花吐き病

花吐き病

 

 


 

             “The only cure to this is to find the one you love and kiss them.”

            Daehyun was just strolling on the streets as he thought back about what the magician told him. Daehyun was the 2nd prince of this country and he has always been known for how mischievous he is along with how powerful he mastered his magic only to use them to prank people.

            Now, he is only known as the traitor of this country. He sort of went on the wrong path when he was trying to be on equal standing as Yongguk. Then, he faked his death so he didn’t need to face Yongguk’s doubts and interrogations.

            Yes, he escaped once again.

            His magic is still top graded, since he managed to make everyone believe his death and probably even made Yongguk mourn for his death. Everything went wrong when Daehyun found out about his identity of being the prince of a fallen country. He was only brought back as a slave until Yongguk saved him somehow, and the queen made him the brother of Yongguk.

            Suddenly, everything is clear in Daehyun’s mind. No wonder the king never bothered looking at him since young, no wonder everything was so biased towards Yongguk. He wasn’t meant to survive. He was just a slave, that somehow fell in love with the prince that saved him. He’s a disgusting and lowly being in this country.

            Then, with his shaken and lost heart and mind, he managed to be brought down into pits of abyss by their enemies. Well, Daehyun killed them all in the end and the only thing he caused was chaos around the borders. However, they only saw that as one of Daehyun’s tricks and declared Daehyun as a traitor. Looking at Yongguk’s eyes made him realize how disgusting he is.

            So he escaped, not being able to handle Yongguk’s judgement. He left the capitol and hid in this town, right under Yongguk’s eyes but he wouldn’t be able to find him.

            Currently, he is under a spell or curse that requires him to find the one he loves and get a kiss if he doesn’t want to die. This magic, which Daehyun prefers to call it curse, does not have any other solutions or cures to it. People under this magic will cough out flowers until they die. The flowers grow in you, taking your life away every time you cough them out. The worst part to this is that it won’t work if the one you love doesn’t love you back.

            There’s no news worse than this for Daehyun since he couldn’t tell the one he loves about this and there’s no way for the one he loves to love him back. Before he could continue his thoughts., his throat itched and he started coughing again.

            The feeling of something growing in his throat, thin and tiny, caused him to gag and flowers came out from his mouth. When he stopped, he picked the flowers up since this condition transmits through contact with these flowers coughed out by people infected. These light purple flowers looked as if they were just plucked, pretty and fresh with some dew remaining – oh, the dew is red. It’s Daehyun’s blood.

            “Rose of Sharon, Syrian Mallow, Althaea Frutex, consumed by love.” The magician chuckled. “You will really be consumed by love if you don’t find that person quick.”

            “Hey, Daehyun?” Daehyun looked up to see Himchan standing there, doubting if this is reality and he smiled, ignoring the pain in his throat along with the slight blood taste in his mouth. “Hyung, I got flowers for you.” Himchan just received them without much hesitation and pulled Daehyun into a tight hug.

            “They said you died.” Himchan grumbled as he stared at Daehyun intensely, not releasing his grip, worried that Daehyun will disappear again if he did. Daehyun’s heart clenched at that, since they are the only ones that really cared for him. He missed them. “Commander, I am a traitor.” Daehyun mumbled and Himchan rolled his eyes. “Didn’t you kill them in the end? What happened? Why did you make those decisions, knowing that it will ruin you?”

            “I was never a good person. I will do anything in my favor.” Daehyun replied, before he leaned forward with a playful smirk. “Hyung, before that, you need to worry about yourself.” Daehyun explained everything and Himchan raised his brows.

            His throat itched and before he could react, he coughed out a bunch of yarrow. “Everlasting love, I didn’t expect that.” Daehyun mused before he continued. “I assume hyung wouldn’t hand me over to the prince?” Daehyun asked and Himchan tighten his hold. “Don’t go anywhere else. Youngjae would be happy to see you. It’s so quiet and peaceful without you around.”

            Everything just felt so ridiculous suddenly and Himchan is still processing everything. Daehyun got brought back to Himchan’s house and he just relaxed on the sofa. It’s been so long since he talked to someone so relaxingly.  “Aren’t you going to Youngjae for your kiss?” Daehyun asked suddenly and Himchan raised his brows. “It’s too obvious.”

            “That’s because we have feelings for each other so worry about yourself.” Himchan spat but frowned the next moment. Yes, Daehyun knew before he did this prank since he never really hurt anyone close to him but who is Daehyun’s cure?

