Spicy Rice Cakes and Strawberry Milk

Love in the Air

SPicy RicE Cakes Strawberry MIlk 


“Last call for KIM JINHWAN, passenger boarding on flight AK6138 for Hawaii please proceed to Gate 3. Attention, last call for KIM JINHWAN, passenger boarding on flight AK6138 for Hawaii please proceed to Gate 3.”

The announcement was loud and it can be seen that a small framed guy or probably boy running along the airport towards the mentioned gate. He rushed over the airport stuff with his boarding pass and identification before he was sent over to his plane. The boy didn’t stop apologizing as it was his first time boarding a plane.

He was showed his seat by a really cold face steward, but his face isn’t that clear for Jinhwan as he was too tall for him. The steward helped him with his luggage onto the cabin compartment before he went over to the front. Jinhwan took his seat and quickly put on his seatbelt. He looked around, there were so many different passengers on board. Some with different skin tone, languages, hairs colour. And one voices catch his attention.

Just a recorded voice of something Jinhwan didn’t know but he keeps on listening to it.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has the ‘Fasten Seat Belt’ sign. If you haven’t already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt. And also make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position.”

A pregnant pause.

“We remind you that this is a non-smoking flight.  Smoking is prohibited on the entire aircraft, including the lavatories. Tampering with, disabling or destroying the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited by law.”

Another pause and Jinhwan was yawning already.

“If you have any questions about our flight today, please don’t hesitate to ask one of our flight attendants. Thank you”

Jinhwan already closed his eyes when the plane started to move along the lane. He ignored it but one voice makes him stayed awake.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is Koo Junhoe your chief flight attendant. On behalf of Captain Kim Hanbin along with his assistant Kim Jiwon and the entire crew, welcome aboard the iKON Airlines flight AK 6138 non-stop service from Incheon International Airport to Honolulu International Airport.”

His voice…

“Our flight tine will be of 9 hours and 39 minutes. We will be flying at an altitude of 3000 feet at a ground at a speed of 670 kilometres per hour”

Is so…

“At this time, make sure your seat back and tray tables are in their full upright position and that your seat belt is correctly fastened. Also, your portable electronic devices must be set to ‘airplane’ mode until an announcement is made upon arrival as it will disturb the plane radar. Thank you”

y. That what crossed Jinhwan’s mind right now. As a vocal teacher he knew how voices are. And that voice’s owner got a nice one.

“Now we request your full attention as the flight attendants demonstrate the safety features of this aircraft”

And that y voice is gone but replaced by others.

A taped voice was playing in the air as he looked over the flight attendants doing some standing along the aisle. And once again Jinhwan’s attention was shaken when a tall and lean steward stands not too far from his seating map. His face figure mostly making other shame on him.

He should be a model instead. With his black uniform, Jinhwan’s eyes are glued to him.

“when the seat belt sign illuminates, you must fasten your seatbelt. Insert the metal fittings one into the other, and tighten by pulling on the loose end of the strap. To release your seat belt, lift the upper portion of the buckle. We suggest that you keep your seat belt fastened throughout the flight, as we may experience turbulence.”

And jinhwan tried to release his seat belt before putting it back. Well it his first time after all. He sweat to God as soon he looked up he saw the steward smirking to him, probably laughing at how funny he looked right now. But Jinhwan didn’t took it to pit.

“There are several emergency exits on this aircraft two at the front, two at the back, and two over each wing. In some cases, your nearest exit may be behind you. There is an instruction sheet on how to open the emergency exit in front of you. Please pay full attention as the cabin crews will point to the exits.”

And there he is. That unknown cold steward face. Pointing to every exits in the aircraft. ‘look at that long arms’ Jinhwan mumbled

“If we need to evacuate the aircraft, floor-level lighting will guide you towards the exit. To the passengers sitting next to emergency exits, please read the sheet on how to open the emergency exits. Each door is equipped with an inflatable slide which may also be detached and used as a life raft.”

And that steward was holding some kind of oxygen mask. Jinhwan wonder what is he doing with that and he was answered by the announcement again.

“Oxygen and the air pressure are always being monitored. In the event of the decompression, an oxygen mask will automatically appear in front of you. To start the flow of oxygen, pull the mask towards you. Place it firmly over your nose and mouth, secure the elastic band behind your head, and breathe normally. Although the bag does not inflate, oxygen is flowing to the mask. If you are travelling with a child or someone who requires assistance, secure on your mask first, and then assist the other person. Keep your mask on until a uniformed crew member advises you to remove it.”

And he demonstrates it.

“in the event of an emergency, please assume the bracing position. Lean forward with your hands on top of your head and your elbows against your thighs. Ensure your feet are flat on the floor.”

And that steward put on some yellowish life vest on him. That vest was a contrast on his uniform.

But still handsome.

As jinhwan said it his eyes never left that lean steward body

He is some kind of weird enough person.

“A life vest is located in a pouch under your seat. When instructed to do so, open the plastic pouch and remove the vest. Slip it over your head like this”

All the cabin crews demonstrate it including him.

“Pass the strap around your waist and adjust at the front.”

His waistline is perfect. 

“to inflate the vest, pull firmly on the red cord, only when you’re at the exit leaving the aircraft. If you need to refill the vest, blow into the mouthpieces here”

And he showed where to blow the vest. ‘I wish he blow me’ Jinhwan ert mind comes up.

“use the whistle to attract attention. And the lightbulb will light up when it come in touch with water.”

He placed the whistle against his plump lips that Jinhwan already wanted to kiss it.

“At this time, your portable electronic devices must be set to ‘airplane’ mode until an announcement is made upon arrival.”

And Jinhwan’s crush at first sight was packing his stuff already.

“We remind you that this is a non-smoking flight. Tempering with, disabling or destroying the smoke detectors located in the lavatories is prohibited by law. You will find this and all the safety information in the card located in the seat pocket in front of you. We strongly suggest you read it before take-off. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask one of our crew members. We wish you all an enjoyable flight.”

He bowed slightly with his right hand crossed his chest along with a sweet smile.

As the safety demonstration ended, another voice come up.

“Flight attendants, prepare for take-off please”

With that all the cabin crews went over towards their seats. Nervous Jinhwan closed his eyes tightly while gripping both of his fist. This is his first time after all.

“you can do it Kim Jinhwan. You’re a man.” He nodded his head.

The reason why he was in the aircraft right now was…

 

Flashback to one week ago

it was a really chaotic day at XXXX Supermarket as they were about to announce the winner for their annual lucky draw, Jinhwan was sitting at the edge of the venue while waiting excitedly. He was aiming for one of the lucky draw gift.

A 51 inches LED TV

He really wants that since Chanwoo broke down his old TV.

Luck was not on his behalf as the TV goes to another winner. Jinhwan already walked away with a pouty lip on his face before he heard someone calling for his name.

“OUR REALLY LUCKY WINNER FOR TODAY IS KIM JINHWAN!!!!”

With wide eyes he turned around with his lucky draw ticket clutched on his hand. He wins something though even not a TV.

With a light of speed, he ran over to the stage.

And he didn’t know that he won the grand prize.

‘a trip to Hawaii. All expenses and accommodation are paid. First class flight back and forth.’

Present time

And that’s how Jinhwan board the plane today.

He’s not sure how long he had his eyes closed but he opened it as soon he heard that y voice again.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned off the Fasten Seat Belt sign, and you may now move around the cabin. However, we always recommend to keep your seat belt fastened while you’re seated.

In a few moments, the flight attendants will be passing around the cabin to offer you some beverages along with some snacks and foods. Please do not hesitate to ask one of the cabin crews for your needs. Now sit back, relax and enjoy the flight. Thank you.”

Jinhwan can’t stopped himself from smiling as he wished to meet that y voice owner.

“I bet he is hot but right now I need to use the lavatory”

He quickly loosens his seat belt and rose up from his seat rushing over to his destination.

It can be said that Jinhwan surely has problem with balance and weak lower region when he tripped himself at the end of the aisle, onto one of the steward.

“” a low cursed slipped from the cabin crew’s mouth named Junhoe. That’s what Jinhwan managed to steal a glance.

Jinhwan knew he was doomed.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry” he quickly gets off the steward and doomed again, he bumped into his crush-at-first-sight and now that dude was drenched with orange juices. So do Jinhwan.

Being a gentleman, Junhoe just smiled and bowed slightly.

“it’s okay sir it’s my fault for not being careful.”

His husky voice reminds Jinhwan of the chief flight attendant that just made the announcement. Jinhwan was caught spacing out as he didn’t even realize that the cabin crew was holding him few napkins to wipe his clothes.

“sir?”

And Jinhwan shook his head from his mind game.

“I’m sorry for tripping over you and making your uniform drenched.”

Jinhwan looked down looking at the floor with a slight pouty lips, feeling embarrassed by what happening just now.

Little did he knew; the steward was smiling really wide despite his cold face before the smile faded away as soon Jinhwan lifted up his face.

“it’s okay sir. Accident happen no matter where”

Junhoe chuckled softly before excusing himself to the staff’s lounge probably to clean himself.

Jinhwan on the other part obviously blushing madly at his silly mistake. He is well known for tripping too much. Rushed himself to the lavatory and cleaned his now orange-scented-and-coloured shirt before walking back to his seat.

Everything went all good along the first three-hour flight when Jinhwan’s tummy suddenly growled. He decided to grab something to eat. Pressing the small button above his head signalling the flight

attendant that he need some assist a.k.a food.

Jinhwan was flipping through the menu when he was greeted by the same husky voice.

“did you call for one of the cabin crew, Sir?”

Junhoe asked as he looked at Jinhwan before the smaller looked up, connecting their gaze.

A moment of silent filled the atmosphere before slight blushing jinhwan broke the eye contact.

“uhm I want Spicy Rice cake one set along with strawberry Milk, please”

And Junhoe swore to God he just heard an angel talking.

And that smile. That could make everyone goes like

‘aww’

‘look at that fair skin though. Even girls lost to it damn.’ Junhoe’s internal monologue spoke up.

“excuse me?”

Jinhwan waved his small hand in front of junhoe.

And Junhoe was snapped out of his mind.

“ah can you repeat it again I’m sorry sir my mistake.”

Junhoe already knew what Jinhwan ordered but he just want to hear the smaller’s voice again.

“I want Spicy Rice cake one set along with strawberry Milk”

Jinhwan repeat his order again with tired voices.

Junhoe knew this long flight surely tire this small passenger out, even Junhoe who always board the plane for work feel tired. But this time he taking a week leave to enjoy his holiday in Hawaii.

“alright. Your food is coming.”

He flashed his gummy smile which he rarely shows but this passenger surely making him smiles.

‘what is this’

Junhoe talked to himself while preparing Jinhwan’s order.

He ignored his thought and brought the food and milk to seat 03 A

And his eyes met a really sweet scenery.

“do our flight accept angel into our journey? Because I just saw one.”

Jinhwan already fell asleep on his seat. Head rest against the window panel, eyelids fluttered due to the slight of sunray, plump pink lips that really attracted Junhoe’s attention. And his fair skin that glow under the sunray making snow white run away crying.

That’s how Jinhwan in Junhoe eyes right now. He looked so breath taking which the chief flight attendant might need oxygen mask.

He brought back Jinhwan’s order to the pantry and came back with a soft silky blanket.

Specially provided for First Class passengers.

He tucked the blanket firmly all over Jinhwan petite body, making sure the smaller aren’t freezing because night on the sky is colder than the ground.

 He stared at Jinhwan’s face.

So calming.

Junhoe was drifting away from his job.

He even ignores the calling button for a while as he keeps staring on the unknown passenger.

Silly June he could check the passengers name list but he was mesmerized by the other profile.

“June ah!”

A voice called him. Jung Chanwoo.

His colleague called him earning a cold eye from Junhoe as he concluded that he need to go back to work.

“be professional June. There’s nothing happening”

He whispered to himself walking back to his station, plastering a fake smile as he approached the one calling him for his services.

Leaving the sleeping beauty with his sweet dream.

Sweet dream my .

Jinhwan was having a nightmare of his plane crashed.

A black pitched cabin greeted him when he opened his eyes, panting heavily with beads of sweat trailing down his temple. He looked over his wrist watch; 4am. No wonder the light was turned off.

