ch.02

Thinking about you

Minhyuk can't recall the last time he chose to walk back to their dormitory alone.

 

He shivered under his jacket, the night seems colder when someone's not around. Minhyuk clutched at the thin fabric in a fruitless attempt to keep warm.

 

"You're really reliant on him huh," he chuckled softly to himself as he chased his shadow.

 

-

 

"Who’s up for this part?" One of the producer asked while looking expectantly at Hyunwoo.

 

The air in the recording studio was still until Hyunwoo cleared his throat from his spot at the edge of the sofa.

 

"Minhyuk has the widest vocal range…so...”

 

The cameraman quickly shifted his camera, Minhyuk appeared and the latter had a small grin on his face.

 

Thank you Hyunwoo hyung. Thank you so much. Minhyuk had wanted to reach out and give his hyung a bear hug right there, in front of the producers, trainees and rolling cameras.

 

"Shownu will take this part," Another voice concluded after a mere second.

 

The camera was still there, Minhyuk forgot about managing his expressions. He couldn't help frowning.

 

No one uttered a word as Hyunwoo dragged his foot towards the recording room, his gaze lingering on Minhyuk.

 

-

 

Looks like you have been a little too confident Lee Minhyuk

 

A voice in his mind spat at him.

 

His nose soured at that belittling thought and the night seemed to have become even colder.

 

The chill on his thin frame didn't last too long fortunately, as Minhyuk picked up the sound of hurried footsteps behind him. Before he could turn around he felt a heavy coat over his shoulders, weighing him down a little.

 

The coat was still warm, enveloping him in body heat. Minhyuk was one step closer to tears.

 

Hyunwoo's little finger lightly grazed Minhyuk's thumb before he intertwined their fingers together.

 

Minhyuk shifted his gaze nervously between their hands and the empty street.

 

"Don't worry, there's no one around," Hyunwoo's voice was calm and smoothing.

 

"Right...” Minhyuk croaked, feeling like sly teenager caught in the act. He ducked his head lower into the high collars of the coat, hiding his flushed cheeks.

 

It’s not long before he turned sideways to face Hyunwoo, only to realise that the latter was looking his way all these while.

 

"I'm sorry-"

 

"I'm sorry-" said the both of them in unison.

 

Minhyuk was the first to burst out laughing, followed by Hyunwoo, as he brought Minhyuk closer and pulled him into a tight embrace. They stayed like this under the street lamp, huddle together, until Hyunwoo had begun apologizing again.

 

“It’s not your fault hyung…I was being an emotional brat…” Minhyuk muttered before pressing their lips together so Hyunwoo would stop saying sorry.

 

-

 

Minhyuk doesn’t cry that night because there was someone to kiss it away before his tears could fall.

 

-

 

 

a/n: short update is short . I really wanna write longer but damn. I hope this is not too boring ~ when I was watching no mercy I remember myself replaying this part over and over again and I just had to write about it. sorry for making minhyuk cry for the second time (oops) im pretty sure that boy don’t really cry in real life.

 

AND DID YOU GUYS READ THE BIRTHDAY MESSAGE SHOWNU SEND ON MINHYUK’S BIRTHDAY LAST NIGHT OMG IT WAS SO SWEET IT’S A CONFESSION I TELL YA