

Now it feels like you are destiny

For the last time, just once, twice, three more times, I keep missing you

Both of you are so precious to me, you and the person next to you

But why is it you who happened to take everything?

Everything that I ever wanted

Tears fall when I see you- I can't have you but I want you

Oh, my heart hurts when I see you

Can never be mine mine mine

In my dreams, I am holding you

And I am saying these nonsense words, I love you.

Tears fall drop by drop

But I try to brush off my heart

Your embrace makes me breath

Just come into my arms and be still

I tried convincing myself that it's not and tried to avoid you

But now I became a cowardly man and I want you

Both of you are so precious to me, even my friend who is next to you

But why is it you who happened to take everything?

Everything that I ever dreamed of

Tears fall when I see you- I can't have you but I want you

Why did you touch my heart?

Its the place that you should be

Which decision is the right one

I need you want you back

Stop, stop avoiding, swallow up the memories that are tangled up and scarred

I need you feel so bad

The scrunched up nervousness, I'll make it into a place of peace and spread it out within me

Now you are so precious, more than anyone else

I am going to you right now, after letting everything else go

I don't need anything else

Because I love you, because I love you

I will protect you, whatever it takes

I just need to look at you

I need you, I want you, I love you, feel so bad.