1: Bobby

The Forgotten Souls of Olympus

As you read this, if this book feels like just a book, then continue reading at you personal leisure. If you start to recognize events that occur, or even start to feel something stirring within the pages, then close. This. Book. This crap may be entertaining to read, but it's a living hell in real life. None of us want another death of a demigod, so if you haven't been claimed yet, FIND A SATYR. I can't stress how important this is. You can choose to ignore this advice.

Have fun dying, if you do so.

- Kim Bobby

 

 

Ah, the irony of being labeled as the "bad kids" when Hanbin and I were the only ones who would shut up during the beginning of class. We sat in the back of the room, watching the teacher yelling at everyone for being so loud. Hanbin let out a gusty sigh just as the rest of the students quieted down.

"I said," Ms. Lim hissed, eyes flashing as she slammed her hand down on her small podium, "to be quiet!" I just stared at her, mouth hanging open in amazement. 

"How incredibly stupid are you?" Hanbin mumbled quietly. Just... not quietly enough.

"What did you say?" She snarled, looking absolutely murderous. Uh-oh. She ranted for several minutes, but after a while, Hanbin just seemed to space out as his expression grew bored. He sighed again, leaning back in his seat. Mrs. Lim's eyes bulged out to the point where I thought they would pop right out of her sockets. Her voice rose by several octaves, now screeching at the both of us.

"Wha-" I turned to face Hanbin, trying my best to resist the urge to slap her in her heavily made-up face. I may be a dude, but even we can tell when a girl has been dumping make-up on her face. "What did I do?" I whispered to my best friend. He flashed me a lazy smile.

"We're the bad kids, remember? We have ADHD and Dyslexia, we're limited," he drawled, quoting the exact words that the principal had tried to put as kindly as possible. I snickered, shaking my head.

I think that's when I saw it from the corner of my eye.

At first I thought it was just the sulight filtering in from the window blinding me. So when I took a long look, I knew that there was no way that was a trick of the light.

"Yo, do you see that?" I mutter to Hanbin. When there's no answer, I shift my eyes slightly to the right, trying to keep both him and the thing in my view. Judging by the way he looked like he was going to piss his pants and was staring at the same direction I was, he saw it.

It didn't look particularly intimidating, but if there's a shadowy figure hovering in the corner of your classroom, you should be a teensy bit freaked out. It didn't exactly seem solid, more made out of a bundle of smoke, and molded into the form of a human. It didn't really have facial features, just the outline of a nose the lightest outline of a pair of lips. 

The teacher had started teaching the class three minutes ago, so no one was watching us. 

"What the hell do we do?" Hanbin whispered frantically into my ear. 

"How would I know?" I asked urgently. It was simply... floating there. "Maybe it's friendly," I suggested tentatively.

"Well, what is it?" Just as he said those words, its head suddenly turned towards us, and began floating towards our direction. No on else seemed to notice it, as its feet skimmed the top of someone's head. It stopped right in front of my desk. And I kid you not, my heartbeat seemed to slow down. 

I had just muttered "what the ?" when an invisible force sent me flying to the front of the room.

Nearly everyone screamed as I slammed into the front of the room, my head knocking against the blackboard. I slid to the ground. I could practically feel the bruises sprouting as I shook my head once, groaning. I blinked hard, once. When I opened my eyes, the thing was staring straight at me.

"Holy-" I let out a foul cuss word. Good thing Mrs. Lim was in a complete fit of shock and in no position to yell at me.

And then the weirdest thing happened (as if things hadn't been weird enough). A voice resonated in my head, almost like I was reading someone else's mind. I groaned, as the voice brought a throbbing pain as well as an undecipherable message.

"We have waited too long. We will not remain still anymore." 

 

-//-

 

The principal's office is not a fun place to be. Principal Park stared at us over thin wire spectacles from where he sat behind the massive desk. He was young for his occupation, and had quite a reputation for his good looks. Hanbin and I exchanged a glance as he opened his mouth, no doubt preparing to give us an earful for "destroying school property".

And then my day got weirder.

"Do you boys know what you are?" Principal Park asked us in a hushed whisper. His eyes, normally so placid, were now urgent and scared.

"Uh," I looked at Hanbin. Crazy person alert, he seemed to be saying with his wide eyes. "What exactly do you mean, Principal?"

"What happened in there?" He asked. I hesitated. Teacher Lim had called us insane criminals when we tried to explain. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be accused of being terrorists again. Like, how the does a teenage boy slam himself across a room with enought force to crack the walls?!

"There was... a figure," Hanbin said from beside me. I swung around to stare at him. ABORT!!! I tried to scream at him with my facial expressions, but he just ignore me and continued talking. "It was just a misty cloud hovering in the corner of the room. It didn't really have a face, but there was a light outline." I watched the principal as his face grew more and more horrified.

"It's even worse than I feared," he muttered under his breath before looking up at us with beady eyes.

"What's worse?" I asked.

"You both need to go to this address," he said as he frantically scrawled something down on a sticky note, completely ignoring my question. "If anyone asks, say that Park Chanyeol sent you. I'll try to send a message before you get there, but communication lines with the school may be cut." I accepted the piece of paper, looking at the street name and number.

"Principal- I don't- What do you-," he waved away each of my words with a careless hand.

"Be quick," he warned us, pushing us out of his office.

The door shut behind us, and I wanted to bang my head against a wall.

We ran out of the school, dodging suspicious teachers who asked us what we were doing during class time. Hanbin hailed a taxi at the side of the street, and we both shoved ourselves inside as quickly as we could. I tossed the sticky note at the flustered taxi driver, saying something along the lines of crazy principal wants us to go there! He started the car and, encouraged by my yelling, swerved enthusiastically through the streets to get to our destination.

Thanks to the driver, we got to the address in about ten minutes. It was legitimately the middle of nowhere. A forest stretched before us, which is a rare sight for Korea. Befuddled, I gave the appropriate amount of money and got off the car, Hanbin right behind me. The taxi zoomed away, anxious to leave us now that he had gotten his money.

"Where are we?" Was the intelligent question that came out of my mouth.

"Lord knows," Hanbin sighed, then began walking into the forest, which, now that I think about it, probably wasn't the best idea. However, I just followed him.

And here's where things really start to go downhill.

A sudden chill settled in the air, freezing my skin and making me dizzy. I froze, but before I could say or do anything, I was hit in the back of the head so hard I face-planted into the mud.

 

 


A/N: Okay, I'm sorry for the short chapter and the long wait. I wanted to make the progress of the intro a bit speedier, since everyone is probably used to the whole "demigod finds camp" situation. Thank you to those who subscribed and commented! Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I love reading what you guys think.

Song of the chapter:

Immortals by Fall Out Boy