first meeting

Old Fashioned

The familiar sound of a car tyre screeching to a halt enters Namjoon's ears before he could stop the car himself.

"Dang it. This is the third time it's happening this month!" He irritatedly swings his door open to check his tyres. "They're busted. What do i do now? I don't have a spare, I can't even get to the meeting!"

Just then, Namjoon spots an alluring male from the corner of his eye. "Do you need any help, uh..." "Namjoon. My name is Namjoon. My car tyre just got busted for the third time in this month. I'll need a ride to the nearest town, it's getting pretty late and I can't get to my meeting."

The attractive man giggles, covering his mouth. "That's not a problem. Here, get in. I could call a tow truck for you later. By the way, I'm Seokjin."

 

Seokjin pulls up to a gas station, motioning for Namjoon to come outside for a drink. Namjoon follows along, opening the door for Seokjin. "Drinks are on me. It's the least I could do for your favour." 

Namjoon grabs a lemon soda and Seokjin chooses an iced caramel macchiato. Namjoon comments on how iced coffee is for "typical white girls" and Seokjin howls in laughter. "I realised you laugh really, really often. Are you always like this?" Namjoon cracks a smile. 

"Seems like Mr Uptight here hasn't gotten his daily dose of laughter yet. In my town, everyone makes the best of their day." Seokjin smiles fondly.

Although Namjoon seemed like a grouch, he yearned to be happy. Seeing how a grown man can laugh at simple things in life made him realise that life was not all about achievement and success, it was about the finer things.

Back in his hometown, people were offended by the silliest things and there was frequent violence and unhappiness. He began getting used to that lifestyle, and never thought of changing it.

Breaking his train of thought, his phone starts to ring. "Where the hell did you go off to? Did you meet Mr Jung?" A tired voice comes over the phone. "Sorry Yoongi, my tyres blew. I'm in the area. Text me the location, I'll find my way and apologise by tomorrow morning."

Yoongi groans. "God.. you're really the God of Destruction, Kim Namjoon. Alright. How are you going to spend the night? Do you have any place to go? Need a hotel?" Namjoon sighs, "I'll find a way. Take a breather, hyung. It's all good." Yoongi begrudgedly grunts and hangs up.

Seokjin taps Namjoon on the back and smiles. "You can come over. I have a guest room. My brother's at home though, he can be kind of noisy. If that's fine with you." Namjoon grins. "I couldn't thank you more, Seokjin. I appreciate your help." "It's Seokjin hyung for you, I'm born in '92."

 

"Hyung!! You're home!" Taehyung throws himself onto Seokjin, nuzzling his head in his chest. Namjoon's eyes widen at how close the siblings were, and makes a sad smile. His step brother Jungkook was never friendly with him, probably because work was tiring enough as it is, and he didn't have time to get close to his younger brother.

"Who is this crabby looking uncle?" Seokjin flicks Taehyung on the nose. "He's Namjoon, from Seoul. His car broke down so I gave him a lift." Taehyung makes an ":o" face and walks to the kitchen, opening the fridge. "Want a fruit? Catch!" Namjoon opens his arms out of surprise and catches a lemon. Taehyung gapes at his accuracy. "Namjoon hyung! Why was the lemon feeling depressed? Because she lost her zest for life!" Namjoon snickers out of embarrassment. "That's a really crappy joke, but it was funny." Taehyung cackles on the way back to his room. "Lost her zest for life! Ha!"

Seokjin leads Namjoon into the guest room and takes some shower gels and a towel for him to freshen up. "You're a size bigger than I am, so I don't know if you'll fit. You should have an early night, I overheard your call. Did you need to see Hoseok? I can help you out with that." Namjoon grabs onto Seokjin's hand and stretches his hand to Seokjin's head. "You have such a pretty face and beautiful personality. I can't deny that I'm attracted to you, Seokjin hyung." Seokjin blushes and closes the door.