Final.

Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•~~~~~~~~~•

"They say that sun is the beggining and the end. And I believe in that because as the sun starts to fade. I slowly lost her as well.."

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

 

3 years ago..

 

It was 6:30pm in the afternoon of summer. I lay on the couch with my wife in my arms. The mellow sound of the wind outside along with the sound of the TV is our only background.

 

"Hyunnie-ah?~" My wife broke the silence with her voice barely audible.

 

"What is it Wan-ah?" I asked softly as I tuck some strands of her hair behind her ears as I hold on her waist gently.

 

She looks up to me with a small plastered on her beautiful face before she leans in closer, capturing my lips into a gentle kiss.

 

I cup her face gently as I deepen the kiss, but she pulls away immediately.

 

"Hyunnie. Let's go outside, please?" She softly said. And I can't help but to smile sadly as I stare at her. Her face is so pale, but she's still the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Her body is so thin, it looks so fragile. And it makes me afraid to hold her because she may break any second.

 

I help her to slowly stand up and accompany her to her wheelchair. And then we go outside to go to her favorite spot.

----

I slowly took her off the wheelchair and let her sat beside me on the million pieces of the beach sand. She scoots a little closer to me as she rest her head on my shoulder. And she wraps her arms around my arms slowly.

 

(The sun will go down in an hour- and I can feel her fading as well as the sky slowly turns orange-)

 

"Hyunnie-ah. Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I heard her voice cutting the silence that's surrounding us. Her voice is so soft.

 

"You've said it like a million times, baby. Why?" I turn to look at her as I gently caress her face. My voice was soft just like hers. (Soft and gentle-)

"Hm, I guess- B-but why haven't you?"

 

I can literally feel the pain in her voice as she asked me.

 

"-the first and the last time that I've heard you saying that you love is when I finally said yes to you. Ever since we've become married and you- y-you found out that I'm sick, you never said I love you anymore."

 

She continued as she finally look at me. Staring straight into my eyes. That brown orbs- God, her eyes. I can't help but fall even deeper to it. It spoke thousands of word that she can't say. I can see the tiredness in her eyes. Her face looks so tired. I fell like I'm being selfidh for keeping her by my side. And it hurts.

 

God, I love her. I love her so much. But I can't- I can't say it. Because I'm afraid. I'm afraid that it maybe the last thing that she wanted to hear before she finally give up. And I don't like that. I don't want her to give up just yet. I can't lose her. I can't. I can't.

 

I don't want her to leave just yet. I'm still trying- hoping even to make the possible medicine for her. I'm a ing doctor. For pete's sake. I want to do everything for her. Because I love her. I love her so much.

 

But seeing how tired she looks like right now. I feel so hopeless. I feel like there's a hole in my heart as I stare at her face.

 

I'm being selfish. So ing selfish. I know I can't be like this forever. Sooner or later her body will just give up on her. And she won't be able to fight it anymore. And she will definitely feel more than the pain that she's feeling right now. And I don't want that.

 

I don't want want her to feel anymore than what she's feeling right now. Because I love her. And all I want is for her to be happy.

 

Even if it means that it's going to hurt me immensely.

 

And so I intertwine our fingers and I hold onto her gently. I can't hold her tightly because she can easily get bruises. I place a gentle kiss on the back of her hand as I caress it with my thumb. Her hands were as cold as ice.

 

(My eyes is stinging in pain as I felt my tears wanting to come out of my eyes-)

 

I cleared my throat as I move a little bit closer to her. Wanting to feel her warmth that's slowly fading away.

 

"A-are you tired now Wannie?" I sniff softly as I tried to stop the tears from falling. But it was all futile. As tears continues to fall. Tears after tears. Until I was sobbing softly.

 

I can feel her nodding her head slowly.

 

And it adds the into the pain that I was feeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter