Miss me?

Miss Me?

Doyeon POV

 

After rehearsals I quickly slipped a goodbye letter in Yoojung's locker then told the members and coach that I was moving away to a different country for a while. I told everyone.. except for Yoojung. I felt really bad and apologized for abandoning the team.

 

They all asked me where I was going, how long I'm going to be away and why I was leaving but I didn't answer them. I didn't want them (mostly Yoojung) to come looking for me when I'm not ready to be found. I want to change so that I can confess to Yoojung confidently. And even if she still doesn't accept me I'll just have to change her mind.

 

 

 


 

 

 

It was almost time to announce the winners when I got a text from my dad that he was waiting outside the school already.

 

I guess this is it...

 

At this point I hugged all the members farewell and I see Chungha unnie and Somi tearing up. I felt really bad and I'm going to miss them so much..

 

Yoojung just stared at us weirdly but I just ignored it. I walked up to her and was on the verge of tearing up partially because of what I heard in the restroom and partially because I'm not going to see my best friend aka love of my life for a long time. 

 

I tippy toed and wrapped my arms around Yoojung's neck and we hugged for a while then I whispered something in her ear.

"Don't forget about me" and without a response, I quickly took all my stuff and ran out to my dad's car, leaving Yoojung dumbfounded. 

 

Half way to the airport I looked at my phone and saw 99 miss calls and unread messages from Yoojung. I also received texts from the group chat.

 

8:20pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

Ya! where did u go? They're about to announce the winners! Call me back asap!

 

From: Yoodaengjjyu

and what did you mean by don't forget about me? Y in the world would I forget about u?!? Pls pick up your phone!

 

8:22pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

YA KIM DOYEON ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW WE HAVE TO GET ON STAGE FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

 

8:23pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

Istg kim doyeon if you dont show up or answer me right now with an explanation I'm never talking to you ever again...

 

From:Yoodaengjjyu

..........................

 

8:26pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

r u seriously going to be like this...

 

8:27pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

Doyeon ah.. where r u? please text me back ok???

 

8:30pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

CHUNGHA UNNIE JUST TOLD ME YOURE MOVING ABROAD?!? Y DIDNT YOU TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS??? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS...

 

8:31pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

Where r u moving to??? y did u tell everyone and not me?? I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye...

 

8:35pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

If you don't answer me right now... We're not friends anymore.

 

9:15pm

From: Maknae_on_top

YASSS WE MADE IT!!!

 

From: Chungie_K

WOOOT FIRST PLACE BABIES!!

 

From: Pengi

Have a safe flight Doyeon ah! We will send pics of the trophy! 

 

9:16pm

From: Chungie's Bae

We're gonna miss you Doyeon ah! please be safe and I hope you have a lot of fun!

 

From: Strawberry_Chae

Msg us when you land! This trophy belongs to all of us! 

 

From: Maknae_on_top

Oh yea a certain yoodaeng unnie is rlly pissed you should msg her asap js

 

9:17pm

From: Yoodaengjjyu

Ya Jeon Somi u want to die? who cares about her she abandoned us.

 

I was really happy that we won first place but I immediately turned my phone after I read what Yoojung said. I really tore my heart apart and I don't think I can handle reading anymore.

 

This is for the better...

 

Right...?

 

 

Yoojung POV

 

What the actual f***? Did Kim Doyeon really leave without saying goodbye? Why didn't she tell me she was moving abroad? I'm so pissed... So this is what she meant by "don't forget me"?? This better be a joke because I'm going knock some sense into this girl.

 

While we were giving our winning speech, all I could think about was that shortie. There were so many questions I want to ask her but I guess I won't be able to. 

 

After the award ceremony, I went to my locker to get my stuff and I noticed a letter.

 

From: Dodojjyu

To: Yoojungjjyu

 

written on the envelope.

 

Dear Yoojung,

 

I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye to you properly. Thank you for taking care of me the most ever since I joined the team and protect me when ever people made fun of me for being short. Thank you for spending your time teaching me the moves when I didn't get it. This message could go on for pages so I just wanted to say I'm really thankful for you. I don't want to always depend on you and become someone you could depend on instead. Wait for me...

 

Love,

Dodojjyu

 

This doesn't explain why she left, where she went or why she didn't say goodbye to me. 'Wait for me...' does that mean she's coming back? This is just ridiculous...

 

Flashback End

 

 

Author's POV

 

"Earth to girly?? Are you ok?" Doyeon said still holding Yoojung in her arms for the past two minutes. The girl Doyeon was making out was getting pretty impatient and jealous at this point.

 

'Girly?! does she not remember who I am or is this not my Doyeon? that's right she can't be.. My Doyeon was 4'11 this giant holding me is about 5'7 or 5'8. Plus she was making out with this my Doyeon would never do that...But they just look so alike' Yoojung thought to herself. She snaps out of it when Doyeon lets go of her.

 

"I-I'm fine thank you for saving me" Yoojung manages to voice out.

 

"Be more careful next time ok?" Doyeon says patting Yoojung's head. She smirked as she walked away with the girl she was making out with because she thought the shook Yoojung was the cutest thing in the world.

 

Doyeon drops the girl off and pins her to the wall and says, "hey I'm sorry to say this but let's see other people.. I don't think me match" in a serious tone.

 

"Are you serious? We're you just playing around with me? I really really like you..." the girl responds.

 

"you didn't think I'd marry you and we would run off into the sunset did you? Come on this is college. You will find someone better. Got it? Peace" and with that, Doyeon left but the the girl held onto her wrist.

 

"It wasn't because of that girl at the stairs right? I saw how you looked at her"

 

Doyeon turns around with the most pissed and annoyed expression, "you don't really think that I didn't know what you did back there right? You tripped her because she was staring at me a little too long for your liking. Well listen here. I hate girls who get jealous easily so I don't think we match. This isn't the first time and I was going to break up with you even if you didn't trip that girl earlier. We're over Yuju..."

 

 

-

 

 

 

Classes start tomorrow but coincidentally it was also Yoojung's birthday that day.

 

"Yoojungie since it your birthday tomorrow let's go order a cake after we get our books!" Chungha said excitedly.

 

"Ooh let's get 18 candles for the cake!" Sejeong suggested.

 

Chungha smacked Sejeong on the head lightly and said, "Yah pabo there's not going to be enough room on the cake for that"

 

"Ahh unnie you're always so mean to me" Sejeong pouted rubbing her head.

 

"Unnies we have to throw a party!" Somi said.

 

"Yah our first day of classes is tomorrow we have to sleep early tonight" Yoojung nagged.

 

"Come on daengie we have to celebrate with our group!" Sohye said.

 

"Fineeeee we will celebrate at 12am" Yoojung said giving in.

 

 

-

 

 

12am strikes and the whole group gathers at Yoojung and SeChung's dorm (since they were dorm mates) to celebrate. They sing Happy Birthday to Yoojung and cover her face with whipped cream. It was a fun night for the group of friends and they partied until late night at 3am despite having to go to class the next morning. 

 

The SeChung couple had a morning class while yoojung had an afternoon class. Doyeon bumped into SeChung on her way to her dorms after eating breakfast. 

 

"Hey unnies I missed you guys so much!!!" Doyeon said running to them and hugging the couple.

 

??????

 

Sechung was so lost. Mostly because Doyeon ran up to them so they didn't get a good glance at who it was but she sounded familiar.

 

"Umm hi.. who are you again?" Chungha managed to speak out despite being hugged to death by the giant that is Doyeon. 

 

Doyeon let go of them and looked at them with a huge smile on her face, "do I look that different that you guys don't recognize me??" 

 

Sechung looks up at Doyeon and stared at her for a couple seconds.

...

"KIM DOYEON?!?!?" Sejeong screams

 

"BINGOOOO damn Sejeong unnie you got smarter I didn't think you would figure it out before Chungha unnie kekeke" Doyeon teased.

 

"Yah! So that was you the other day? the one that saved Yoodaeng?? How long have you been back?" Chungha questioned.

 

"Why didn't you keep in contact with us?? Everyone really missed you!! How long has it been???" Sejeong added.

 

"Unnies! calm down! I miss everyone too! one question at a time please haha" Doyeon chuckled.

 

"So it was you the other day that saved Yoojung?"

 

"yes that was me" Doyeon nodded.

 

"then why didn't you acknowledge us and who was that girl you were making out with?"

 

"because it was kinda awkward heh and that girl is no one I broke up with her already" Doyeon answered.

 

"nice" Sejeong smirked and fist bumped Doyeon.

 

"Don't encourage her" Chungha said and slapped Sejeong.

 

"ow" Sejeong pouted.

 

"So I see you guys are still together and well? haha" Doyeon chuckled.

 

"I don't know why I still keep her around... Anyway, back to you. When did you come back and what happened to you? you're a giant!" Chungha questioned.

 

"I grew a bit while in the states hehe. I came back just a few months ago and tried to track you guys down!" 

 

"What a stalker haha" Sejeong added which caused her to receive another whipping from Chungha. 

 

"Anyways let's catch up more another time! my dorm is just on the third floor! where is Yoojung?"

 

"So you still have feelings for Yoojung huh?" Chungha smirked.

 

"How did you guys know??" Doyeon was surprised.

 

"Somi told us everything like a year after you left" Sejeong said.

 

'why that little I knew I should have trusted her. I only told her what happened and why I left since she already knew I liked Yoojung. But I lost contact with her over the years too' Doyeon thought.

 

"She didn't tell Yoojung did she??" Doyeon said nervously.

 

"nope after you left Yoojung was really mad and didn't want to know or hear anything about you" Chungha said.

 

"aww crap I guess this is going to be harder than I thought.." Doyeon said quietly.

 

"what do you mean? are you trying to get Yoojung back?"

 

"Yep thats the plan. I'm going to make her mind forever" Doyeon grinned.

 

"Well that's not creepy at all" Sejeong said

 

"Yoojungie is mine! If you want her you have to ask for my permission!" Chungha refuted 

 

"Pleaseeee Chungha unnieeeee I really really really love Yoojung and I haven't stopped liking her since we were kids..." Doyeon begged.

 

"Alright fine but if you play with her heart or make her cry... I'm going to kick your back to the states where you came from" Chungha threatened.

 

"Yasss I promise I will make her happy! Thank you unnie!" Doyeon hugged Chungha really tight and was later broken up by a very jealous Sejeong.

 

"Here's the key card to our room it's 403. Since its Yoojung's birthday you should make her some breakfast we partied until really late last night" Chungha said handing Doyeon the key card.

 

"Thank you unnie you're the best" 

 

With that said, Sechung went to class and Doyeon sprinted to their dorm.

 

Doyeon carefully opens the door not trying to make any sound for incase Yoojung is still sleeping. This building had the biggest dorms that include a small kitchen and two bedrooms. Doyeon peeked into Yoojungs room and saw her sound asleep so she tippy toes in.

 

'Wow shes still as pretty and as cute as I remember' Doyeon was dazed by the beautiful Yoojung sleeping face.

 

"Happy birthday Yoodaengjjyu" She whispered and lightly kissed Yoojung on the cheek. Good thing Yoojung was a heavy sleeper so she didn't wake up from the kiss. And of course Doyeon knew that.

 

Doyeon went to the kitchen and started making seaweed soup since it was Yoojung's birthday.

 

Doyeon was not a great cook so she looked up youtube videos on how to make it. Luckily, Chungha bought the ingredients to make it since she was going to make Yoojung some later that night.

 

Doyeon was almost done when she heard baby footsteps headed towards the kitchen. She was actually getting pretty nervous because she hasn't talked to Yoojung is so long.

 

"Unnie I thought you had cla-" Yoojung stopped mid sentence and opened her eyes wide when she saw the back of a stranger at the kitchen. She thought it was a thief and took off her slipper about to throw it at them. Doyeon turns around and says, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" 

 

Yoojung was just frozen in place, with pajamas on, cute messy bun, one arm in the air holding the slipper and jaw wide open.

 

"and who are you??" Yoojung asked nervously.

 

"It's me! Kim Dodojjyu" Doyeon said doing the squirtle bow "and I have made you seaweed soup for your birthday!" 

 

Yoojung didn't know what to feel. Is this even real? Was she just dreaming? Should she be happy that her old best friend is back? Should she be mad that she abandoned her? Was she the one that saved her the other day? Millions of questions ran through her mind but one thing she was sure of was that she missed Doyeon as much as Doyeon missed her. She never forgot about her.

 

"why are you here?" Yoojung asked this time with a serious and mad tone.

 

"Because I missed you! Don't you miss me?" Doyeon pouted.

 

"I don't care about people who abandon me. You can show yourself out" Yoojung said emotionlessly and walked back into her room when Doyeon ran after her and pinned her to the wall.

 

"Aren't you happy to see me Yoodaengjjyu?" 

 

"no." Yoojung replied with a straight face but inside she was shaking and her heart was beating really fast. She never imagined herself being pinned to the wall and looking up at Doyeon with her face literally centimeters apart.

 

"why not?"

 

"why not? WHY NOT? Do you really have the guts to ask me that after you left without saying goodbye and left a crappy letter that didn't explain anything? Did you know how worried I was? That was the most selfish thing you could ever do. Kim Doyeon. I'm done with you" Yoojung said while clenching her fist trying to hold in her tears.

 

"I-I know... I'm sorry... It's just.." Doyeon stuttered.

 

"You what? you wanted to become someone I can depend on? Is making out with someone on the stairway your way of showing me I can depend on you?" Yoojung was furious as this point.

 

"That was a mistake... I came back to Korea for you Yoojung ah.." Doyeon sighed.

 

"Doesn't seem like it. And let go of me you're hurting my wrist."

 

"oh sorry" Doyeon didn't notice how hard of a grip she had on her so she let go, but Yoojung didn't run away.

 

"Can we be friends again? I never stopped thinking about you Yoojung ah"

 

"Then why didn't you keep in contact with me?"

 

"I heard what you said in the restroom with Yerin before rehearsals thats day.. I didn't want to be a shy cute baby to you anymore.. I wanted to change and come back to you when I was ready.." Doyeon confessed.

 

"What are you talking about? What di-- oh..." Yoojung magically remembers that conversation from years ago. "You left because you weren't my ideal type? We could have been friends forev-"

 

"I don't want to be just friends forever.. I want you to be my girlfriend and I want to protect you.." Doyeon stopped Yoojung mid sentence.

 

"Well I'm still mad at you for leaving but the seaweed soup is getting cold so I'm going to eat that first" Yoojung crossed her arms then walked to the kitchen.

 

"Wait! does that mean you forgive me? Let me help you get a bowl!" Doyeon yelled chasing after Yoojung.

 

Yoojung's face cringed when she tasted the soup.

 

"Wae? Is it really bad??" Doyeon asked

 

"It's a bit too salty but not bad" Yoojung shrugged.

 

"I'm glad you like it it's my first time making it" Doyeon grinned proudly.

 

"how did you get in here?"

 

"I bumped into Chungha and Sejeong unnie on my way up from breakfast and they gave me the key card" 

 

"Why would they give the the card to a stranger" Yoojung said shaking her head and eating the soup.

 

"Hey! I'm not a stranger! I'm going to be your wife one day!" Doyeon said confidently.

 

"Wife? As if." Yoojung rolled her eyes.

 

"Stop talking and eating, you're going to choke"

 

"Don't worry Yoodaengjjyu I'm going to make you forgive me and make you mine. Happy Birthday again. Wifey" Doyeon said with a creepy smile. 

 

Yoojung didn't want to show it but she was happy that she got her best friend back. But she wasn't sure if she liked Doyeon that way or not. She wasn't as mad anymore knowing that she was the reason Doyeon left but she still thought what Doyeon did was dumb and reckless. 

 

Yoojung finished eating and Doyeon did the dished while Yoojung got ready for class.

 

"Let's go to class together!" Doyeon suggested then she put her arm around, the now short, Yoojung's shoulder and they walked out the dorms.

 

"Yah I'm not your arm rest!" Yoojung complained trying to pull Doyeon's arm off. 

 

"Not happening. You're mine and everyone. Needs to see and know that" Doyeon said tightening her grip.

 

Little did Yoojung know but Doyeon was actually really popular in the university. Her dad became really successful while working in the states and was promoted to an executive position. He was able to transfer back to Korea with ease and planned to start more businesses here. He was really close to the Dean. Doyeon did not get into that prestigious performing arts university based on connections tho. She was actually able to join the most popular dance team in the university upon her arrival and news spreads fast in this school. She was known as the tall, talented, smart transfer student that studied abroad; everyones dream girl or girl crush.

 

People around them started staring and whispering amongst themselves. Yoojung felt pretty uncomfortable but Doyeon was used to it.

 

"Why are they staring at us weird?" Yoojung asks.

 

"I don't know. Just ignore them. Where's your class again?" 

 

"I think it's over the-" 

 

Yoojung stopped when Yuju stood in front of them with a couple of other scary looking girls.

 

"You didn't leave me for her huh? I knew you two had something going on" Yuju said.

 

"Yuju don't do this now Yoojung's going to be late for her first class." Doyeon said.

 

"So the her name is Yoojung huh? I don't care if she's late you're mine Kim Doyeon."

 

"Um Yuju is it? Me and Doyeon aren't dating soooo I'm gonna go you guys can work this out" Yoojung said trying to avoid the situation.

 

"No. She's my wife. We're engaged so let us pass. You guys know who I am right?" Doyeon said that specifically targeting the girls behind Yuju. Doyeon can get them suspended or get points marked off since she is also close to the student council president also known as the Dean's daughter also known as Jisoo also known as the leader of Blackpink the most popular dance team in the university.

 

Yuju's friends dispersed and so did Yuju. 

 

"Why are they so scared of you?" Yoojung asked looking up at Doyeon.

 

"I'll tell you after class! Let's go you're gona be late!" Doyeon puts her hands on Yoojung's shoulder and pushes her to class.

 

 

 


Hello~~~~ Sorry for not updating for so long haha been busy with school and didn't know what to write xD

I wanted to update this on Yoojung's birthday but didn't finish until now so... Hope you enjoy ;) 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOOJUNG!!!!! SHE DESERVES ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD such a precious child that I love and cherish. 

i love Doyeon so much she's so bae making seaweed soup for Yoojung on her birthday TT