FC Men

Just A Dream
2 November 2016
 
Today marked the day when the anticipated soccer match would be held in my country. The pride of South Korea’s idols, also better known as FC Men, were going to battle our country’s national team whose names I honestly did not bother to remember in my mind.
 
I was about to give up on the event since I was known to be as frugal - or stingy - as my bias was. I am a penniless fangirl who barely spent money on anything, except if it meant I could meet Nam Woo Hyun. But even the VIP meet and greet tickets were too expensive for my empty wallet.
 
Until one day, one of my friends suddenly revealed he had insider's connection to the promoters hosting the contest. My mouth was already wide agape to the point a fly could enter it and choke me to death when he revealed he was asked to become a crew member. Luckily he did not hit another car when I surprised him with a loud fangirl scream. And after convincing, persuading, and pledging that I would not embarrass him, he agreed to ask his friend to allow me to become a crew member too.
 
I knew by then it would become my first and last time.
 
The crew members were assigned to work for either the country’s home team, or the visiting all star’s team. After constant persuasion and annoying nagging, my friend earned me the job to adhere to the idol’s needs. Whatever it was they needed: food, water, towel, makeup, toilet papers, I would get it for them.
 
The moment I entered the changing room to hand them their water bottles, I was so thankful they were all fully dressed and not half . (Because I am innocent, completely not y, and my dreams reflect my true self well). I wasn’t sure what happened, but my eyes were only on the few idols I recognized. Of course I saved the best for last.
 
I had walked an entire circle, handing out water bottles from a basket none of these guys bothered to help me with. But that was okay. After distributing it to others, I finally handed one to Beast’s Ki Kwang, and Doo Joon was next to him, and then…
 
My anxiety kicked in and I could already see my hands trembling, but it wasn’t due to the weight of the water. No, the main reason for the nervousness was this godly being in front of me who looked too handsome for his own good even without makeup. Even with his tousled jetblack hair in a mess, despite the drop of sweat dripping on the sides of his jawline, even with his long sleeved uniform, shorts, and those knee length socks to hide his leg hair, he was so unbelievably handsome.
 
I opened my mouth to say something clever and memorable as I handed him the water bottle. But I couldn’t. I was like a one year old unable to speak and had the comprehensible verbal skills of a fetus.
 
“Thanks,” Woo Hyun said, not holding his gaze to me for longer than 1,5 seconds. Others might think he was being disrespectful, but I knew based on my years of non-creepy observations and my unconditional love for him that he was just feeling tired. Who could blame the guy? He was busy after all.
 
But again, I couldn’t let this golden opportunity pass by.
 
“Oppa, I’m your fan,” I then told him in broken Korean. For the very first time, we did not actually speak a universal language in dreamland and were facing the dreaded language barrier.
 
His head jolted back in surprise, and this time he looked at me with more interest. Maybe it was his nature to always treat his fans well, but he actually looked at me. And his smile was so warm and inviting.
 
“I’m an Inspirit,” I continued to prove my credibility as his fan. “A Newclear.”
 
“Whoaa,” he began cooing in amazement, and already I could see his spirit being lifted up. He got up from the sports bench and towered over me. Well, not exactly since he was quite short. But so was I. So the top of my head reached the tip of his nose, probably.
 
“What’s your name?” He asked in Korean, and this one I perfectly understood.
 
I was very tempted to say ‘Jang Hyun Mi’ but ended up telling him my real name.
 
He wasn’t greasy. Maybe he ran out of cheese from his excessive fatigue. He was just genuinely amazed at everything I said, even my name. And the way he repeated it several time was like a melody to my ears, pun intended.
 
I forgot what happened or who proposed the idea afterwards, but we decided to go and take a selfie together. And in my head I was so happy I was going to have an actual picture with Woo Hyun instead of a Photoshopped one.
 
“Wait, let’s use this app!” I said and opened a certain application by the name of Candy Cam on my phone.
 
“I know that! I use it too!” Woo Hyun resembled a pure little kid who was in wonderment at the amazing nature this world presented to him.
 
Of course I knew. I downloaded that app only because he revealed he always used it.
 
I had no idea how I managed to pose so calmly next to him as I stretched my arms out to take a picture with difficulties. He probably noticed I was struggling, so being the kind dream-like gentleman he was, offered to take the picture for me. The moment his hand grabbed my phone, I made a mental note to frame my phone’s casing as a trophy on the wall. And as his other hand grabbed my shoulder, I made the life changing decision to never shower again.
 
“One… Two.. Three!” He began counting and the camera clicked.
 
And as the flash went off, my entire vision turned a brilliant white color. I was blinded into waking up from my dream and never got to see the result of how the photo turned out to be.
 
 


 

So the first part of this dream is actually based on real event where my friend suddenly told me he was gonna be a crew member. But Woo Hyun wasn't scheduled to come. And as a loyal fangirl I already had a feeling he wouldn't play due to his busy schedule, so I didn't get any ticket.

But yeah, by writing these dreams, I feel you are all exposed to my inner fangirl thoughts and how crazy they might be. Maybe you already knew how crazy I am if you ever chatted with me. XD