Chapter 1 : One Call Away

Let's Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“We’re here, Sir.” The driver said before he’s getting out of the driver seat and pulls the door of the passenger seat open for the young CEO to get out. He quickly bowed at the CEO as he stepped out and smiled at the driver.

“You may go now, I’ll call you once the dinner is over.” The CEO said with his baritone voice while fixing the cuffs of his gray Armani three-piece suit that his cousin just sent him this morning. The driver bowed at him for the last time before he’s getting back inside the car and drive off out of the restaurant entrance.

Once he got inside, the waitress with silver uniform greeted him professionally before leading him to the VIP room where the dinner will be held. The restaurant is one of the places that Chanyeol often used for some business meeting, but he never doing the personal meeting here because no matter how elegant and fancy this place is, Chanyeol always feels safe whenever he spends his time at the local café or small restaurant that didn’t meant for rich people like him to come around. Yeah, that’s because of certain someone that affect his tasted too much.

From the corner of his eyes, he can see a few of his business partner was there, spending their time with another business and contract over the table that was waiting for them to be signed on. He didn’t forget throws a few small smiles and waves at people who greeted him along the way, but never stopping his steps for them and continue following the waitress to his destination.
After a few minutes of walking, the waitress leads him inside the elevator and pressed the button of highest floor before the elevator door slide closed.

The ding voice ring shortly as they reached the highest floor. The elevator door once again slide open and the waitress wait for Chanyeol to get out before she’s bowing her head at him and pressed back the button and let the elevator leave that floor.
After suffocating minutes he spend with that waitress, Chanyeol sighs heavily, cracking his neck and fixing his attire once again before he walked pass the automatic sliding glass door in front of him.

Once he arrived at the only long table inside that room, Chanyeol pulls out a warm smile on his face.

“Mom, Dad.” He greeted them warmly as he’s making his way towards his mother who already getting up from her seat with arms open wide, ready to give him her warm hug.

“Finally you’re here, huh?” Mrs. Park chuckles, eyes lit up beautifully at the handsome young man in front of him.

Chanyeol only grins while rubbing his nape sheepishly. “The meeting was longer than I expected and Jongin almost throw his chair at me when I kept looking at my phone.”

“He should do it for real. I won’t tolerate any phone used during formal meeting.” His father playfully added, patting his shoulder as Chanyeol turn to give him a manly hug.

“You know I’d never use it during meeting unless it was something very urgent and important.” Chanyeol said once he‘s pulling away from the hug and take a seat at chair opposite from his mother. “What’s the occasion for today dinner?” He asked, taking a sip at the red wine that was poured right away from him by the waiter while looking at his parents with an eyebrow raise.

His mother shakes her head while smiling softly at him. “I can’t tell you now, not yet. We’re still waiting for another guest to come.”

Chanyeol tilts his head to the side. “Another guest? Who is it?”

“Oh, you’ll see.” His mother smiles smugly at him.

The young CEO rolling his eyes at the childish gestured of his mother. “That is why I didn’t any food here except for the red wine and the dishes.”

“You bet!”

 

----

 

Chanyeol’s palms were sweating. His eyes darted back and forth from his parents to the girl beside him. The clanking sounds of utensils and occasional short conversation between his parents and that girl didn’t really registered in his mind, because the only thing that he was thinking right now is how to take his out of here. He looks out at the big window across from him. Late November, the cold weather already came as expected, most people probably spending their night cuddling under their warm cover and listening to some their favorite song until they’re falls asleep with a glass of hot chocolate warming their inside. But not like him, spending his entire night to have dinner with his parents and the stranger girl beside him in a fancy restaurant with heater blasting so powerfully and that success to make him more sweaty than usual. He pulls out a heavy sighs as he pokes the dishes on his plate lazily. He wants to watch the latest episode of his favorite anime.

He’s not stupid, because he knows what the meaning behind all of this sudden meeting with the anonymous girl beside him. And he didn’t even like it one a bit.

“So, Chanyeol… what do you think?”

The question com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter