Exist

And to be honest, it was okay-

“Apparently Yoongi is taken now?” one of Yoongi’s friends asked when Yoongi settled down at the back row of the class.

“What do you mean?” Yoongi mentally rolled his eyes.

“You know what I mean.”

“We’re just friends.”

“Pfft, liar. Anyway, can you ask the girls to come along with us later to the arcade?”

“What- Hell no, absolutely, why me?” Yoongi snorted.

“Just ask her and tell her to bring her friends,” and just like that, end of the conversation.

Yoongi hate it when people ordered him around, even if it was his mother. He didn’t like the idea of him being told to do things, even more, something that he hated. But guess what? Right after the break’s bell sealed off he approached the girl’s seat and sat before her. He was unconsciously doing something that positively clashed with his so called ideology. But now that his eyes met hers, his mentality backed to its sense.

, he cursed in silence.

“Oh! Hello, Yoongi!” She said while tidying up her table.

.

“What is it?”

“Um- I’m just wondering,” Yoongi started, eyes on her, trying so hard not to stutter, “If you and your friends want to join us to the arcade after school?”

She lifted her eyebrow, not every day you would see Min Yoongi initiated a conversation with someone, moreover it was an invitation. She needed an exact five seconds before answering.

“Of course,” the girl chuckled. “I’ll ask my friends later and I think they will say yes.”

She made it to bring three of her friends to the arcade, and everything was going well. Yoongi was enjoying himself in the arcade, playing games here and there. Sometimes he caught her figure with her friends playing some game, but he never really paid attention since it had been a long time since last time he went to the arcade.

“Hey, Yoongi,” The girl beamed when Yoongi was playing the ‘doll-catcher’.

“Hey.”

“Why are you playing doll-catcher?”

“To get a doll and give it as a present,” Yoongi never tore his stare from the targeted doll.

“Oh, so you have a girlfriend?” There was something about her tone that flicked Yoongi and made him turned his head, facing the girl who was facing the machine.

“No. I’m going to give it to my dog, Min Holly.”

The girl giggled after muttered ‘oh my’ and ‘sorry’. After the seventh try, Yoongi managed it to grab a Kumamon doll. The girl clapped beside him when the machine grabbed the doll’s but and brought it over. Later, the girl also wanted a doll and Yoongi helped her to get one. And they ended up spent all of their coins on the doll catcher.

“I think it’s fun to work in the arcade, like the one who sells the coins or counting the tickets,” The girl said to Yoongi when they were heading home.

“I don’t think so. I never wanted to be an employee,” Yoongi answered.

“Why?” the girl looked so confused, a teddy bear in her hand.

“I don’t know, being an employee means to do everything you told to. I don’t want to be like that, I wanted to be someone more than that. I don’t want to just merely exist in this world.”

The girl giggled in fascination.

“What?” It was Yoongi’s turn to be confused.

“Nothing. I am just not expecting that kind of wisdom came out from Chatter Snail Min.” Yoongi smiled after hearing his nickname.

“But,” the girl initiated, “I did wish my parents were taught me to play sport, badminton maybe or basketball. Else it would be nice if I mastered some technique in painting, or if I could play piano as beautiful as you. So I could differentiate myself from the other, so I could be more than exist.” The girl sighed taking a brief pause.

“But again, what I have been through all this time is what made me. If I had experted in sports or had taken the painting class then I wouldn’t be me who I cherished the life just fine. So, I accept that it is okay to just merely exist.”

An utter silence came across, inside his brain, Yoongi was having a fierce battle with his own self. Most of them were hindering what the girl just said to settle in his brain, defending his previous creed. But little rest part of it was quite agreeing with her and somehow started to give a question.

What is wrong with just merely exist?

The girl sensed the tense around Yoongi and calmly said, “Still, I admire a person with a big dream like you, someone who will shine one day in the future.”

“Thank you,” the word awkwardly out from Yoongi’s mouth.