part 2.

Always, Since the Start

Somehow, romance never does work out for her.

The 27-year-old woman by the name of Choi Yuna, walks out alone of her office building one night with her handbag in hand and looks around for a taxi.

She sees the streets full of couples hand in hand, chatting enjoyably, and feels a tug in her chest that she is already used to. Just how many boyfriends have she had since high school? She rolls her eyes at herself- it's the umpteenth time she's asking herself that question and a huge number four just flashes before her eyes. And how many of them actually lasted over a year? She coughs, facing the question yet again; the longest one actually lasted only five months. It annoys her that she doesn't know why; it annoys her even more that she thinks she knows why but she doesn't want to accept that as the reason to this.

Suddenly she feels a light tap on her shoulder and she turns around swiftly.

"Are you Choi Yuna ssi?" her jaw drops when she sees the face. She would totally recognise that face anywhere; she could never forget that face.

"Lee Seokmin ssi," she mutters almost inaudibly, unable to recover to her senses.

He breaks into a smile and he laughs in surprise and happiness, delighted to have correctly identified her, grateful to have finally found her after eight years.

Yuna slowly brings a hand to and her trembling lips slowly curve into a smile.

"What brings you here?" Seokmin first asks.

"I work here," Yuna points to the building behind her.

Seokmin's eyes widen at her reply. "I just moved here," he says and points to the apartment complex down the road.

Yuna's eyes too, enlarge in disbelief.

"Would you like to have a meal together?" he extends an invitation that Yuna's heart has been secretly hoping for.

Trying her best to hide the excitement within her, she nods her head, "Sure."

As they walk off together Yuna feels her heart flutter, an emotion that she has never felt for eight years.

"How have you been doing the past..." Seokmin stops to count, "eight years?"

It's been eight years, Yuna thinks, and takes in a deep breath. Then why are you still here?! She asks her feelings, utterly confused and frustrated.

"I went to college, graduated and got a job," she vaguely answers.

"That's..." Seokmin is at a loss for words, stumped by her reply.

Yuna laughs. "I lead a boring life, right?"

As Seokmin's eyes turn into crescents while he grins, Yuna feels what it's like to be eighteen again; she feels what it's like to be in love again.

"この気持は
青春の忘れ物"
"This feeling
It's what I've forgotten in my youth"

 

~•~

 

After an hour long meal of catching up and getting to know each other that the two have failed to do so as teenagers, it is about time to leave.

However, neither parties want to part, their hearts feeling an attraction to each other, warmed up with nostalgia.

"What do you think of a couple that skips courtship and dating to go straight into marriage?" Seokmin suddenly asks as they step out of the restaurant to the streets.

"What?" Yuna turns and looks up with huge eyes, a swirl of wild thoughts swarming her mind.

Seokmin sees the shock on her face and immediately apologises, "I'm sorry for the sudden awkward question."

Maybe it's the alcohol, maybe it's the hard winter, Yuna doesn't care. "Do you know that crazy feeling of being in love with one person for eight years? That even though you have zero chance of meeting, you are still in love with that person?"

Seokmin only stares at her without a sound as a response. They look deeply into each others' eyes and for a minute the whole world seems to stop, until Seokmin takes her hand and pulls her to an alley.

Yuna leans her back against the wall. Their breaths are synchronised, and their chests move up and down as they pant.

Seokmin slowly bends his head down to close the distance between their faces. Yuna takes a deep breath, and impatiently pulls him in by the collar before their lips are locked.

When they pull away, gasping for air, the strong gaze does not break.

"You don't know," Yuna starts, "How I've always been in love with you since the start," she says and pants.

"I loved you since forever," is his earnest reply before he cups her face in his hands to share another kiss.

Yuna places her arms around Seokmin's neck to deepen the kiss, and while they do so, their hearts cannot help but feel that this is where they belong.

 

A/N:

No I did not forget about this story!! (Okay actually I did for a while orz) Here's finally the ending because I've been having seokju feels recently (damn disappointing they were on the same stage ytd WITHOUT INTERACTION I'm so disappointed) so I'll write even more seokju HAHAHA do look forward!! 

P. S. Sorry for that aggressive ending Yuju has been q aggressively y in the recent collaboration stages and my heart is still shook