Part II

You're the "OH" to my NO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, wow. They can dance, that’s what I can say.” Mingyu comments as the group of five starts swaying their hips and flicking their hands along with the music. All the while, the redhead has not yet removed his stare from Hansol. It came to the part when they were going to sway their fingers along with their hips, and at that very moment, the guy gave another wink to Hansol. And he wasn’t gonna lie, he was starting to like the way the other boy was looking at him and only him while they danced, and even though the dance wasn’t all that sensual, Hansol was feeling too hot to be in the crowded room.

 

            “Hey, Hans, not trying to be captain obvious here, but that red-hair has been staring at you ever since they started dancing.”

 

Wonwoo muses, making Mingyu laugh. “What are you saying? I think the dancer likes Hansolie here.” He gives Hansol a playful pat on the shoulder, but the younger was too busy staring at the redhead’s fine to feel the slight pat on his shoulder. The last chorus was sang and the five bowed to the audience, earning cheers and applause from the partygoers. 

 

            “Thank you everyone! Now that was a dare, but since you guys seemed to enjoy it so much, I’ll give you guys another show.” The blonde-haired one with slanted eyes spoke. He passes the microphone to the redhead and everyone cheers louder, Hansol covering his ears from the loudness. “Hey everyone! I know you enjoyed me dancing too much, but that’s it for me tonight! Thank you for enjoying our performance even though it was too sudden. But sorry to say I have to return these clothes to my sister.” The crowd laughs along with Mingyu and Wonwoo, but Hansol was the only one frowning. He’s leaving already? He thought. He stood up and told the two that he’d be back, and Wonwoo gave him a nod while Mingyu held both hands in a thumbs up gesture. He kept on tiptoe as he followed the redhead with his eyes and saw him go up the stairs. After a moment when no one was looking, he made a mad dash up the stairs and was greeted by too many doors.

 

            “What the hell? How am I—“

 

            “You’re here.”

 

Hansol almost jumped, (keyword: almost) at the voice. He  stumbled a bit before he turned around, ready to apologize when he was faced with the person he’d been looking for. “Uhm . . . I—“ the redhead stepped closer, squinting his eyes at Hansol. “I think I’ve seen you somewhere before,” the boy said. He steps forward again, invading Hansol's personal space (not that he was complaining) and was staring him at the face. After a second the boy’s eyes lit up with recognition and he stepped back a little, still too near Hansol, pointing a finger at him.

 

            “Aha! You’re that guy who was sleeping at the stairs!” Hansol forgot that he still wasn’t speaking up so he clears his throat and nods. “Uhm, yeah . . . yeah that was me.” The boy nods and his head to the side, “What are you doing up here, though?” Hansol opens his mouth to speak but stops short, what am I gonna say? That I liked the way you danced, especially your so I was go gonna look for you and hope that maybe something might spark between us? The redhead looked too shocked for words and it was only when the other boy stepped back did he realize that he just said it all out loud.

 

            “I said that out loud, didn’t I?”

 

The guy nodded, recovering from the surprise of Hansol's words. “I’m sorry about that I didn’t mean to say it out loud. I was just panicking because I think I'm starting to like you—“ Hansol cups his mouth before he starts blabbering too much. The redhead smiles at him and nods. “Seungkwan,” the boy said, and Hansol looked confused. “My name is Seungkwan,” the boy repeats. Hansol realized what the guy—Seungkwan meant and instinctively reached out his hand, “Hansol. My name is Hansol.” Seungkwan releases a giggle and takes the others hand.

 

            “Nice to meet you, then, Hansol.” He mused a smile and looked at their hands, which Hansol was still clutching. Hansol was too mesmerized by the others smile that he was only snapped out of it by the clearing of Seungkwan’s throat. “Uhm . . . thank you, I guess?” Hansol once again, was confused and remembered the comment that slipped from his lips. “Oh, I—I . . . what? You’re not offended?” Seungkwan laughs his adorable laugh and shakes his head. “Why would I be offended when someone compliments me and confesses that he likes me?” Hansol laughs at his own density and bravely asks Seungkwan if he could accompany him for the rest of the night. “Oh, I’d love to stay but I really need to get home. My sister is waiting for me.” Hansol didn’t want to leave Seungkwan alone yet so he offered to walk him home. “It’s okay, the party’s boring anyway.” Seungkwan thanks him and proceeds to enter the bedroom to change his clothes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter