1/1

It's His Last Day

This morning, Jungkook had been in a steamy morning, not like usual. Taehyung had been showering him with kisses all over his face. He knew that Jungkook was easily tickled. Not that Jungkook didn’t like the kisses, but it was hard to enjoy such affections when you were giggling constantly.

“What’s with you today?” Jungkook managed to say. Taehyung just muffled a ‘no’ in his neck. He breathed in a soapy smell came from the younger neck, just because Jungkook was too meticulous to neglect the morning bath for later.

“I don’t want to bake you cookies like yesterday,” he noted as he leaped to nearby sofa. “I don’t want to mess with Seokjin hyung’s oven again.”

“No, Jungkook, I want nothing but you today,” Taehyung sang to Jungkook’s ear. The said Jungkook laughed.

“How sweet.”

“Can we cuddle like this all day? Please?”

Jungkook shook his head with disappointment. Unfortunately, he had his job, sitting in his office desk, waiting to be done. Jungkook had skipped a few days in this month already, so he didn’t want to make his boss had a chance to fire him. Seokjin was nice, Jungkook thought, but he was his boss, and even though their relationship was too far to be called a boss and his worker, still, Jungkook cared to his reputation a lot.

“Sorry, Taehyung, but I have a lot to do in the office—“

“Ah, you are no fun,” Taehyung pouted. Jungkook was too used to this action these days; he knew the older didn’t mean it.

“I know, I am,” Jungkook played along. “I’ll be over by afternoon, I promise. Three in the afternoon, okay? I will bring your favourite bubble tea, okay?”

Taehyung said nothing and pulled Jungkook into his embrace. He kissed the younger right in his lips, put on a few pecks before Jungkook voluntarily opened his mouth to let Taehyung explored deeper. He Jungkook’s bottom lip before he bit it gently, he made sure that it wouldn’t bruise since Jungkook’s was going to work one hour later. But a simple bite was enough to make a moan slipped out from Jungkook’s mouth.

Jungkook slid his fingers to Taehyung’s light brown hair, feeling the softness, and pulled their body even tighter. He tilted his face, finding a better angle to kissed Taehyung comfortably. He started to giggle when Taehyung ran his lips along Jungkook’s sharp jawline, with only his lips, so it wouldn’t leave a mark later.

“Hyung, I need to get ready,” said Jungkook when he felt Taehyung’s fingers started to move around under his shirt.

“Mhm,” mumbled, Taehyung gave him the last nip on Jungkook left ear before he let the younger go. “Don’t go.”

“Seriously, what’s with you today, Hyung,” Jungkook kissed him for the last time, and he went to the bathroom to changed his clothes. He could hear Taehyung groaned on the sofa, probably with closed eyes and head lazily rested on the square pillows on the sofa.

Jungkook might be lamenting his choice to go to work, because when he went home at three in the afternoon, Taehyung was nowhere to be found. Jungkook hastily opened every room in the apartment, but he still couldn’t find Taehyung. Jungkook sighed. He couldn’t be in that house again. Frowning, Jungkook decided to check on his previous thought. He grabbed the plastic bag with strawberry flavoured bubble tea inside it, and left his apartment with only slippers.

That house was not too far from his new apartment. Well, it was far if you go by foot, though. After a good ten minutes, sweaty Jungkook arrived in front of a large house. A ‘no enter’ sign was loosely hanged on the mossy gate. The front garden was jam-packed with wild grasses. After he made sure nobody was watching, Jungkook climbed the rusty gate. He didn’t waste his time to look around the garden, because he was sure that Taehyung wouldn’t be there. He went straight inside the house. The key for the front door was still on the same place after these times. It was under the first pot in the left side, now filled with nasty plants and grasses. Jungkook successfully unlocked the house, and he stepped inside.

“Taehyung?”

Jungkook’s voice echoed. Even though he knew nothing would happen to him inside this house, it still unnerving him by his own echoing voice.

“Taehyung, I bought you a bubble tea,” he said again. He lifted the plastic bag for no reason. “I thought you might be like it, but, you are not at home, so I take that as a no?”

Jungkook swept the large living room with his glance. The dusty sofas were still on the same place, and also the cupboards, and the bookshelves. He suddenly saw Taehyung on the top of the glorious stair.

“I want bubble tea,” Jungkook could hear his deep voice echoing. Taehyung slid down on the stair’s handle and suddenly popped out in front of Jungkook. He grinned, and asking for his bubble tea. Jungkook grinned back, but he didn’t give him the bubble tea yet.

“Why are you here again?”

“Because I miss you, and when I miss you I will go to your room,” Taehyung smiled, showing a row of perfect white-pearly teeth.

“But my room is not in this house anymore,” Jungkook sighed. They had been having this argument again and again. “My room is in that one, the one in the sixth floor.”

“Here is better, Jungkookie, because I belong in here, not there.” Taehyung placed both his palms to Jungkook’s flushed cheeks. It was warm.

“But you love me, right? And you follow me to that house, because you love me, right?”

“I do, Jungkook, I do love you,” Taehyung said calmly. “But, look, my right place is here, and not there. By moving there means I forced myself to—“

“Then what? It’s not like you will disappear because of that, don’t you?”

Jungkook’s heart dropped when he saw the elder’s expression.

“What, don’t say it’s true—“

“It is, Jungkook.”

“No,” Jungkook shook his head in disbelief. He didn’t realize that the plastic bag was fell from his hand. “No, no, Hyung, you just make it up. It is not true. Tell me you are joking.”

But Taehyung just smiled sadly. His unnatural calm expression was the one that would haunt Jungkook the most in his dreams. Jungkook would remember how his hyung’s skin shimmered radiantly, how it was very beautiful yet Jungkook hated it the most.

“I love you, Jungkook,” he said. He kissed the younger’s wet cheeks and chuckled. “What, don’t cry!”

But Jungkook was weeping on Taehyung’s shoulder, he couldn’t manage any single word. He neglected the fact that he was a 26 year old man, and he was clutching to Taehyung like his life was depending on him.

And in fact, it was. With Taehyung’s loss, Jungkook could lost his luck, his fortune, or even his own life. A zashiki warashi like Taehyung was meant to be a protector, a charm to invite great fortune. But Jungkook had fallen in love with the spirit, and it caused his parents death. Now Jungkook had lost his precious person for the second time.

“I,” Taehyung kissed Jungkook’s eye.

“Love,” Taehyung kissed Jungkook’s nose.

“You,” Taehyung grinned, before he kissed Jungkook’s lips.

They parted, and Jungkook cried more.

“I love you, Jungkook, really.” Taehyung kissed Jungkook in his lips for the very last time. The latter parted his lips, and Taehyung got the signal. For the last time, Taehyung kissed Jungkook’s neck and slowly moved to his collarbones, planting soft kisses, and marking every here and there. Jungkook yearned, wanted to do more, but Taehyung’s mouth was back to his lips.

“Goodbye, Jungkook. Will you miss me?” Taehyung raised his eyebrows in the same playful way like every morning they would do.

Jungkook saw him sparked, and bursting into beautiful colours. Jungkook’s eyes had been puffy red for the past hours, now he didn’t have any tears left, he just simply sat and looked at the sparkling colours in awe. Kim Taehyung just shattered into nothingness, and Jungkook was left alone by himself.

“I will.”