            Meanwhile, Daehyun made himself comfortable on the sofa and Himchan frowned when he heard the constant coughs coming from Daehyun. “Why do you keep coughing?” It seems as if Daehyun’s condition is worse than his and he couldn’t understand why. “Who knows? Maybe because I am the one that started this?” Daehyun shrugged at that. “Will I be like this a few days later?”

            Himchan motioned to the blood on Daehyun’s flowers and he got another shrug. “Maybe not, the first flower I coughed out is already like this.” That caused Himchan’s frown to deepen. “Then why are you still here instead of going to the one you love?”

            That’s when Daehyun’s smile impacted Himchan for the first time. It’s such a hopeless smile. “It will be useless even if I went, that’s why.” Before they could continue, Himchan had to open the door for Youngjae and he looked over at the sofa to realized that Daehyun’s gone.

            It’s normal since he is a magician, Daehyun just appears whenever he likes to and disappears whenever he wishes. “What’s wrong?” Youngjae asked as he walked into the kitchen. “I didn’t know you like yarrows.” Himchan rushed over at that comment. There weren’t any flowers left when Daehyun disappeared. “Don’t touch them.” Himchan shouted and Youngjae just judged Himchan’s huge reaction.

            Though, Youngjae soon saw yarrows being coughed out by Himchan and he just stared at Himchan for an explanation. “This condition is contagious and the flowers transmit this condition. So now, leave these flowers alone.” Himchan wouldn’t want to make things worse. “And the cure?”

            “Find someone you like and get a kiss.” Himchan replied and Youngjae chuckled. “I would’ve thought that it would be getting laid instead. Are you confessing to me right now? With this new magic trick.” Himchan just stared at Youngjae and smiled. “You could take it that way.”

            Daehyun left the house at this point since there’s no purpose for him being there anymore. He soon realized that it would have been better for him to stay at Himchan’s house and let the couple blind him than coming out. Currently, he is invisible to people so this particular couple didn’t realize that he is right in front of them.

            His throat constricted as he felt root like things growing in him and he barely managed to teleport away before flowers rushed out from his mouth. This time, his coughing fit lasted longer and he blamed that on the disgusting couple; Yongguk. Then, he laughed, that’s not right. He is the disgusting one.

            When he went back to Himchan’s house after that, Himchan only wondered how did Daehyun come back safely instead of falling into the drain or banging himself into the wall. The unfocused orbs and pale features screamed that Daehyun been through something during this short outing.

            “I think; I am really going to die this time.” Daehyun sat onto the sofa and Himchan raised his brows. “Yongguk loves a female, his new found girlfriend.” Daehyun closed his eyes and leaned back tiredly. “Yongguk?” Himchan got the main point instantly.

            Who would have thought that the 2nd prince of this country would be in love with their future king? It’s no secret now that they aren’t blood related, however, that doesn’t change the fact that this news is overwhelming. “Disgusting right? I’ve been wanting to get laid by a guy and, not to mention, my own brother.”

            “I am destined to die this time.” Daehyun mumbled softly and fell to the side. Himchan caught him and placed him in a comfortable position on the sofa gently. “You aren’t disgusting.” Himchan whispered as he ran his fingers through Daehyun’s hair. Feeling the slightly higher temperature, Himchan frowned and placed an icepack on Daehyun’s forehead as he rest.

            This condition is really taking a toll on Daehyun. Daehyun originally had lower temperature so the fact that Himchan could feel him burning up is making things worrisome. Besides, it’s seldom to see him just faint suddenly, since he would normally hide everything from them and would teleport back to his chamber even if he is about to faint. “You and your useless pride.” Himchan grumbled.

            Daehyun wasn’t too bad of a housemate, especially when he can just clean the house with a flick of his fingers. “Why hadn’t he kiss you yet?” Daehyun asked suddenly and Himchan shrugged. “He needs time to think about our relationship. He is this country’s advisor while I am a warrior. If war happens, he will be at a very irritating position.”

            “Heh, how sweet.” Daehyun sighed as he looked at the flowers around. The flowers coughed out by Himchan got lesser. His condition was originally better than Daehyun and just confessing helped with the condition. Daehyun swear that they are going to end up together, it’s just a kiss sooner or later.

            Meanwhile, Daehyun knew that his condition is getting worse. The amount of flowers he coughed out only increased. Daehyun just blamed it on Yongguk since he must be busy dating with his new girlfriend and might as well hug and kiss while they are at it.

            From Himchan, Daehyun realized that if both of them have feelings for each other, the condition wouldn’t be to serious even if that person got this weird magic.

            Himchan was just thinking about what Youngjae said this morning. Yongguk would be coming to this town, with his girlfriend for a conference. Yongguk requested for them to meet so he can introduce her to them. Him coming over was good news for Daehyun, excluding the girlfriend.

            “Yongguk is coming.” Himchan started suddenly and Daehyun clenched his fist unknowingly. “And your point is?” Himchan sighed. “He is the only one that can help you with this magic.” Daehyun then scoffed. “I am supposed to be dead, remember?”

            “He would be delighted to know that you are still alive.” Himchan persuaded but Daehyun shook his head. “Don’t think that everyone would be as good as you and Youngjae. I wouldn’t beg for his help, never. Besides, whether or not he can help is still another problem.”

            “You are important to him.” Himchan continued desperately. “He wishes for you to return and turn over a new leaf.”

            “That’s where our problem lies. He will never understand me. And now,” Daehyun smiled, emotions hidden deep. “I’ve lost his trust and he will never be able to change me.” Himchan noticed how tears welled up in Daehyun’s eyes. “Like how I can never change him for the past years together.”

            Himchan just pulled him into a hug and patted Daehyun’s back gently. “Either way, you should go meet him at least once.” Yongguk’s the only one able to save Daehyun, they should meet. Daehyun just closed his eyes tiredly.

            -

            Meanwhile, Yongguk released his grip on the female in front of him. “Feeling better?” She asked and Yongguk nodded. “Thanks.” Following Daehyun’s death, Yongguk has been in a constant state of depression and anxiety and it’s gotten worse since he came here.

            “Seems like it’s very hard on you, having to act as my boyfriend.” Yongguk just smiled tiredly. “It’s an honor, Hyosung noona. It serves as a distraction to me and also my gratitude for being my psychiatrist.” Hyosung just chuckled and sat down casually.

            This started when Yongguk went to Hyosung for help. He was honestly going crazy after Daehyun died. There wasn’t any other psychiatrist that he could go to. It wasn’t as if Hyosung had any reasons to reject Yongguk so she became his personal doctor. The news of them dating was let out by Hyosung to stop her father from forcing marriage onto her.

            The thought that they will one day be separated has never ever crossed Yongguk’s mind before. Even though Daehyun did many things that are seemingly bad or shouldn’t be done, Yongguk still couldn’t imagine a life without him. His mischievous and sly brother that always looks at him with those bright orbs. The evil little that hides behind an innocent smile.

            He doesn’t even know how it ended up like this. He can still remember times with Daehyun so clearly. When they were younger, Daehyun would run about the garden barefooted before coming to Yongguk with a cheeky grin. “Hyung always loses at hide and seek, you will never be able to find me as long as I don’t want you to.”

            When they grew, Daehyun started masking himself with this perfect smile. Daehyun wouldn’t run about barefooted anymore but it’s still the same as when they are younger; As long as Daehyun wishes, Yongguk could never understand him.

            Yongguk would either lose sleep or get nightmares every night. Sometimes it would be young Daehyun standing in the garden with a smile so innocent and cute saying, “You will never be able to find me.”; Or it might also be when they grew up and Daehyun just playing pranks on them and laughing at their stupidity; Then it will be Daehyun in the battlefield, face paled from the injury and apologizing. “Sorry, I am the idiot.”

            These nightmares were enough to kill him hundred and thousands of times

            “Hey, Bbang.” Yongguk got brought back from his trance and collected himself quickly. They are currently outside the venue of the conference for doctors to gather around and bond. Hyosung went in alone since Yongguk doesn’t like occasions like this.

            Himchan looked around to see if Daehyun’s around. He reminded Daehyun about this again yesterday and told him that he could follow secretly if he wants to but Daehyun just rejected. However, Himchan could see the slight hopefulness in those orbs.

            He couldn’t see Daehyun anywhere. It could’ve been that he didn’t come or maybe he is just hiding somewhere; Himchan wished it was the latter. He realized this morning that the flowers coughed out by Daehyun is no longer as bright and pretty as before.

            The tips of the petals are starting to curl from the loss of moisture and the flowers are beginning to wilt. Even though he doesn’t know much about this magic, instinct tells him that it wouldn’t be too good for Daehyun when it withers totally.

            Not too far from them stood Daehyun. He shook his head slightly when he saw Himchan looking around for him. Turning slightly, he looked at the one standing in front of Himchan. Yongguk. He wasn’t sure if it’s because of the magic, but his eyes felt uncomfortable.

            Daehyun’s actually not too far from Yongguk, it’s just that he hid himself properly with his magic. However, watching him send Hyosung into the venue, he felt that their distance was huge like the moon and the sun. The flowers that he couldn’t stop from escaping his mouth is wilting as how Himchan observed. Maybe he should pay Yongguk a visit after all.

            “Yongguk will stay here for 2 weeks.” Himchan started when he came back. “Or maybe you already knew.” Daehyun chose to remain silent about that and Himchan doesn’t mind. “Are you not going to meet him?” There was a long pause before Daehyun spoke. “Yes, I will.” But how they are going to meet would be different from how Himchan thought they would.

            Yongguk realized that he is dreaming about Daehyun again. This isn’t anything new, he had been dreaming about him since that day, he never realized that he had so much memories with Daehyun, from when they are young until he died. However, this time round, it wasn’t just any piece of memories. Daehyun is just standing in front of him with his usual expression.

            “Hey, hyung.” Daehyun started. “Have you missed me?” Yongguk could feel his hands shaking and he slowly reached over to rub the back of Daehyun’s neck like he always did as he chanted his name. He wasn’t sure if it was his hallucinations but he thought Daehyun had tears welled up in his eyes. That was his usual expression when he was trying to cheat Yongguk into forgiving his pranks.

            When Yongguk calls him again and again, following with the warmth that spread around the back of his neck, Daehyun felt so small and sad suddenly. Daehyun could only keep his eyes open to stop his tears from falling. “Did you mourn for my death?”

            Replying him was Yongguk’s crushing hug that hurts, but it made him felt warmed. Daehyun has always thought that Yongguk resembled the sun. Daehyun wasn’t stupid, he realized that he is in love with Yongguk since a long time before he decided to fake his death it was just his pride preventing him from admitting it.

            “Kiss me?” Daehyun joked but when Yongguk told him to stop joking around, the sadness and pain that spread around his chest was too much to ignore. Yongguk didn’t know that it was Daehyun trying his luck and this is the only time he will try.

            Yongguk always thought that Daehyun cries a lot, whether they were real tears or faked ones. He had indeed seen lots of Daehyun’s tears, but none of them impacted him as much as this time. Even though he couldn’t see Daehyun’s face buried in his shoulder, but he could feel the warm wetness of the tears spreading and slowly making their ways into his heart as knives.

            Then he didn’t even dare to take a look at Daehyun’s face, he could only rub Daehyun’s back gently like how he comforted Daehyun when they were younger.

            After that, Yongguk was woken up by Hyosung and her worried gaze filled his sight. “You don’t look too well. Why are you crying?” It was then that Yongguk realized that he cried. “I am fine. I think I just had a dream.”

            When Himchan saw Daehyun, his eyes and nose were red and he knew. “You went to meet Yongguk.” Daehyun nodded slightly. “I met him in his dream.” Daehyun coughed painfully and flowers fell to the floor. “So, you went to his dream just to cry?” Himchan mumbled as he noticed the blood on the flowers.

            The blood on the flowers looked like they were used to nourish them, however, that doesn’t stop them from wilting. Cleaning the flowers up for Daehyun, he swept them into a plastic bag and tied it up swiftly. By the time he was done, Daehyun was already sitting by the window, resting with his eyes closed and leaned back comfortably on the chair as he enjoyed the warmth from the sun shining in.

            This magic should have another name, Himchan thought. This magic is so cruel. Those beautiful flowers stuck their roots into your heart and slicing your throat with their stem and bloom by your lips; taking away your life. This magic should be called “Killed by love”.

            “Youngjae and I got together.” Himchan started and Daehyun looked over briefly. “That’s great, he finally kissed you and remove your curse. In an instant, Daehyun appeared in front of Himchan and gave him a hug. “Congratulations, you guys would be fine.” When Daehyun pulled away, Himchan saw a genuine smile on Daehyun’s face and he sighed.

            Why can’t Yongguk and Daehyun be like him and Youngjae?

            Moonlight shone from the window and allowed Daehyun to see Yongguk’s face clearly. Daehyun made use of his magic to make Yongguk asleep. He has become fond of these meetings recently and continued even when Yongguk went back to the palace. It might lessen the pain of the magic on him; Daehyun found an excuse for himself and he despise himself for it.

            He once laughed at Yongguk, when he told Daehyun that he yearns for a lover. He told him that love will make people weak and he doesn’t want it. Yongguk is weak thanks to Hyosung and he is weak thanks to Yongguk. This determined that he is more pathetic than Yongguk.

            Daehyun stepped nearer and caressed Yongguk’s cheeks, feeling the warm spread on his palm. Daehyun’s temperature is always lower, even under the warm sun. Yongguk noticed it when they were just kids. That’s why he would often sneak into Daehyun’s chamber and crawl under Daehyun’s blankets just to hug Daehyun to sleep.

            “Hyung, I’ve said this a lot of time, I am fine and I am not cold.” Yongguk just patted Daehyun’s head as he cooed. “Shh, but you are cold, are you really fine?” Yongguk frowned slightly. Daehyun’s younger than him and he always felt the strong need to take a good care of him.

            Daehyun’s soft and cooling, Yongguk thought, not wanting to let go of him. “But I’ve already sneak here for you, I want to be with you.” Daehyun was happy from those simple words and he nodded slightly to approve of Yongguk staying in his bed.

            Those were the warm memories of them, those that Daehyun thought had forgotten but were just instead hidden deep in his memories; memories that belonged only to them. Maybe the queen knew of Yongguk’s actions but the gentle and loving queen didn’t forbid Yongguk’s actions.

            The hand on Yongguk’s face froze for a moment. But the queen is now dead and Yongguk’s hugs no longer belonged to him. Even his lower temperature got an explanation; All of these just because he is a slave from the fallen country, he only belonged to that cold and wasted land.

            As they grew, Yongguk started hanging out more with his warrior friends and sometimes even stayed out whole night hunting. Meanwhile Daehyun just studied magic in his chamber and his magic is one of the best in the country. But that couldn’t change anything. Everyone, including Yongguk, thinks of this as just tricks.

            Daehyun realized that the distance between Yongguk and him is getting bigger as those childhood times together went further back into their memories. Maybe Yongguk didn’t realize or just doesn’t care about it. All Daehyun wanted was to be equal to Yongguk and not always be behind him as his shadow, he wants to stand by Yongguk.

            However, he was too rushed in trying to prove himself and ended up jumping into the abyss. People around start to think of him as someone greedy for power, sly and evil. It didn’t matter, Daehyun has never thought of himself as someone kind and nice. But Yongguk doesn’t understand, he only wanted to protect the kinship that’s worthless in Daehyun’s eyes.

            The angered Daehyun could stab Yongguk in his guts swiftly, this made the weight on his chest lighter as much as this hurts him. He wasted their relationship as he revenged on others and himself. In the end, Yongguk looked at him with such scrutiny and distrust.

            “I will kill you, if you ever betray me.” Daehyun just scoffed as he looked away, his heart hollow and numb.

            “Yongguk.” Daehyun sighed as he collected those memories. “Hyung.”

            Yongguk felt like he was fast asleep. He used felt because it was as if his consciousness was being held down by something. There’s a very familiar presence by his side but he just couldn’t wake up. He thought he heard Daehyun’s voice, passing through the fog in his consciousness and reaching him hazily.

            His eyes shot open, the room was empty and there wasn’t anyone around.

            When Himchan woke up in the middle of the night, he saw a flash of silvery grey light and he sat up on his bed. Daehyun is back, the someone that instead of sleeping, went out and wandered about in the middle of the night. Following his return was a series of pained cough and flowers falling on the floor.

            Those flowers have almost wilted totally. “You went to see Yongguk again?” Himchan looked at the flowers and Daehyun worriedly. “Passed by.” Daehyun squeezed out before cleaning the flowers. “I will be staying home tomorrow.” Daehyun informed Himchan since he realized that as his life is taken away by the flowers, his magic can no longer allow him to go back and forth a whole town.

            Himchan just nodded, not telling him that he will be meeting Yongguk tomorrow.

            Yongguk arrived slightly later at the café they usually hang out at and smiled apologetically. “It’s okay. Sit down, I have something to say.” Himchan just ordered another cup of espresso since he already finished his first cup. “Have you heard of this magic that causes you to cough out flowers and requires you to find your lover and get a kiss or you will die?” Himchan started and Yongguk nodded.

            That story wasn’t common but he heard of it from his mother before when he was younger. “Then, if I told you that Daehyun is still alive and that he got that magic onto himself accidentally so he is currently living at my house, will you trust my words?” Yongguk’s mind just went blank when Himchan finished saying it.

            Daehyun isn’t dead, his brother managed to fool him once again. But he wasn’t mad, he was elated to hear the news of him being alive. Before Himchan could even figure the sudden silence, he was pulled along when Yongguk dashed out of the café and pushed him into the cart.

            “So Daehyun’s alive and he is at your house right now? Who dares to reject the 2nd prince of this country?” Yongguk growled and Himchan sighed. “It has to be mutual, the love, or it will not work.” Then Yongguk realized that Daehyun has someone in his heart but that person doesn’t like him back and he is dying because of that.

            That thought caused his chest to feel tight for some unknown reasons. When he was really in Himchan’s house though, was when he just stood outside where Daehyun’s in and just hesitated. The anticipation was making him nervous and when he finally pushed the door open, the pained coughs caused his brows to tighten.

            Daehyun’s currently back facing him and coughing against the table and flowers are lying beneath his feet. When Daehyun heard the door, he was busy coughing his lungs out and he cursed. This magic is like taking so much of his magic and energy, nowadays it’s as if his lungs are about to come out along with the flowers. His head pounded and he could even smell the blood around. Turning around, he didn’t expect to see Yongguk standing there.

            “Why are you here?” Daehyun exclaimed. His vision is still slightly blurry and he blinked a few more times to clear it. “Disappointing eh? Seeing me alive.” Yongguk ignored the words coming from Daehyun. All that caught his attention was the red on Daehyun’s lips that caused him to hurt just by looking at it.

            Daehyun likes to lie. The words coming out from the luscious lips are always difficult to differentiate from lies and truth. However, right now, his lips are pale as if all blood left and is now hanging by his chin.

            “Daehyun.” Yongguk took a few steps forward only to stop again. He saw Daehyun’s eyes and it contained sadness, like he was lost and other things that he couldn’t understand. This is Daehyun, the one that he promised to protect is now standing in front of him, pale with blood hanging by his lips and chin and looking like a lost kid.

            Yongguk raised his arm and cupped Daehyun’s face, wiping the blood away. “What happened?” Daehyun cursed inwardly when he noticed the blood on Yongugk’s finger. He doesn’t want Yongguk to see his pathetic state. Neither does he want to let Yongguk know about that stupid magic, he already has his girlfriend. Letting Yongguk know about his feelings would also be impossible since that would only trample his remaining pride.

            “Stay away from me.” Daehyun couldn’t take their distance and tried pushing Yongguk away. Standing so close to Yongguk is causing him to instinctively wants to tell Yongguk about his feelings so he could get rid of this stupid magic. However, Yongguk grabbed him by his arms to stop him and Yongguk’s eyes widened. Daehyun’s so cold.

            “Where’s your magic?” If it was before, Daehyun would’ve just disappeared instead of being trapped in front of him looking so frail. Even though Daehyun had a lower body temperature, he had never felt so cold before. These are all shouting at Yongguk to do something before Daehyun really leaves him again.

            However, Daehyun just struggled against his grip. “Let go of me.” Daehyun is rejecting Yongguk’s touch, realizing this, Yongguk felt angry somehow. Daehyun has never rejected Yongguk’s touch, it’s like a kid loving sweets but also afraid of getting toothache; wanting to stay away but also clinging tightly onto it. “You said you love me, then why are you rejecting my touches?”

            That’s exactly where everything is wrong. Daehyun laughed at himself. Daehyun relaxed suddenly and Yongguk loosened his grip. That’s when Daehyun got away and a flash of silvery light surrounded him. When it went away, Daehyun turned into a girl and wrapped his hands around Yongguk. “Yes, I love you, why do you doubt that?”

            With a sly smile, Daehyun’s hand wandered about his back feeling the slightly toned muscles. “What do you think of me and your girlfriend?” Daehyun’s hands got stopped by a strong grip that hurt. “Stop joking around, both of you aren’t comparable.”

            Daehyun froze at that sentence but still kept the smile on his face. “Turn back.” Daehyun shrugged and turned back since he couldn’t hold on any longer. “Just a joke, you wouldn’t mind right?” That caused Yongguk’s blood to boil. Why is everything a joke to Daehyun?

            Standing here is not helping and Yongguk is sure that he needs to move a little before Daehyun successfully annoys him. Without any hesitation, Yongguk dragged Daehyun out and only stopped when they are at the alley outside. That was enough time for him to calm down and he pinned Daehyun against the wall.

