Beginning (0)

Limerence

 

Slight flickers of markings scrawled across her left forearm, in a hasty handwriting, black pen inking her skin. She halted in the middle of her morning meal to carefully read the sheer message. Lyrics, they were lyrics, she thought, a small grin covering her mischievous lips. Her right hand drew up to lean on her other arm and watch, as whoever her soulmate was, write in a quick manner. These words, which she encoded to be lyrics, had started not only a couple days ago. Everyday, she would see one or two times of these markings appearances, many times as the first being completely confounded by the words. She hadn’t written back, no not yet, she was far too timid.

    Her fingers lightly traced over her other half’s writings, the lyrics that withheld political and social corruption meanings. Surely, the couple mistakes, made over tiny grammatical errors, got her hand reaching for the black pen behind her ear, wiping the mistake and fixing the minor issue in a quick, yet, unnoticeable manner. She enjoyed what she was able to read from her other, she was intrigued in what they would come up with next, always anticipating and falling in love with the words they scribbled. She admired whoever her soulmate were to be, her heart always influencing to pick up the pen and writing back yet her head screamed stop, take your time, don’t be creepy.

    A long drawn breath, she stood up to get on with her school day, being the 17 year old her life was filled with study, socialize, study, eat, sleep, drink, study… and so on, her day was seemingly more interesting as their writing sparked her interest, some days keeping her awake in class. Days would pass, one day leading to a month of shying into the dark, but one month was enough. Her timid self vanquished, the minute she blindly grabbed a blue colored pen to write the response she had structured, a sentence that seemingly shocked and put the soulmate of hers in a state of awe. The story of youthful love had begin to take its budding.