Chapter :5

Broken

2 years later

" Mark wake up " Nanny yanked the blanket from Mark.

" Nanny five minutes more " Mark whined snuggling into the bed sheets. He didn't want to leave his warm, comfortable bed.

" You will be late for work , Mark " she shook his body.

" What time is it now ? " he asked not intending to get up soon.

Nanny glanced at clock , " 7 : 30 "

And that was enough for Mark to jolt out of bed. 

" Nanny, nanny I am dead , if I don't reach in time the boss will fire me from job" Mark fake cried frantically searching for his jeans and tee.

" I tried to wake you up but you were glued to your bed ," she scolded Mark helping him find his clothes.

Mark rushed towards bathroom having a quick shower and changing into fresh clothes , he raced towards kitchen grabbing a piece of toast and munching it on his way outside the fornt door.

Nanny watched him a little disappointed that Mark didn't say his usual good bye to her. But her disappointed vanished when Mark rushed in to kitchen and kissed her cheek.

" Bye nanny. I really have to go now " he waved at her .

She chuckled in amusement waving at him, Mark was such a sweet boy .

********

Mark raced towards the local cafe .  He had been late for two days in a row and this would be third day he was late again. No doubt his boss will be pissed off ready to murder him. With that thought in mind he sprinted with full speed. By the time he reached the cafe, he was panting and sweating.

" You are late again " He glanced at his watch , 8:00 am

" I am in time "  Mark said looking up at his boss . 

" Well look at my watch , it's 8: 01 " his boss remarked.

" That's not my fault, I think you must mend your watch " 

His boss was a funny little old man who treated all the staffs like his own children. So it was okay for Mark to talk informally . They often joked around but he could completely transform into devil if you get in his nerves.

His boss rolled his eyes at Mark , handing him his uniform.

He greeted his coworker on his way . Mark was pretty popular here not because they knew he was an idol once but because of his kind behaviour. Thinking about his past, so much happened in these two years. He left got7, he left his family , he left his career and met a stranger who accepted him . He never knew he would get so attached with Rose. He applied for job and here he was working as a waiter in Eden Cafe. He had lost contact with got7 members , what might they be doing ?  Of course he missed them but he was happy right now .

********

Mark served the costumers with a pretty smile on his face . Almost all the costumers were gone by now and Mark was resting playing flappy bird on his phone.  He heard the bell ring and one of the workers greeting the costumers . He closed his phone keeping it in jeans pocket. Elsa came rushing to him and handed him the costumer's order . The read the order ' One caramel latte and one organic tea. ' Organic tea ?' who orders organic tea in a cafe ' Mark thought . Anyway it wasn't his job to judge people . So with a cup of caramel latte and a cup of organic tea which they magically had , he went to the said table to serve them.

He could see a girl with short brown hair wearing red one piece sitting in front of boy whose face was blocked by her back. As he neared the table , he could tell they were kissing , surely the couple didn't mind PDA. When they separated from the kiss , that's when Mark nearly had a heart attack. Sitting in front of him was none other than Jackson Wang , his best friend , his crush with a chic. Fate plays such a cruel joke on him, the one person who turned his world upside down, the one person who he desperately wanted to escape from was infront of him. What can he do right now ? Should he run away or should he just face them and prented like they were strangers. Memories of past came rushing to his head and he suddenly felt dizzy. He lost his balance and the shattering of cups drew the attention towards him. Unfortunate for him some of the contents of the cup fell on the girl's dress. Jackson gazed at him recognization  crossing his face and his eyes widened slightly. The girl stood up a huge stain evident on her dress. She slapped Mark.

" How dare you penniless waiter ruin my clothes . Do you know how much it costs?" she spat at Mark

Mark couldn't hear her at all he could see was Jackson standing in front of him. Is he dreaming ? Is this a nightmare ? 

" I am going to complain you, I am going to shut down this cafe" she screamed.

By now all the staffs were gathering at the sight in front of them . The girl threatened each staff to make them jobless.

" Suzy calm down. Let's go from here" Jackson dragged still screaming Suzy from there.

Mark stood with shaky legs, everyone glanced at him. Why was life so cruel to him ? He had just healed his wound and Jackson came and reopened it.

The boss came to Mark and shooed the staffs away to continue their work . He shook Mark out of his daze asking if he was okay .

Mark shook his head.

" Can I go home please " he asked the boss with shaky voice .

The boss nodded worried about the boy.

********

 Mark raced to his house like he had raced to cafe this morning. As soon as he reached home he went to his room throwing himself on bed . Nanny Rose watched him with worried eyes, Mark never looked this upset . Nanny knocked on his door , hearing small sniffles she invited  herself inside. Mark was hugging his pillow tightly crying on it . He was so frustrated, angry and sad that he couldn't control his tears. Nanny rubbed soothing circles on his back.

" What happened baby ? Did that old little man did something to you?" she asked referring to the cafe owner.

" No " Mark hiccupped. " Nanny , Ja___Jackson his here."

Hearing Jackson's name her eyes widened , he was the boy who lead Mark to near suicide. She can't , she won't let that boy stay anywhere near Mark.

*******

It's been few weeks since Mark had seen Jackson in the cafe. One question was still invading his mind , what was Jackson doing in LA  with a girl who he knew was Jackson's girlfriend. He was currently sitting in his usual place at the cafe. No, his boss didn't fire him . Mark was thinking about the incident earlier when his coworker came to inform that he had a visitor. Leaving his working apron on the counter , he followed the coworker. Who might be visiting him right now ?

The staff gestured him to go towards a table where his visitor was waiting.

" Ja__Jackson what are you doing here ?" Mark asked stunned to see Jackson alone ,in the cafe again.

" Here" Jackson handed him an invitation card.

" What is this ?" Mark asked confused.

" I am getting married to Suzy  this weekend "

__________________********_______________________________________

The real drama beings now. What will happen ?? Will Mark leave Jackson  forever or will fate bring them together????

Jackson you can't marry Suzy. What will happen to Markson ???😭😭😭😭😭😭

Don't forget to give your views about this chapter and keep supporting MARKSON!!!!!!

10 days remaining for finals and I haven't prepared anything . I am possessed by Markson feels. Do you notice how lovingly Mark looks at Jackson ??? Markson is alive and I am dead 👩🔫🔫. Bye bye see you in next chapter .