First Day

Saphire Emerald Ruby Onyx (SERO)

A/N: Hey everyone! Here is chapter two! I hope you all enjoy it!

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the members of Vixx. I am simply borrowing the essense of these beautiful souls for the benefit of my story.

I love you all! Please rate and subscribe and comment!

Much Love,

S.

 I woke up to Minnie's and my own alarms going off simultaneously with the same song. I groaned at the cacophonous sound and sat up. Minnie sat up pouting and rubbing her eyes.

“Morning Minnie.” I said as I slowly dragged myself from the warmth of my blankets. I instantly regretted my decision. I squeaked at the crisp air on my skin and almost rushed back to the warmth of my bed.

“Morning.” Minnie replied. She chuckled at my squeak. “You get to shower first since you got out of bed first.” I groaned and stuck my tongue out at her. She returned the favor.

“Fine but if I use all the hot water it’s your fault.” I turned and grabbed my uniform and headed to the bathroom to shower. I showered quickly sure to leave Minnie with enough hot water. I didn't actually want her to suffer this early in the morning. I quickly got dressed and went back to the bedroom.

Minnie was still snuggled in bed but she was ticking things off on her fingers. If I had to guess she was probably going through her mental checklist of everything she had to do before we left for school. I chuckled at her moves.

“Your turn.” I went to the mirror drying my hair as much with the towel as I could before pulling it back into a half pony. Minnie pulled herself out of bed and made her way to the bathroom with a groan. I finished my hair and then put on my makeup and adjusted my tie. I grabbed my backpack and made sure it had everything I needed in it.

Minnie came back into the room and pulled her hair up the same way mine was and started on her makeup as I went to the bookshelf. I pulled one of my favorite books off the shelf and put it in my bag.

“Do you want to eat here or get something on the way?” I asked as I pulled on my skirt.

“We should probably eat first. We don't want to miss the train, or get lost, or be late.” She rambled as she counted on her fingers again. She pulled her bag over to her and triple checked that she had everything.

“Ok then let’s go and eat. Do you have everything you need?” I say pulling my bag onto my back.

“I think so. I think mom mentioned packing our lunches for us so hopefully that is in the kitchen too. Otherwise we have to eat cafeteria food and if it is anything like American cafeteria food I would very much like to not.” She said scrunching her nose in disgust as she shouldered her backpack. I headed to the door shuddering.

“I would like to think that maybe our school was just exceptionally disgusting. But for some reason, I kinda doubt it.” I said and headed out of our room and toward the kitchen.

“I think you are right.” She nodded in agreement following behind me.

On the kitchen counter sit two matching bags one was green and the other was blue. I went over to the blue bag and peeked inside.

“Ooh this all looks super yummy.” I said looking at all the foods our mom had packed.

“I hope it tastes as good as it looks. It's all Korean brands that I have never heard of.” She said rezipping her bag.

“Mom probably tasted everything first. She knows us well enough.” I grinned and zipped my bag before making my way to the fridge. I pulled out two apples and two mangos and handed one of each to Minnie. She nodded in thanks and I bit into my apple happily. Minnie checked her watch.

“We should eat and walk. I really don't want us to be late and I have a feeling that you are gonna need some extra time to get your bearings.” She stated clipping her lunch bag to her backpack and then shouldering it. I frowned at the thought.

“Yeah. That is probably a good idea. Sorry.” I mumbled snapping the clips of my lunch bag to my bag and walking toward the door.

“You have no reason to be sorry sweetie. I get it. I was there remember. I want you to be able to take your time. It’s no big deal. I promise.” She smiled warmly at me and I took her hand.

“Thanks.” I pulled her gently out the door. “You have the key right?” She nodded and we headed down the street in the direction our father had directed us to go.

The train station was incredibly easy to find. We paid for our fare and walked to the benches in the middle of the platform. My stomach was queasy and I held tight to Minnie's hand. I did not like it one bit. My heart raced and I bounced my knee up and down nervously.

“You doing ok?” Minnie asked. She knew I wasn't ok. But it was comforting that she asked. My eyes darted back and forth down the platform and my stomach lurched anytime someone came close to the thick yellow line that you weren't supposed to cross. I whined in response.

“I don't like this. People aren't careful. Those lines are there for a reason. They keep stepping on it.” I gripped her hand tighter as a woman blatantly walked on the yellow line.

“I know sweetie. Its ok. Just breathe.” Minnie cooed to me. I took a deep breath and it came out jagged.

“Minnie.” I whined.

“Shhh I know. I'm here. Its ok.” She slid closer to me on the bench and pulled my head gently to rest on her shoulder.

A train horn whistled in the distance and I jumped clinging to her arm.

“Hey. It will be ok. Look everyone moved away from the line. We have to stand up now Jonnie.” She waited for my response. I nodded and she slowly stood up, never letting go of my hand. I stayed close to her side. She took us a couple steps closer to the yellow line and my breath hitched. She squeezed my hand comfortingly as the train pulled up to the platform and the doors opened. She pulled me toward the doors. I stopped breathing but I followed her. My heart pounded in my ears. I was breathing ragged and it wasn't until I heard her say my name that I realized my eyes had been closed.

“Jonnie? Jonnie sweetie sit down.” I opened my eyes and realized we were on the train. I did as I was told and sat down next to her. She smiled at me. “The hard part is over for a bit. Now we just have to ride until it’s our stop.” I nodded slowly then jumped as the train lurched around a turn. “You can close your eyes if you need to Jonnie. I will let you know when it’s time to get off.” I closed my eyes resting my head on her shoulder again.

“Thank you.” I murmured.

“Always, Jonnie.” She murmured back.

The train ride wasn't long but to me it seemed like it took an eternity. Every bump or turn sent my stomach churning. But after only a fifteen-minute ride, Minnie was coaxing me to stand again.

As soon as the train stopped and the doors opened I darted out the door and across the yellow line toward the safety of the benches. Minnie was beaming ear to ear and I quickly frowned at her.

“Why are you so smiley?” I asked.

“You did it! Jonnie I am so proud of you! You rode the train!” She couldn't stop smiling and I couldn't help but smile back. There was something about my sister's smile that always made everything right again.

“I did didn’t I?” I said grinning back. She nodded excitedly. I laughed lightly. She took my hand again and she led me off the platform.

“If I am correct that is our school.” She said pointing at the large stone building and grounds directly in front of us. My jaw fell open. The school was huge. Our father had said that his boss had pulled some strings and gotten us into a really good school but, I didn't think he had meant like this.

Large wrought iron gates stood between us and the large campus. The lawn looked manicured and a security guard stood in a little box next to the gate. I gave Minnie a curious look.

“You can't be serious?” I coughed.

“Well the name on the gate matches the one on our uniforms.” She shrugged gawking at the school as well. I shrugged in agreement and we walked toward the gate. The security guard nodded at us and at the sight of our uniforms, pushed a button. A loud buzzer sounded and the gates opened.

Minnie smiled wide and pulled us through the gates with a giggle. “This place is huge!” She chimed. I giggled along with her.

“Good thing we are early because we might have trouble finding the office.” She laughed at my words.

“Yes. It’s a very good thing.”

We walked into the main building and looked for some sign of where the office may be. There were already students lingering in the hallways. Minnie pointed to a sign on the wall that had an arrow leading us to the office. I smiled at her and we headed in that direction.

Suddenly two boys crashed around the corner. The taller of the two was chasing the other an angry look on his face while the smaller, darker of the two boys laughed and continued running. They ran straight toward us and at the last moment the smaller of the two skidded to a halt in front of us causing the second boy to run into him. He steadied himself and then snatched a notebook out of the dark boy’s hands. He didn't notice however. He was too busy looking at Minnie and I. I stood there shocked at the sudden commotion and Minnie looked just as taken aback. The angry looking boy’s eyes made their way toward us. His brows cinched together in curiosity.

“Hi there!” The first boy said with a smile. It took my brain a second to adjust to the Korean. Minnie looked at me anxiously.

“Hello.” We both said in unison and bowed slightly. His smile widened at this.

“Are you new here? I don't think I have seen you around campus before.” He smirked slightly. The second boy was staring at me. Not in a creepy way. Just the way people normally did when they saw my eyes.

“Yes. Today is our first day.” Minnie piped up. I smiled at her flawless Korean.

“Have you gone to the office yet?” The taller boy said. His voice was soft.

“Always so interested in the technicalities.” The other boy muttered. “I am Cha HakYeon. This is Jung TaekWoon.”

“It's nice to meet you.” We chorused again. My cheeks flushed. This always happened. I spoke next.

“I am Kang WooJeong.” I looked down at the floor.

“And I am Kang WooMin” Minnie said adjusting her bag on her shoulder.

“And we were on our way to the office now. We just don't exactly know where that is.” I said playing with my hair absently.

“We can show you if you would like.” Taekwoon said smiling. “I have to drop stuff off there anyway.”

“Yeah we can show you the ropes. Give you the tour. All that good stuff.” Hakyeon said winking. I laughed.

“Thanks that would be really helpful.” Minnie said her cheeks full of pink.

“Ok let’s go! It's this way!” Hakyeon sang and turned back toward the direction he had come. Taekwoon just shook his head disapprovingly and followed his friend. Minnie and I exchanged a look and then followed the two boys. All the while, students at their lockers stared at the two of us interacting with them in awe. Some of them whispered. Some of them glared. I watched my feet while I walked. Avoiding any and all unwanted attention. Minnie did the same.

The boys stopped abruptly which almost resulted in Minnie and I walking right into them. Luckily we stopped in time.

“We are here!” Hakyeon rang out as he pushed open the door to the office. Taekwoon scowled.

“Do you have to be so loud?” He said in a harsh whisper.

“Do you have to be so uptight?” Hakyeon retorted. Minnie giggled. I just shook my head.

The two of us girls walked up to the front desk. A small woman was sitting on the other side of the desk and she looked up at us expectantly.

“You two must be the transfers from the US. We have some paperwork for you to fill out and then you will get your schedules and your locker numbers.” We nodded in understanding and the woman handed us two matching clipboards. We turned back and took our seats next to the door and began filling out our paper work. Taekwoon went to the desk after we sat down and handed the woman something that I couldn't see. Hakyeon sat on the other side of Minnie and watched her fill out her paperwork.

We finished filling out our work and simultaneously stood and made our way to the desk. We handed the woman the clipboards and then she handed us her two slips of paper. On the slips were our schedules and hand written on the back were our locker numbers and the combinations. We turned back toward the boys who were waiting by the door. Taekwoon easily slipped the paper out of my hands.

“You are in the grade below us but your lockers are in the same hall as ours.” He nodded. “We can show you were those are and where your main classroom is before we have to head to homeroom.” His voice was almost professional. I nodded and the four of us headed out into the hallway.

“So you moved here from the US?” Hakyeon asked curiously.

“Yes. We just arrived yesterday.” Minnie said with a smile.

“Oh so you really haven't been here long!” He smiled wider. We both shook our heads.

“You do that a lot.” Taekwoon observed.

“Do what?” we both said at the same time.

“That” He nodded toward us. “you talk at the same time and walk the same way and look the same. Only your eyes and hair are different.” He pointed at my hair and eyes.

“We are identical twins. It’s a habit.” I shrug.

“Then do you wear contacts?” Hakyeon asked. “You can't have different eyes like that if you are identical.” Well he sure was straight to the point then wasn't he.

“They aren't contacts. It’s a defect.” I tried to keep the edge out of my voice. It was a somewhat touchy subject. Hakyeon looked instantly ashamed.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you.” He bowed his head.

“It's ok. I get it a lot. I'm used to it.” All three of them frowned at my words. “Really, its ok.”

“Here we are.” Taekwoon pointed to our lockers. “331 and 333. Ours are right over there.” He said pointing to the opposite side of the wall. We nodded and made our way to our lockers. We both put in our combinations and got them on the first try. I opened mine and placed my bag in the locker before grabbing my books for my first class and my leisure book. I shut the door and turned toward Minnie as she shut hers. I smiled wide and she smiled back.

“Do you guys need to get anything from your lockers?” I pondered looking across the hall. Both boys shook their heads.

“We already put our stuff in our classroom.” Hakyeon smirked. Minnie checked her watch.

“We don't have much time before homeroom starts. We should probably head that way.” She said looking around. Hakyeon chuckled.

“Alright then. Your class is this way.” At that he began walking again. We started to follow and Taekwoon leaned toward me slightly and whispered.

“Sorry about him. He is a little eccentric.” I smiled at his words.

“It's ok. It’s refreshing. He reminds me of a friend we have back in the US.” Taekwoon nodded as we walked.

“Do you miss it there?” He asked. His voice was like velvet.

“I do. The move was very sudden. We lived in the same place all our lives. So this is very different.” I responded easily.

“Well I hope your move isn't too unbearable.” He says and gives a small smile. It was beautiful. I had a feeling it was a rare sight though.

“So far it has been pretty good. WooMin helps a lot.” I said staring after her. Hakyeon was making funny faces at her and she pushed him lightly.

“Sisters have that effect.” He said his face blank again.

“Yes they do.” I looked down at my hands.

“They seem to be getting along.” He nodded toward Minnie and Hakyeon.

“Yeah. She is pretty easy to get along with though.” I said with a smile.

“Hakyeon too. He has gravity. People are just pulled to him. No matter how irritating he is.” The way Taekwoon talked about him made me smile. He respected Hakyeon a lot. It was incredibly evident.

“WooMin has gravity too. That is a great way to explain her. I never thought of it like that. But it fits.” I hummed.

Hakyeon stopped in front of a door and smiled pointing up at the sign.

“This is your main classroom. Most of your classes will be in here.” Minnie and I nodded.

“Thank you for showing us the way. I am pretty sure we would have gotten terribly lost if we hadn't had your help.” I chimed in as we reached the door.

“Not a problem. We can't have you two wandering around confused, can we?” Hakyeon winked. We both flushed.

“We should probably get to our own homeroom.” Taekwoon muttered. “It was nice meeting you both.”

“It was nice meeting you too!” We said together with a chuckle.

“See you around!” Hakyeon said with a wave and then they both disappeared around the corner. Once again, we were alone.

“I think I am going to like it here.” Minnie said with a blush. My face flushed scarlet.

“Me too.”