Party Time

First Love

       “That will be it for today, class is over.” As the teacher said that, I quickly gathered my notes and put them inside my bag and left. Don’t know how to feel about today, it feels odd. Last class of the day so I have the rest of the day to myself. I will just go home and go to sleep and get up to get ready for my first night out with strangers. I deliberately walked out the classroom and decided to go eat first. Tacos sound good. As my mind went onto a different universe, I suddenly bumped into someone. I automatically got out of the taco zone and looked up to see who it was. He was a tall Asian boy with blond dyed hair who looked unfazed by the fact that I bumped onto him. All he did was smile weirdly.

“Sorry” I apologized and walked away like the speed of lightening. Weirdo, why would he smile at me?

 

Give me five more minutes, please don’t leave without me! I messaged the girl through Facebook.

       Don’t worry, we are currently waiting outside your dorm. She messaged. I got my shoes and put them on. I looked at myself on the mirror once more. You are ready to party. Take my fake ID with me, keys and phone. Going to have fun today. The butterflies are already there. With that, I walked out the door locking it behind me and took the elevator down. Never met these people, but they look trustworthy. We were all freshman at the university. That was enough to trust each other.

       “I will call the taxi” Brittany said. She got her phone out and stepped away from us. It was the first week of September, barely started school and I am here going out instead of studying.

     “So not weird going with strangers to have fun. By the way, I am Mike. I am an engineering major”

     “I am Mia, Film major” I followed.

     “My name is Kourtney, currently undecided.”

     “Did any of you get the VIP tickets?” I asked, hoping they would say no.

     “Nah, I wasn’t going to pay 65 for being all classy. Too broke to afford that life” Mike said.

      “Same, I just wanted to go out and meet new people.” We all nodded. I came into this university without any friends. Me and my roommate don’t click as best friends that movies portrayed.

       Not long after, the taxi arrives. We all get into the mini-van silently. I was too excited, but didn’t’ want to show that I was. For the first time, I will be drinking out not legally but that is what life is about.

       We arrived within five minutes since it was in downtown Austin. Mike and I got our money out to pay our part and got out quickly. The line was long already, since foam wonderland was popular within college students. We lined up. The line progressed quickly that our turn was up. We gave them the tickets and showed our IDs to the guards so they could put on our orange wristbands to get access to alcohol. We all got in, and tried to get to the front, but it was full already.     http://i65.tinypic.com/j6tvde.jpg

       “I’ll go get a drink” I said without hesitating, and left them. I went to the bar and showed, more like flicked my wrist, my wristband and took out my wallet.

      “Can I get two shots of vodka with fruit punch on the side”

      “$8” She answered. What the ? Is alcohol this expensive? Whatever, I brought $60. I took out a $10 bill and hand it to him. Seconds later, I received my two shots and drink. Since it’s my first time drinking, my friends suggested to have a separate drink with the alcohol since it has a strong taste. They are good friends. I grabbed the shot glass and my punch and within a heartbeat took in the shot and made the most disgusting face ever. I then instantly drank up half of my punch to dissolve the flavor. They weren’t lying. Now I see why people make those faces whenever they drink the alcohol. Now the next one, before the music and foam start. I took half of it and drank the rest of my juice and took the rest of the shot. Fack. I can’t. I left the two-empty shot glass and made my way to the crowd. Jesus, I lost my companion. Within that minute, I felt my soul leave my body, without hesitation. I feel relaxed and free.

     “Are ya’ll ready to get this party started?” a male’s voice spoke through the speakers.

       “Yes!” the crowd screamed back.

       “Lets get it started then!” and with that, techno music started playing thru and people started pumping to the beat. I bounced to my heart’s content, had no fears. Balled my fist up and punched the air with the beat.

       “woooo!” I screamed. I love this, just wished I had someone with me.

Chapter 2: How we "met"