chapter 1:the call

Behind it all

you don't have to love me now anyways" I said ending the song. My producer gave me the thumbs up . Finally I was done recording this album. I removed the headphones from my ear and exited the sound booth

" that was perfect" my producer trayvon said

" why thank you, I'm just happy the albums finally, done now I can finally get a good nnight's rest." I said.

Between my tour that just ended , my photos hoots and producing this album I haven't even had enough time to blink let alone sleep.

" you look like you haven't slept in years" he said

" I look that bad" I said getting worried about my appeared cereal

" you don't look bad, you just seem tired I've seen you when your full of energy and this isn't it" trayvon elaborated

"OH" I said just then I heard the door in the production room open and my head turned. It was my manager marae.

" I have good news mariah" she said as she did a little happy dance entering the room.

" Good news as in work, or good news as in actual good news" . I asked

" bit of both" she said the last thing i needed was more work I think I'm actually running on empty. the last time I ate was yesterday morning. The last time I slept for more then two hours was god knows when . I'M actually suprised I haven't fainted from malnutrition and sleep deprivation.

" so what's the news" I asked lacking emotion. Emotion takes energy , energy was something I didn't have.

" vogue korea wants you to me on the cover of the latest issue with rapper dragon" she said 

" korea ain't that in Asia" i asked she nodded in response. I started estimating the distance from l.a. to korea . Already my head started to hurt thinking about the miles.

" what's a g dragon" I asked "more like who, he's only the biggest rapper in asia, also a model, fashion icon and entrepreneur she explained

" nope never heard of him. Wait did you just say hes a rapper" I asked

" yeah" she responded " dose he rap in english" I asked

" korean " she answered . As soon as I heard that I started laughing I'd never heard korean so I just imagined somebody rapping in chinese.

" tell them I decline" I said calming down from my fits of laughter.

She looked at me as if I had gone mad. I decided it was time to call it quits and head home. My schedule was clear and that's how it needed to stay. I was on my way to the production studio door when marae grabbed my hand.

" listen, sweetie, I know your tired from the touring,  recording the album , and recent photo shoots but this is vogue.  Opportunities like this just don't happen. And you doing this photo shoot with a big name in asian such as g dragon.  Can bring you more exposure internationally" she said entering her manager mode. I hated manager mode she could literally talk me into doing anything.

" but I'm tired " I whined she chuckled at my child like excuse.

" you know I want what's best for your career and so do you . Just it up and after that I promise I won't burden you with anything else" she said

" you just want that manager's cut" I said smiling

" that too" she admitted . We bough laughed . We got along so well in many ways she reminded me of my mother

" fine but promise no more work after this" I said

" I promise" she said

" fine schedule it" I said hugging her

" where you going" she asked as I headed for the exit purse in hand

"Home" I replied closing the production room door.

_________________________________________________________________one week later.....

" flight 415 to south Korea departing in 10 minutes , all passenger be sure your seat belts are on" I heard the monitor say as I sat in first class

I felt my phone vibrate in my pants and I reached into my back pocket to grab it. I looked at the caller ID Marae/Manger it read. I swiped accept and put my phone to my ear.

" hey " . Marae said over the phone " hey" I replied

" you doing okay". she asked

" I'm fine , I just can't believe I let you talk me into doing a photo shoot with this bootleg rapper, he looks like a girl" I stated

" now Mariah , be nice" Marae said over the phone her comment caused me to chuckle.

" no forreal, the size of his forehead is incredible that s big enough to be a second face" I said as I mentally rembered the pictures I had stumbled upon when i Googled him. " and what's up with the crazy hair styles, he's like shorter, asian male version of lady gaga" I said I heard as my Manger panted for breaths on the other side .

" but he's actually good looking once you get over the initial shock that he's a boy" I said causing myself to chuckle. A few things that I had noticed about this g dragon fella is he had nice eyes and a nice smile. I was gonna look into his music but I had already predetermined I wouldn't like it.

" please promise you won't insult him" she said

"I won't insult him unless he insults me" I said I wasn't the type of person to walk up to anybody and say mean things. People have feelings.

" well I'm gonna catch my flight tonight , I'll meet you at the hotel tomorrow  bye" she said 

" bye" I responded right before pressing end call on my iphone. I dug into my cardigan pocket and pulled out my beats earbuds.from LA to Korea was definitely going to be a long ride. I Began scrolling through my playlist till  I found a song I wanted to here. Royals by one of my favorite artists lorde. On the bright side I could catch up on some sleep.