Snippet

EXO Weekly

Today was the big day. Junmyeon was going to present his outline for the next issue of EXO Weekly to his staff. Their magazine was all about style, and to keep up with the competition they had to always put their best foot forward. He was still waiting for all the members to gather in the meeting room. They had better hurry because  Sehun was getting on his last nerve. The youngest of the company was rocking restlessly in his chair, making it to squeak noisily. Jongdae threw an eraser at Sehun’s head, then laughed when Sehun let out a high-pitched yelp. Kyungsoo entered the room clad in all black like usual and Jongin followed quickly behind him. That boy was basically glued to Kyungsoo's side 24/7.

Baekhyun approached the glass door first and pressed his nose to it while waggling his eyebrows at Kyungsoo. Chanyeol came up behind Baekhyun and waved bunny-ears over his head with a cheeky grin. Kyungsoo lunged from his seat and the Baekhyun leaped back, hitting Chanyeol's chest. Chanyeol laughed and pushed Baekhyun through the doorway. Kyungsoo flicked Baekhyun’s arm as he walked by.

 

When Yixing entered, he had his coat flung over his shoulder, and his hair gelled back. His crisp navy button-down was tailored perfectly to his figure, making him look as if he stepped straight from one of the magazine’s they were trying to produce.

 

“Big date?” asked Baekhyun with a wink. Chanyeol cracked up beside him.

 

Yixing blinked at them, “Junmyeon said this was an important meeting and to dress appropriately”

 

“Something that no one else seems to ever follow” Junmyeon said, with a nod in Chanyeol’s direction.

 

“I didn’t know hoodies were against the rules” said Chanyeol pulling on his drawstrings.

 

“This is a business and-” Junmyeon paused, his secretary Minseok had peered through the doorway and tapped at his watch, “nevermind, let’s just get this meeting over with before I’m late for my next appointment”

 

Junmyeon pulled the tarp off of the stand holding his large paper slides. He flipped to the starting page and begun his speech without a glance at his slides.

 

“So as all of you know, sales were at an all time low last month...”

 

Sehun was the first to begin to giggle behind his notebook. Chanyeol pulled the collar of his hoodie up to hide his grin. Yixing tilted his head to the side looking confused.

 

Junmyeon narrowed his eyes at them and continued, “So this month we really need to pull ourselves back up.”

 

Jongdae coughed into his fist several times,  Jongin planted his face into table while trying not to laugh. Kyungsoo’s lips twitched up at the ends.

 

“Our design team will use the designs I have outlined on the slide to make our cover more appealing to the masses”

 

The room erupted into laughter. Chanyeol was slapping the table with his hands his face twisting with laughter. Jongdae was doubled over holding his face in his hands. Sehun fell out of his chair. Even Kyungsoo was smiling his heart shaped smile.

 

“What’s wrong with all of you?” Junmyeon said, red in the face.

 

Yixing pointed to Junmyeon’s slides.

 

Junmyeon finally looked over to his presentation. All over the magazine cover outline he had made were images crudely drawn ia.

 

“Who drew all over my slides?”

 

Baekhyun sunk in his seat, pulling his beanie down over his eyes. Beside him Chanyeol was howling with laughter and shaking his shoulder.

 

“Right. I’m not even a little bit surprised.”

 
 
(so this is rather short, and I apologize! This is moreso a drabble where I dip my toes into this AU. I hope you like this little taste-tester so far! I will be writing more of this between writing my other works, so please anticipate a chaptered series! :) thanks for reading!)