Four

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am tossing and turning in my bed. Wonwoo's little text is still playing through my head. I just can't seem to let it go while trying to sleep. Why will he be dreaming about me? And why did he feel the need to share it with me? My heart is hammering inside my chest while I turn once more. I'm facing the wall while reliving the night I just had. It was perfect in every single way. Just like a first date should be. We were both enjoying ourselves, or so I hope. At least I was. 

My parents gave me a lecture on how to be responsible. Apparently I am not focussing enough on school, which was what they were afraid off. Since I already live in Seoul, they wanted me to stay at home, but I want to know what life in university is really like. And they can't stop me when I put my mind on something. Mom told me she's coming by every single week to check on me. Without telling me beforehand. It , but I can handle her, for now. 

The sun rises sooner than expected and I feel even more sleepy. But falling asleep is not in my books for today. It seems I'll have to survive on no sleep at all. Thank you, Jeon Wonwoo. You're taking my heart, my thoughts and my sleep. Isn't that enough already? I'm joking. I absolutely love this feeling. The feeling of being restless and looking forward to seeing someone you really like. The feeling of waiting for their texts and smiles. That damn smile of his. It makes my heart skip a dangerous amount of beats. 

"Mingyu! You're going to be late for class!" Seunkwang yells at the other side of my door. He sure is loud and bossy, but he's like the mother of our dorms. He looks out for us and cleans up our messes. Which is why we really like him. 

"I'm coming!" I yell back and groan a little. I really needed that sleep, but I guess I'll have to do without it for now. I won't die. I've done this before. 

I stand in front of my closet. This is the first time I've actually cared about what I'm wearing. I want Wonwoo to really look at me, not just see me. I want to look good for him. Am I completely losing my mind right now? The first shirt is a definite no. It's way too wide, he won't notice that I actually work out. I try on a different set of t-shirts, but in the end I settle for a nice white dress shirt on my jeans. I tuck it in my jeans and leave the top button undone. This way he can see I work out and I look classy to top it off. That will definitely catch his attention! 

The only problem is: we don't have class together today. The only possible way to see him is text and ask to work on our project. Which could be seen as pushy since we just saw each other yesterday. Will he think I am annoying? Oh, what the hell. I did not dress up for nothing. I'm calling him. Now. 

"Mingyu?" he asks as soon as he picks up. He sounds a bit surprised if you ask me. 

"Hi, I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" I could slap myself for being so inconsiderate. Maybe he doesn't have morning class... 

"No, it's fine. I'm just surprised that you called me when I was about to call you", he chuckles a little in the middle. Did I just hear that right? He wanted to call me too? 

"Oh, what did you want to talk about?" I try to sound casual and not desperate. Which probably failed. 

"I wanted to meet up today..." he leaves a little pause. "To work on our project?" I smile at how nervous he sounds. That makes two of us. 

"I was about to ask the same thing", I smile like a dork while walking out of my room. Seunkwang is looking at me weirdly while I walk past. 

"Want to meet up at the same coffee shop?" he asks, clearly a bit more sure of himself. 

"Yeah, when do you have time?" 

"I have lunch period off, you?" 

"Same, I'll see you there for lunch?" this is me casually asking him out again. 

"I'll see you for lunch", he says and I can almost see the smile appearing on his face. That cute, genuine smile that lights up his whole face. What am I even saying? It lights up this whole world, universe even! "Bye." 

"Bye", I breathe out as he disconnects. That was... something. I'm awestruck that he had the same idea as me. And now we're even going to eat lunch together! Yay me! I think I should stop worrying so much about him not liking me at all. But we still have the bigger issue at hand here... is he inter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter