Words (2)

Limerence

The night went on, Mark was awaiting her response as he had been in the practice room ready to head out for some dinner with his hyungs. He had changed and walked out of the building with the older ones and couldn’t help but be nervous about her response back. He waited and waited for minutes to pass, but why did he wait and anticipate for her reply? Why was he so nervous? Questions, questions… he didn’t know the answer to yet his heart did.

 

    She finished dinner in a rather fast manner and once her mother had went to sleep, she quietly left her room and awaited for her mother to shut off the lights to her bedroom. She walked to the door and left without any noises. Her eyes scanned the brightly lit city and off she was to the nearest store to buy more blue pens and notebooks for her little hobby, well little was kind of an understatement, it was a huge part of her life. She walked down the streets with little money and made her way. Her mother was rather strict on the whole hobby thing, she didn’t like it and thought it distracted her from her studies but the truth was she was already one of the worst students, her grades never exceeding the expectations of really the school and her mother. But enough of that negative thinking, she had determined what she had wanted to do. She wanted what any other child would want as a child, to become famous, a singer. Dreams like that were usually only kept to dreams, but she had potential and she knew for herself. With a small puff of a sigh, she continued down the cold streets, autumn leaves being shed from the trees along the way, she closed her eyes for a second to take in the cool breeze, and the calming scent of the night air but was instead abruptly met with bumping into someone. She fell on her , not so elegantly, her eyes wide open and immediate apologies spewing from . She stood up quickly and helped the person she had bumped into.

    “Oh gosh, I’m so sorry. I should’ve looked where I was going and and-” She was stuttering in a nervous trance, she was quite the anxious and nervous type.

    The boy had cut her off, “No, no! It’s alright, it was partially my fault too, don’t worry about it. But are you okay?” He asked with his eyes locking onto hers in a sincere matter. She nodded in relief as he wasn’t mad. She quickly examined the boy, he looked around her age and, might she add, very handsome. His black hair was quite adoring to his features as well as his wide eyes that bore into hers. He coughed awkwardly and only smiled at her.

    “Oh uhh, anyways I’m sorry!” She let out a nervous laugh and started to walk away, “I’ve got somewhere to be, sorry once again!” She walked faster without looking back because that was undoubtedly an awkward situation, where she swore she was only glancing at him but ended up staring at him. “This is what happens when you don’t have any boy experiences.” She said to herself and sighed, she must’ve looked like a fool.

 

    Mark looked at the girl who had just bumped into him, and caught her blindly staring at him. He smiled slightly thinking, “Cute. She’s cute.” he coughed to catch her attention once more and broke her out of her trance.

    “Oh uhh, anyways I’m sorry!” She said and evaded his stare, he watched her practically run off with a red tint across her cheeks. He laughed a little, “how cute,” he thought once again and made his way back to the dorms with a smile, this was the unknowingly, adorable first encounter with his soulmate.

 

    She had made her way through the cool night streets, looking at the bright lights she had grown up to stare at night by night. The city was where she truly belonged, from the cracked pavements to the buildings built higher than the clouds. Her eyes followed each neon sign, she stuffed her hands in her hoodie pocket, lifted her hood to cover her face and got to the destination she valued most. She went into a single room for karaoke and there she could practice when she had time to. She would sing and sing, getting better each time with her skills as well as dream. At the end of every night, there was destiny she needed to follow, including her dream. As her night came to an end, she walked out the karaoke room, stretching her arms and leaving with a smile. Soon before noticing a new message written on her arm, she read it quickly and with a pause, she thought was he going to ask to meet her? She responded and then awaited his response. She wondered, “Was he going to open up to her?” The thought of that only made her grin, she would finally be able to know who her soulmate truly was.

 

    Mark got back to his dorms, washing up and getting ready for bed when he saw blue ink fade into his forearm. He fished out his black pen, quickly, starting from step one, he told her of his trainee life, telling her of his stress and advice for any way to relieve such complications in his mind. He felt better once he wrote it all down, he felt better telling her his stress, he felt better to know he would have someone to listen to his rants, he felt better because of his soulmate, he felt better to have her as his soulmate.

    He laid on top of the mattress, twiddling his thumbs, thinking about many things, from the next day of training to her. He wondered where she was right now, whether she was sleeping or up. He had to take the initiative to open up for her to do so too, this was coming to a start of something that both did not anticipate. With a thump of their hearts, each time an inking seeped into their arm, they were coming closer and closer together in a not-so-small city. The world was a small place, especially for these two to meet in several more accounts, in the near future.