He was about to get up when he felt a fabric wrapping his frame. And a loud thunder kissed his eardrums making the smaller screamed. He is afraid of it. A droplet of tear escapes his eyes as soon as he covered himself with the blanket again. Shivering alone.

At this time if he was at home he will run over to the next door. To Mrs. Kim house. His ‘grandma’.

That old woman will hug and soothed the terrified guy.

“I wonder what is grandma doing?”

The thunders continued to hold a concert on the sky, the lightning keep decorating the night sky.

Jinhwan can’t held his urinary system anymore. He need to pee. But

He is afraid.

“Lord please save me.”

In one breath he rose from his seat, quickly running himself to the lavatory. Wishing for a vacant.

A loud thud echoed in the small aisle in front of the lavatory.

Jinhwan was already on floor, landing on the soft carpet.

Meanwhile,

The one that bumped onto him was just standing there, holding a black plastic bag.

Its Junhoe.

“aww…”

Jinhwan whined slowly while rubbing his hip before standing up slowly.

“I’m sorry but I need to hurry”

With that Jinhwan was gone from Junhoe’s sight.

“he seems to be in rush”

Junhoe chuckled and went to throw the rubbish into the bin.

The flight went smooth for the rest of 6 hours.

Junhoe become his professional self again.

Jinhwan was about to puke when Junhoe walked by his seat after sending other foods to the passengers.

“do you need any help Sir?”

He asked politely and pitied the smaller one. Jinhwan shook his head as he was trying to puke out his stomach content. Junhoe softly massaged Jinhwan’s nape in order to help him.

‘so soft’

That statement crossed his mind.

“burgh”

Finally, Jinhwan puked.

And he looked terribly.

Junhoe wanted to stay with the smaller when the captain’s voice came into the speaker.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain, Kim Hanbin assisted by Kim Jiwon. We are now reaching Honolulu International Airport in 26 more minutes. The local time is 3 pm with a temperature 29 degree Celsius.”

Junhoe knew he need to go. He softly patted Jinhwan head and rushed over to the front.

Grabbing the announcement mic, he started his duty again.

“Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment. Thank you”

Junhoe walked over to the sick Jinhwan to checked on him. Making sure he was ready for the landing.

a soft beep indicated the No Smoking sign was by the captain followed by another announcement.

“Flight attendants, prepare for landing please.”

Hazy Jinhwan was blinking softly and a weak smile curved along his lips.

That y voice steward again.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land at the Honolulu International Airport. Please make sure one last time that your seat belt is securely fastened. The flight attendants are currently passing around the cabin to make a final compliance check and pick up any remaining cups and glasses. Thank you”

“Flight attendants please be seated for the landing. Thank you”

And Jinhwan tightly hugged the paper bag against his mouth in case he might be puking again.

Some bumping moment and the aircraft safely landed on the lane. Jinwan looked out the plane as the plane was taxiing to the gate.

One last announcement from that y voice.

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Honolulu International Airport. The Local time is 3;26 pm with 26-degree Celsius temperature.”

“for your safety and comfort please remain seated with your seatbelt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seatbelt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about. “

“Please checked around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please be caution when opening the overhead compartment as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight.”

“If you required deplaning assistance, please remain in your seat until other passengers have deplaned. One of our crew members will then be pleased to assist you.”

Jinhwan looked around as people started to get up to leave the aircraft.

“On behalf of iKON Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice evening!”

With that Jinhwan unfastened his seat belt, and slowly get up.

Grabbing his luggage from the overhead compartment, he started walking to the door.

There,

He was greeted and thanked by the cabin crews with a wide smile

Except one, that steward he keep on bumping.

He doesn’t even smile.

‘Maybe he is tired’

Jinhwan guessed.

‘he looks sick’

Junhoe guessed as he looked at the smaller pale face.

Jinhwan left the aircraft with a bit of disappointed but excited for his holiday.

little did something he didn't knew a lot of adventures waiting. 


thank you for reading ~~~~

here the first chapter >.<

i hope you people do enjoy reading this lame story from me as usual

subscribe,comments and upvoted are welcomed~~~

hope to see you people again~~

as my final for this semester is in three week >~~~~<

i hope i can do well

wish me luck!!!!

i love you readers kkkkkkkkkk