Chapter 8

A Cruise To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YURI'S POV

It's already been an hour since Jessica lied next to me and kissed me goodnight. I expected that she'll fall asleep right away because she has me by her side and cuddling her. But when I opened my eyes after an hour of dozing, I saw her still wide awake and staring at me. As I looked into her brown orbs, I wondered what it is that's running on her mind. I even asked myself if Jessica normally finds it difficult to fall asleep when she's in someone else's place. So after much contemplation, I decided to ask her about it. 

"Yes, it's true that I find it hard to fall asleep when I'm in someone else's house. But you're not just someone to me, Yuri. You are my love, so sleeping here for the first time is not the reason why I'm still awake," she answered.

"Then what is my love's reason for staying awake?" I asked in return, copying the sweet way she uttered the words my love.

"I'm still awake because I'm taking my time to memorize every single detail of your face. Through it, even if I'll become blind, I'd still be able to picture how you look like."

"The features of my face will change in the succeeding years Sica. I'll have wrinkles, my eyebags might grow bigger, and my cheekbones will either become prominent or not depending on whether I'll loose or gain weight. If those changes will happen, will you still be able to envisage how I look like?"

Jessica chuckled because of my reply. She palmed my cheek and placed a gentle kiss on my lips before giving me an answer. "Even if those changes will occur, I'd still remember you as the beautiful Kwon Yuri I met in this cruise ship. Not even the slightest change in your features could alter how you look like in my mind and in my heart."

Once again, my heart fluttered because of Jessica's words. Whenever she says those kind of things, I always end up being lost of words to counter her sweetness.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Did I say something I shouldn't?" she asked when I remained mum for a long time. 

"No, you didn't. I'm just amazed at how romantic you are. Your words and your actions have the capability of nabbing me of words to say. Are you sure that I'm your first girlfriend? You really haven't been involved to any kind of relationship before meeting me?"

Jessica nodded cutely and replied, "It's my mom who told you more than once that you are the first person that I loved. So I believe I don't need another evidence to prove it. Tell me. Why is my Kwon Yuri suddenly asking me if she really is my first girlfriend?"

"Because you're a pro in making my heart flutter, Miss Jessica Jung. You know too well how to make my world slow down. And you also know how to narrow my vision until the only person I see is you. These are the things an expert lover is capable of."

Jessica smiled coyly because of the compliments I've given her. I also saw the red tinge on her cheeks despite the dim lights. "Truthfully speaking, I don't know how I managed to have those effects on you. The only answer I could arrive at is that maybe it is my love for you which taught me to do all those things I haven't done before. You have that kind of strong impact in my life Yuri. It is a privilege to be able to meet you and to be loved by you."

I touched Jessica's hand that was palming my cheek and gave it a long kiss. It's my way of conveying how privileged I am too for being loved by someone like her. "I love you, Jessica Jung. So much." 

Jessica responded by giving me another kiss that was longer than the first. And after that, we both drifted to our dreamland.

---

When I woke up the following day, I didn't see Jessica beside me. Instead, what I found lying next to me was a box of gold-plated rose and a handwritten note from my ever loving girlfriend.

Happy first monthsary, my Kwon Yuri. Words cannot express how happy and lucky I am to have someone like you in my life. Thank you for the one month that you made me feel like I'm the most special person in your life. Thank you for the one month of understanding my situation and for accepting who and what I am. 

We've only just finished writing the introduction of our love story. There are still a lot of things that might come our way, some of it will most probably make things difficult for either of us. But with the guidance of our love and the powerful God, I know that we will be able to make it through. Giving up is something I'm not going to do because a special person like you is worth every fight I'm going to take.

I love you so much, my Kwon Yuri. And I'm going to love you even more from this day on.

With love,
Your Angel.

I cannot stop myself from smiling from ear to ear after reading Jessica's message. Her monthsary gift was not as extravagant as the ones I often see in social media. But the thoughtfulness and sincerity of her words and efforts were more than enough to make it something grand and unforgettable.

After my morning routine, I went out of my bedroom to look for Jessica. She still hasn't left my cabin and she's still wearing the pajama I lent her. Her long hair was tied into a messy bun and she was humming a song while working eagerly at the kitchen. The dish she's making has a strongly inviting aroma, which made me more excited to have a taste of the first food she cooked for me.

"Good morning," Jessica greeted as soon as I s my arms around her petite waist.

"Good morning," I replied before placing a chaste kiss on her neck. "Happy first monthsary, my Jessica Jung. Thank you very much for the suprise gift. I like it. A lot."

"I'm glad you do like it. When I saw it in a store in Paris, I immediately thought about you. So I bought it even though at that time I wasn't sure whether you'll still choose to be with me or not."

"If that's the case then I'll always send you roses once you go back to America so that you will always remember me."

Jessica's shoulders quivered when she let out her cute laugh. "Actually, every single thing people relates to love always remind me of you. So I guess forgetting you will never be an easy thing for me to do."

My lips pulled up for another smile. I love how Jessica's giving me a high dose of her sweetness early in the morning. "Forgetting me is something you will never add in your to-do list, right?" I asked.

Jessica faced me before giving a response. Her stare alone was enough to make me feel her sincerity. "Never in my life will I do so. I am so in love with you, my Kwon Yuri. Therefore, even if I'll have an amnesia, I believe that my heart will always remember you."

I don't know what to say that can equate Jessica's sweet response so I just whispered how much I love her. In return, she told me how much she loves me too and then showed it through her tender kiss.

Everything I ate that morning were all prepared by Jessica. Even the cup of macchiato was something she personally made. When I asked her when she learned how to cook, her answer was yet again something th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter