Sing for me

|| Butterfly ||

please,please, PLEASE

listen to BTS - butterfly while reading so it can set the mood

Enjoy


 

She knocked on the door before opening it slowly to see Jin sitting on his bed; she smiled at him as he stared back at her. She let herself in and closed the door behind her then approached him with her hands behind her back. His eyes followed every move she made, the way she dragged her legs towards him, the way her head was tilted down, to the way her lips were pursed together firmly.

She sat on the edge of the bed silently and finally looked at him in the eyes but she didn't say a word, not that it was awkward, they always had this comfortable quietness lingering in the air sometimes. He didn't ask her why she came to him in this hour; instead, he placed the book in his hands away and warmly smiled at her. He noticed her biting on her lower lip and nipping on it.

"Can you sing for me?" she breathed out in whisper. This too was something between them, she'd always ask him to sings something for her. 'Your voice soothes me' those were the word she would repeat every time he'd ask her why. The corners of his lips curled up in a smile and he nodded. Shifting his body a little, he turned to fully face her, his legs folded on the bed.

"What's your order tonight miss?" he asked in a husky voice, pretending to be a radio man. Chuckling softly, she moved her bangs from her eyes and answered 'Butterfly'. His eyebrows twitched a little but he relaxed his expression and cleared his throat. Adjusting his vocals, he then began to sing, his voice filling the room and he closed his eyes to concentrate. She never asked him to sing this song before. Yes, she had said that this song was perfect and for days kept listening to it, but never to sing it for her.

He opened his eyelids to meet her eyes as they stared into his, but she wasn't really looking at him. Her gaze was lost deep in thoughts and he wondered what's in her mind. As he sang, he kept his eyes on her and saw how her eyes got shiny. She immediately covered her eyes with her hand, only the lower part of her face was visible. Another habit of hers, always covering her eyes when she's about to cry.

His eyes trailed down with the tear that fell on her cheek. He hesitated whether to stop singing or not but he continued nonetheless. Even the rap parts, he sang them perfectly. As he sang more, the tears stained her cheeks more; her chest was moving irregularly, shoulders trembling slightly.

The song reached its end and his voice faded. He didn't say a thing afterwards and let her cry as she wanted. Few minutes passed and he figured that she isn't planning to stop any time soon. He grabbed her from her shoulders and turned her around on the bed, making her back facing him. He leaned back on the wall behind him and pulled her between his legs to rest her back on his chest, he could feel her silent cries and small hiccups. He tried to move her hand but she only pulled her hand back. He whispered 'it's ok' in her ear and this time she didn't resist, he moved her hand down and placed his hand instead, his other hand hugging her waist, wrapping her completely.

He kept telling her to stop crying and tell him what's bothering her over and over, although he already knew the reason she was crying, he knows every little thing about her. He was always the friend that was there for her when she was feeling down, he knows he was the only one that can calm her down, he knows she only cries when she's around him, he knows and he swore to always be the shoulder she would lean on.

When he felt her breathing was back to normal, he moved his hand away and let her dry her eyes, a long sigh left her lips and she snuggled in his chest.

"I'm sorry." she apologized but he shook his head, rubbing the top of her head with his chin.

"How about you tell me what's wrong?" he questioned her, not sure if she'd tell him the truth instead of forming a white lie again. She paused for a moment and he was ready to roll his eyes at her excuse but his lungs stopped when she spoke.

"Taehyung." – He smiled bitterly but said nothing, an old feeling crushing his rips – "You already know what happened today." she laughed dryly as he hummed. He remembered how his friend came today with a huge grin on his face, his head in the clouds. He surprised all of them when he announced that he finally confessed to the girl he likes and they set their first date. At that moment, Jin's eyes shot to the girl who was standing near the kitchen door. She had a dumbfounded expression on her face but she soon shoved it away and a fake smile was placed instead. All six members noticed it, why was Taehyung so dumb?

His thoughts stopped when he felt her move in his arms. She pushed herself up and off from the bed, Jin's hands dropped on his lap as his eyes followed her. She sniffed and fixed her shirt then thanked him for his time, apologizing once again to him. He watched her leave the room like the way she got in, without a word.

His blank eyes stared at the closed door as his thoughts were roaming everywhere, feeling the warmth on his chest disappearing. He slid his body to lie down, throwing one arm across his face. Humming the song lowly, he tried his best to stop his voice from breaking because of that painful lump that formed in his throat. But he failed when that burning tear found its way on his face.

She was as dumb as Taehyung after all.