Time of Death: 7:13 PM

Time of Death: 7:13 PM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been hours. For Hakyeon, it feels like days just sitting here, waiting in the empty hallway. He tried to keep himself busy. He tried talking to almost everyone on his contact list. Hell, he even tried praying which everyone knows he does almost as often as never.

 

Hakyeon checked his watch, the screen displays 6:20 PM. Roughly four hours ago, he and Taekwoon were having a fight. Four hours ago, he was furious and hurt and so was his lover. Four hours ago, Taekwoon told him the most heartbreaking news. Four hours ago, anxiety flooded through him. The various horrible scenes his imagination has produced were all nothing compared to now. About an hour ago, the police handed him a sealed plastic bag containing Taekwoon’s belongings, including an envelope addressed to him, and told him where they found the younger’s pale and unconscious body lying on the cold concrete. He eyes the now almost crumpled envelope in his hands. He opens it slowly, partly anxious of what’s inside, and finds a handwritten letter. Upon first glance, he immediately knew it was Taekwoon’s although the handwriting was a little messier, as if it was written in a rush. Hakyeon started reading the contents, despite the tears flowing from his eyes and clouding his vision.

 

 

 

Dear Cha Hakyeon,

 

            Remember when we first saw each other on the coffee shop where you usually worked? I just finished settling in to my new apartment and decided to stop by for coffee... and there I saw you in your barista uniform, wearing the brightest smile I have ever seen. That day, I thought the lighting of the coffee shop was too bright. It turns out you are just a radiant person and I ultimately saw how luminous your personality is at first sight.

 

            Maybe it was the way your cheeks flush and how you smiled to me as if I am the most important person to you that made me come back the next day... and the day after that... and the following days. Initially, I came for the coffee. I reasoned with myself because, let's be honest here, the coffee you guys make is really good. But then, my days aren't considered complete as long as I haven't gone to visit the coffee shop. You became par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter