Chapter 1

Star Crossed

Present Day

 

 

“Ugh where is he?” Danielle groaned as she carried her camera equipment.

“The hell if i know.” Bianca said as she looked around the large convention center.

“He said he’s upstairs but we can’t go up there without a badge and ing Marcus took the badge and left so we’re screwed.” Danielle said as she stood near a set of escalators that she prayed were the ones he told her to be near.

“ Marcus he knew he was only going to be here for a day not even that and he still took this gig? What for? to meet Dean? was he serious?” Bianca said as Danielle stood there checking her phone for a new message.

“I just want to get this over with this is what? the third interview of the day? I’m annoyed and i’m ready to go.” 

“Is that him?” the younger girl said as Danielle looked up to see a guy about their age in a black t-shirt and jeans heading towards them.

“I…i think so.” she said trying not to stare in case it wasn’t him.

“……..” Bianca said her voice cracking as he got closer.

“Danielle?” the guy said stopping in front of the pair.

“Yeah…hi.” Danielle said sticking out her hand as Bianca stood there gaping.

“Jason.” he said shaking her hand.

“This is Bianca she’s helping me out today. Where do you want to sit?”

“Uh..somewhere not so noisy.” he said chuckling.

Nodding the girls let him lead the way to a corner of the convention center away from all of the crowds. Picking a table they began to set up as he stood there awkwardly.

“Do you need help?” he asked as Danielle shook her head.

“I got this.” she said smirking and quickly setting up she told him where to sit and focused the camera they did a few test shots before she and Bianca finally sat down to begin what felt like the hundredth interview of the week. 

“Is this your first time in Dallas?” Danielle asked breaking the ice as he nodded.

“Yeah i’ve never been here before. I have family in the San Antonio area but never been to Dallas before.” he said smirking awkwardly.

“Were you excited to be invited to such a large event?” Bianca asked taking the lead.

“Yeah, an event like this especially for an artist like me it’s flattering a bit overwhelming but…i’m excited to see how the crowds react to my music.” he said locking eyes with Danielle, she cleared awkwardly as Bianca continued to ask more questions.

“Thank you so much for sitting down with us today.” Danielle said as they wrapped up and they began to put away their camera equipment.

“Anytime it was fun.” he said standing up. 

“I’ll be right back restroom.” Bianca said rushing off, Danielle chuckled as she finished packing up her camera and microphones.

“This is a weird question but…have we met before?” Jason asked, Danielle stopped and looked up at him. 

“No why?” she said as he looked away his ears turning red.

“I…you just seem really familiar.” he said rubbing the back of his neck.

“I get that a lot.” she said smiling and tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

“I have a pretty common face so that’s probably it.” she added on as he looked away.

“Maybe.” he chuckled before checking his phone.

“I’m about to head over to the venue…do you...guys want to go?” he asked as Bianca walked back up to the pair.

“Sure!” Danielle said brightly her face lighting up.

“Great.” he said smirking as they all walked and chatted.

They learned that he was older than them both and that he’d been performing for a while. Bianca in her typical flirty manner asked if he was single and he said yes his ears turning red as they stood outside waiting for a cab.

“Oh shoot.” Danielle said as they stood there.

“We have our camera equipment still.” she said as Bianca shrugged.

“No biggie we’ll just carry it all night.” she said, he smirked as Danielle’s face scrunched up in disgust her nose wrinkling and wiggling the surge of familiarity rushed through him.

“No…this is heavy and i just…we’ll meet you there ok i live near the venue so we can ride together.” Danielle said as Bianca rolled her eyes.

“What?” she said as Jason laughed.

“Oh…” he said as his phone rang.

“One sec.” he said stepping away and Danielle slapped Bianca’s arm.

“He likes you.” the younger girl said as Danielle rolled her eyes.

“I’m serious…he looks at you funny…i don’t know what you said when i was in the bathroom but he like yo .” she whispered as he walked back over.

“Sorry that was my team, they actually came here to meet up with me and want to take the van over. Is that ok?” he asked as Danielle shrugged.

“That’s fine we’ll meet you at the venue then.” she said as he stared at her blankly before nodding.

“I think he was asking if we wanted to ride with them but alright i guess.” Bianca laughed awkwardly.

“oh…sorry i’m…i’m all over the place today i’m sorry.” Danielle said as he and Bianca laughed.

“It’s ok don’t worry about it…i’ll see you at the venue then.” he said waving before walking off. 

“I hate you i hope you know that.” Bianca said hitting Danielle’s shoulder.

“What did you expect? I need to get this home and safe all of today’s work is here! I’m not risking it.” Danielle said before pouting.

“Stop.” Bianca groaned as Danielle pouted more.

“I hate that cute .” she said as Danielle whined.

“But…you love me.” she said as Bianca groaned and they climbed into their cab.

“That was so weird.” Jason said as he sat in the van headed to the venue.

“The interview?” his friend Mark asked.

“No…the girl there…i swear we’ve met before.” he said as his friend stared at him blankly.

“Did she remember you?” he asked as Jason shook his head.

“No…she says we’ve never met before. But i don’t know i can’t shake the feeling that we’ve met before.” he said 

“It’s her eyes…like…i’ve seen them before. That’s weird though.”

“No you’re just being your typical sappy song writing self…weirdo.” Mark teased.