            “Tell me, who is the one you love?” Yongguk asked and Daehyun looked shocked and hopeless. “So you knew?” Daehyun mumbled as he backed away slightly, pressing his back further onto the wall. “Yes and it’s ridiculous.” The fact that Daehyun’s hiding here and not going to the person is ridiculous.

            “Is it? You feel that this is ridiculous?” Daehyun retorted and Yongguk noticed how the shine in Daehyun’s eyes are totally gone now. Yongguk didn’t expect Daehyun to have such reactions and his anger is now totally dissipated and he is at loss of what to do.

            Daehyun is at a loss of what to do too, he is being troubled by an emotion that he doesn’t understand and all Yongguk does is add to his trouble. Realizing that, Yongguk loosen his grip. “I am sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Daehyun just scoffed and pushed Yongguk slightly. “Get lost, I don’t need your pity.”

            With that, Daehyun walked away and Yongguk doesn’t know how to stop him. It was when Daehyun almost stepped out of the alley that he stopped suddenly. Before Yongguk could even question, Daehyun fell to the ground as if all his energy was taken out from his body.

            “Daehyun ah.” Yongguk could feel his hands and legs turning cold at that sight and he rushed over, picking Daehyun up gently. Please don’t leave him again, he wouldn’t be able to handle it. “Who is it, tell me who is it.” Yongguk shouted when he barged into Himchan’s house.

            The noisiness woke Daehyun up and he groaned. “What are you rambling out again?” It came out so weak that Daehyun wants to slap himself. “Soon, I won’t be able to annoy you anymore as you wished.” Right after Daehyun said that, he felt as if his oxygen source has been robbed off and was just panting. “Shut up, can’t you learn to talk lesser?”

            Yongguk and Daehyun turned to look at Himchan together. One anxious for answer and one warning Himchan to not do anything redundant. “It’s you, only you can save him.” Himchan decided to bet on Yongguk for once and hope that he would be able to save Daehyun. Hearing that, Yongguk stoned and Daehyun just closed his eyes.

            Now he needs to let Yongguk reject him all over again and get his pride trampled on moments before his death. How lovely. Yongguk saw the tears escaping Daehyun’s closed lids and he leaned forward, pressing their lips together.

            Daehyun only got brought into a comforting darkness when he felt Yongguk’s lips on his. When Yongguk pulled away, blood flowed out from Daehyun’s lips and Himchan’s eyes widened. “You don’t love him?” Yongguk shook his head. “No, it’s not that.” He loves Daehyun, even though he took a long time to finally realize and accept that fact.

            Himchan went to call Youngjae over since he is also a magician, along with some doctors. Yongguk didn’t want to leave Daehyun like that. The last time he did, Daehyun disappeared. When they came back, Yongguk let go of Daehyun reluctantly and waited for news.

            “He is alive, just recovering from the magic. Give it some time, his condition is quite bad.” Youngjae concluded and Yongguk finally relaxed a little. Daehyun’s fine, his Daehyun won’t be leaving him this time. Even so, Yongguk didn’t dare to leave Daehyun’s bedside.

            Youngjae just went out and pulled Himchan to a side. “You didn’t tell me before that this would be the consequences if we didn’t kiss.” Youngjae growled and Himchan shrugged. “If I did, would you have hesitated? Even if you didn’t want to be with me, I could always ask for a kiss and you would give it to me.”

            That reason was too nice, Youngjae couldn’t say anything against it. It’s true that if Himchan told him, he wouldn’t have even considered about their different positions. Besides, this could be cured with just a kiss, Youngjae wouldn’t reject a kiss even though they couldn’t be together. Letting him know would only be forcing him to be with Himchan and they would soon leave each other since the thrown away questions and problems would come back.

            “So is Daehyun fine already?” Himchan asked and Youngjae nodded. “The magic is too scary. To just out someone’s life and weakening someone so quick and easily, Daehyun could’ve died.” Himchan just pecked Youngjae’s lips with a smile. “At least we are all fine now.”

            It’s been such a long time since Daehyun sleep so comfortably, without the constant pain torturing him and it felt so nice. Though it didn’t last long before he got slowly woken up by the throbbing pain of his chest. It’s still not as bad as previously, but that doesn’t stop Daehyun from being irritated.

            Shouldn’t he be dead already, then why is he still feeling pain? Daehyun groaned as he opened his eyes slowly, blinking a few times to get use to the lighting. “Daehyun.” Yongguk called as he pulled Daehyun into a hug. “God, when’s the last time you showered?” Daehyun pushed Yongguk away after he processed that he is still alive and that Yongguk’s kiss saved him.

            Yongguk never thought that being able to hear Daehyun’s complains would be so blissful. Noticing how Daehyun’s breathing is still quite rushed and light, he let go and went to grab a cup of water. Daehyun’s throat must still be hurting, Yongguk thought as he passed the cup to Daehyun since he’s already up.

            “Are you feeling better?” Yongguk asked and Daehyun shrugged. “Daehyun, I will make you the queen after I become the king.” Yongguk stated simply, staring at Daehyun’s orbs intensely. “Who said that I want to be your queen?” Yongguk just smiled and peck Daehyun’s lips before being pushed away. “For goodness sake, take a shower.”

            Even though Daehyun said it like that, years later he still went back to the palace as the queen. Yongguk is just doting on his lover more, wanting to shower him with the whole world’s love. With Yongguk being like that, Daehyun just took advantage and enjoyed himself.

            All the work is thrown to Yongguk while he enjoys his time eating and joking around. Whenever he is bored, he would disturb Yongguk and he never gets annoyed. Even when Daehyun acted sick which caused Yongguk to leave an important meeting.

            Even after so long, as long as Daehyun acted as if his chest hurts, Yongguk would still be so worried and anxious and that calms him down somehow. No matter how much of an he is, Yongguk still loves him.

            “Bbang, you need to come quick, Daehyun did something stupid again.” Himchan grabbed onto Yongguk’s arm as he pulled him back to Daehyun’s chamber. “Why? What happened?” Yongguk frowned since it has always been Himchan causing trouble with Daehyun and not Himchan coming to get him.

            “He suddenly collapsed in pain and just locked himself up in his chamber.” Himchan started explaining. “Magicians said that he misused his magic and is hurting himself but he refused to let them help.” Hearing that caused Yongguk’s brows to tighten even more.

            When they reached, Youngjae is already in the room and Daehyun’s fast asleep. Both Himchan and Yongguk just plastered this clueless expression onto their faces and Youngjae rolled his eyes. “He is fine now, and congratulations on being a father.” Yongguk blinked twice before he managed to process the words and became even more clueless about the situation.

            “See that tree in the garden? It will be feeding your child with its life force from now on instead of Daehyun.” Youngjae pointed to a tree with a ball of light twirling around it. “Daehyun wanted to give you a child and couldn’t think of a better way instead of keeping it in his body.” Youngjae rolled his eyes again at Daehyun’s stupidity. “It’s quite easy, just both parties’ drop of blood would do, then use magic to let it feed on something and grow.”

            Before Youngjae could continue, Himchan pulled him out to the garden. “Then let’s do it too.” Himchan grinned and Youngjae nodded. “You take care of the kid, I am not going to take care of the kid.” Himchan just agreed since it wasn’t too much to ask for. So now, there’s 2 trees in the garden with lights twirling around it.

            Yongguk just went to Daehyun and cupped his cheeks. “Idiot, we could always just adopt a kid instead of you hurting yourself like this.” Pecking Daehyun’s lips, he felt the lips under him curl up a little before the kiss is deepened. “Who did you call an idiot?” Daehyun mumbled as his hands roamed Yongguk’s body.

            “Are you okay already?” Yongguk asked but Daehyun just yawned. “I am still tired.” Yongguk then removed Daehyun’s hands and told him to sleep. “Sleep with me, you didn’t even sleep last night.” Daehyun grumbled since Yongguk was busy working last night, this workaholic.

            “Yes, your highness.” Yongguk removed his clothes and crawled under the covers, pulling Daehyun close to him. “I love you.” Daehyun just nodded slightly. “Alright, me too, shush.” The next time they woke up, it was around evening already and they went to the garden together.

            Standing in front of the tree, Yongguk just grinned and asked. “What should we name our child?” Daehyun just shrugged. “Anything is fine as long as I don’t need to handle the kid.” Yongguk then wrapped his arms around Daehyun from the back. “How about Junhong?” Daehyun hummed in response and Yongguk smiled.

            They went a big round, but they ended up together. “You will never be able to hide from me ever again. No matter where you go, I will definitely find you in the end.” A smile crept up Daehyun’s face and he turned around, pulling Yongguk down for a kiss. “I will trust you for that.”