ending chapter

Old Fashioned

"By the way, I heard what you said. I don't have a nice girl to settle down with because I'm interested in someone else already." Seokjin mumbles. "Oh.. that's good for you hyung. Um, I'll be heading out first. I need to organise some things-" Seokjin shakes his head in amusement. "Stop getting ahead of yourself. How can I be interested in someone that's so innocent and silly?"

Namjoon blinks. "Oh. Me?" Seokjin snorts. "No, not you. The guy over there. Look, there!" Namjoon holds Seokjin's finger down and pulls him close. "Don't do that. I'm sensitive." Seokjin giggles. Namjoon leans in and gives him a quick peck on the cheek. "Shall we head back?"

Seokjin heads out that afternoon, carrying Namjoon's stuff with him. "I'm here to claim the car that I dropped off yesterday?" The mechanic nods, bringing a piece of paper for Seokjin to sign. Seokjin signs the document, looking at the name imprinted on the mechanic's top. "Thank you.. Jimin-ssi?" Jimin smiles, collecting the documents. "Sorry, but the car is not ready for collection. I can drive it to the owner's office tomorrow morning though." Seokjin nods, giving Jimin the directions.

"Yes, the guy at the car repair shop was so cute and squishy! His name was Jimin! Oh my, a boy looking like that could drive? He looked barely legal!" Namjoon scoots over, glancing at Seokjin. "I see you're already cheating." Seokjin jumps. "When did you come? I was just telling Taehyung about the boy at the car repair shop." Taehyung chortles. "Hyung, he can hear you from 2 apartments away." Seokjin covers his mouth while laughing. "Oops."

"Besides," A smack on Taehyung's arm. "When did you and Hoseok start? How come you never told me about it? You little ." Taehyung takes a bite of his apple. "Many things I haven't told you hyung, many many things. Like... Jimin is my best friend."

Namjoon doubles over in laughter. "You told Taehyung that Jimin was a squishy little mochi and he's his best friend! This is hilarious!" Seokjin coughs. "Excuse me? Are you disrespecting your hyung now?" Namjoon halts. "No, sorry hyung. But its funny!"

"Namjoon hyung? Are you coming over soon?" A soft voice comes over the phone. "Ah, Jungkook, sorry but the mechanic will be dropping the car at our house. Could you ask Yoongi hyung to send you to Busan? I can't rush over in time." Jungkook sighs. "Alright hyung, take care." 

Jimin revvs the engine, driving towards Seoul. It was weird for him to drive to another town because he was primarily based in his happy little town, away from negativity. He starts up the music player, listening to Dope by BTS. "Ayo ladies and gentlemen!" Jimin sings over the charismatic voice of their main vocal. "This kid is talented!" He grins while making his way to Namjoon's residence in Seoul.

Jungkook recognises the car a mile away. "Oh! It's Namjoon hyung's car! I should call Yoongi hyung now." As he starts dialling Yoongi's number, Jimin drives upfront. "J-Jungkook?" Jungkook's eyes widen in disbelief. "It's you?"

The car ride is quiet for a good 15 minutes, before Jimin breaks the silence. "So, how is your father doing? I heard your mother passed away that year, when you moved away." Jungkook sniffles. "He remarried, to Namjoon hyung's mother. Namjoon hyung is my step brother. I missed you, hyung." Jimin Jungkook's head fondly. "I miss you too, I've always thought of you." He drives up to offer Jungkook's mother some offerings, and gives Jungkook a warm hug. "Hyung will always be here for you, whenever you need me." Jungkook leans into Jimin's gentle touch. "Thank you, hyung."

Namjoon smiles while video-calling Jungkook. Taehyung screams into the phone, asking Jimin for more details about his "first love in elementary school", Seokjin gently holds Namjoon's hands, and leans onto his shoulder.

"Being a grouch is so old fashioned, I'd choose your happy town any day, Seokjin hyung. Maybe I should bring Yoongi hyung over here. He needs this therapy. ASAP." Namjoon mumbles into Seokjin's hair. "Thank you for taking care of me."