III. A whole new world I

13 Boarding House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
note: i am religious myself. as I pointed out in the foreword, this story only keeps certain things according to the truth and myths.so please do not take offense   III.             A whole new world I

 

It was ridiculous that he was checking himself in the mirror, making sure he looked properly just so that he could meet up with the other residents of the same boarding house. It’s not like he was going out on a date and even though there was a cute and beautiful woman that was in charge of everything. Then again, that incubus dude looked amazing and the other had a great yet weird fashion sense so maybe it wasn’t that big of a stretch to actually make himself look good. He didn’t have a suit but he did have a pair of slim jeans that he made sure to pack as he left and a white shirt he could iron and, just so that he could love his apartment even more, he had the items needed to remove all the wrinkles. He didn’t have to worry about a tie since it had a mandarin collar so the only thing he had to do was to shower and then put them on. He was running out of time so his hair was still partially damp even as he left the room. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs since he could hear voices and that meant he was extremely close to meeting them. Carefully walking towards the reception, he gulped as he realized the noise was coming from behind a door that was on the same side with the stairs. It wasn’t yet midnight and that meant he still have a few minutes to calm himself down but things were not working on his timetable.

“What are you doing?” Sia appeared behind him, as in right behind him as if she was his shadow.

“Oh... hi.” He jumped around and leaned against the wall, his heart beating fast since he had been honestly scared.

“Come on...” she moved towards the door, preparing to open it. “You should meet the guys. They are all here.” She flashed him a smile and then opened the door and got inside.

“Yes. Let’s.” he put his hand above his chest, taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

Stepping inside the room, he was once again confused. How in the world was this house designed? The rooms were right above the staircase, on the same side and the opposite one, and that meant that the particular room he was entering had to be as big as the rooms opposite from the staircase and yet it looked like it was a miniature penthouse apartment. The walls were paved with wood, carved here and there, an almond color or a similar shade, paintings with creatures on the wall, a really big library on the left side with probably hundreds of books, some even with golden lettering. Or it looked like gold. It was like he suddenly entered a library given how big it was. Finally trying to look to the front, he noticed a big , yes big , fire place with items above it that looked like they were made out of silver or gold.

“Hello.” Sia tried to get his attention, thinking he could look around after the meeting was over as well.

Kyuhyun snapped and turned towards her, now coming to realize that absolutely every wall had a library and tables put here and there with a few chairs. And finally, in the middle of what should have been called an apartment or a public library, a really big table and a group of men talking in front of it. Kyuhyun couldn’t tell what was on that last wall because they were blocking his view but he had seen plenty to think that this room was awesome. Like a library taken out of Harry Potter or something.

“Sorry....” he apologized first. “My first time here.” He pointed out as he approached them.

They didn’t look all that bothered about him not greeting them from the moment he got inside. In fact, they didn’t look particularly interested in striking a conversation with him and that made Kyuhyun wonder if maybe he was experiencing some sort of hazing or something. Did magical creatures and people with abilities even had hazing rituals? Without being told anything, Sia put a cup in front of them with a lot of sticks inside of it and waited for each to pick one. When it finally came his turn, Kyuhyun couldn’t help but notice there was only a number written on it.

“Alright. As the Caretaker, I have to ask you to take a seat and then I will go through the agenda of this meeting.” Sia talked in a louder voice.

Everyone scrambled and took a seat at the table as if they were little kids that were listening to their teacher. Giving how Sia was standing next to a seat of her own, Kyuhyun easily understood that the remaining empty spot was his. Sitting down, he finally noticed that there were 12 chairs at the table and could look around to see that final wall where yet again, there was a very exquisite bar. The place was extremely cool and he liked what he was seeing but he was starting to get nervous since there were no introductions done yet.

“Good. Now... first... the ground rules of the house. Then introduction and finally any questions, if there are any.” Sia took a deep breath.

“Yes, mom.” A few joked about it while the rest just smiled and sat properly at the table.

“Kids...” she returned the joke. “No fighting, no using your powers. We are a community and we share if needed. We do not intrude in each other’s private lives. If you have a problem with anything, you come to ask me. You can bring in food, you can cook food but if you order delivery, then you receive it at the door and nothing else. That’s easy and basic manners so it shouldn’t be a problem.” She took a deep breath after saying those things at quite a fast pace.

It made Kyuhyun look at her, confused as to why she sounded so absolutely done with her job. There was this hint of annoyance and yet need to comply with the rules in her voice that made him wonder why did she look so bored with her job. It was like she didn’t want to say that nor even be there and yet she had no choice and therefore tried to get things done as soon as possible so that she could go back to doing whatever she was doing when she was sitting on the chair at her reception desk. Still, she wasn’t the only one that looked rather bored with the matter. The 10 people that were there only nodded their heads from time to time, sporting a look that said they had heard this a long time ago and they did not need to hear that again. It actually looked like they were putting up with it simply because there was a newcomer and it had to be done.

“As far as the introductions go, I guess it would help if we go one at a time. I will ask to explain a bit about yourselves since our newest resident has no knowledge of this world. I will begin. My name is Sia, a Negative. Negatives can cancel someone’s power. Out of those born on Friday 13, 13:00, some are chosen to be negatives and some to be pluses. I am the caretaker of the House and through me the House restrains your powers.” She quickly went through her part of the deal, continuing to stand up even as she finished talking, pointing towards the first person next to Kyuhyun on his right.

Kyuhyun turned his head and looked towards the man that she had pointed out. He was really thin, perhaps the thinner of them all, with short blonde hair, a beautiful dimple and really clean clothes. He looked as if he was some sort of an office worker or something because he was wearing a suit and looked as if he was going to have a business meeting sometime soon. Turning his head towards Kyuhyun, a smile appeared on his face and he even bowed towards him, making Kyuhyun quickly stand up and bow as well.

“Nice to meet you. My name is Park Jungsoo but I am mostly called as Leeteuk.” He began talking and then glanced towards Sia as if asking her if he needed to say more. “I am an Angel.” His smile turned even brighter.

“Oh...” Kyuhyun nodded his head, putting together that information with the rest he had oon the other tenants. “A pleasure.”

As he sat down, a buff person wearing a loose shirt and short pants, the complete opposite of the first guy, with his hair a mess, stood up and then groaned towards Leeteuk, showing from the start that he was not the best friend of the Angel. To Kyuhyun’s surprise, Leeteuk almost rolled his eyes and slightly turned his chair to the side to avoid the looks the other was getting him. If his intuition was right, he was the demon.

“You can call me Kangin since my original name does not matter. Unlike this wannabe saint here, I represent the real side of people.” He grinned and then leaned towards Kyuhyun. “If you ever want to let go and be real, to enjoy being yourself....”

Sia cleared her voice, giving Kangin a look that was saying he should cut it out or she would have him cut it off. Not only was he subtly insulting Leeteuk, he was also tactfully suggesting the newcomer should join the dark side and get involved in actions that most surely involved violence of any kind. His attitude and body size made Kyuhyun lean back a bit, now completely convinced that this particular person was indeed the demon. To his surprise, the demon nodded his head as if saying he agrees it was not the time and then sat himself back down.

“We’ve met.” The next man stood up, closing his suit jacket while grinning at Kyuhyun.

“Donghae.” Kyuhyun greeted back.

“Oh, you remembered me. I am glad. I can tell you all you want to know but for starters... let me explain a bit about myself.” He spoke again, sitting his bottom on the edge of the table, still flirting. “I am an incubus. That means I have an amazing drive and can blow your mind with my skills.” He smirked.

A few of the people around suddenly chocked on their own saliva while a few others glanced towards Donghae and gave him an approving look. That included the demon that seemed very satisfied with the level of self-confidence the incubus had. Even Sia seemed to be amused, letting Kyuhyun to believe that they were extremely used to this type of behavior and it was as casual as the everyday ‘Hello’ people could speak towards each other.

“Questions for later.” Sia urged to the continuation of the introduction since she knew very well that Donghae could have gone for hours talking about his charm and skills.

“It’s nice to see you.” A slightly taller but thinner man stood up, his dark red haired standing out. “My name is Lee Hyukjae. I am a werewolf. You don’t have to worry much about things because I only shift at full moon. It’s better not to upset me that day otherwise Eunhyuk will be a bit edgy.” He offered an advise as well.

“Eunhyuk?’ Kyuhyun gulped, wondering who this person was that would hurt him if he pissed off Hyukjae.

“The wolf me.” Hyukjae laughed, his gummy smile showing.

It actually made Kyuhyun smile back, thinking that he had a really bright smile, almost childish. The corners of his mouth raised up as he smiled, his gums revealed, and it even caused some wrinkles around the eyes. He looked kind of adorable if he were to be frank and that made it hard for him to believe he could turn into a scary wolf that was ready to attack him when needed.

“Later.” Sia was quick to stop Kyuhyun this time, putting her hand on his shoulder to shut him up before he could speak. “Please...” she actually glared at him, scaring him once again.

“I guess this means it is my turn.” Heechul stod up, arranging his hair in the process. “I am a wizard and I do own a few cats but don’t worry about them. They are room grounded. Heebum might spy but only if he feels something is off. We met before.” He grinned before sitting himself back down.

The man standing right across from Kyuhyun was handsome and carried himself as if he was a privileged person.  His hair fixed to the side with perhaps way too much hair gel than was actually needed, wearing a vest and a suit jacket, a watch that looked extremely expensive around his wrist, he looked like the rich guy of some big shot family that had gotten mixed in the same house with others that were completely not at his level.

“Greetings. My name is Choi Siwon. Unlike those before me I am a mere human that had been granted some special abilities.” He bowed while introduced himself.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Heechul frowned. “I am human too.” He pointed out.

“I am sure that was true up until your 120th birthday.” Siwon gave a smile back. “As for my ability... let’s simpl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter